Suikoden 2 and suikoden 5 similarity SPOILER

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Hirathien

Re: Suikoden 2 and suikoden 5 similarity SPOILER

Post by Hirathien »

Kyle is most certainly a womanizer, the Jeane scene in Suikoden V anyone? Don't remember if he you could bring him there, but I have a memory of Miakis or Lyon saying something about Kyle at the very moment when Lymsleia was spouting off on the whole "Hussy" part.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hirathien wrote:Kyle is most certainly a womanizer, the Jeane scene in Suikoden V anyone? Don't remember if he you could bring him there, but I have a memory of Miakis or Lyon saying something about Kyle at the very moment when Lymsleia was spouting off on the whole "Hussy" part.

Actually,it was on the begining of the game,where Kyle suggested to Prince to meet the new rune-mistress in her shop (Jeane obviously),and if the Prince responded that he is interesting, Lyon,will be dissapointed about the Prince's choices.

I think this is the one,that you are telling about.

Punkaiser wrote:
2. You don't have any proof to claim richard was brainwashed, right? Since it was never mentionned anywhere so don't take it as a fact. Why can you let yourself consider muller to be a tyrant but uneasy to approve richard as an annoying brat who bothers the man?

It's logical for hauser to do nothing when Jess accused Riou because his real ally at that moment was still Jess, not Riou, there's no reason for him to behead his comrade for the sake of someone else's leader? Now put muller and wilhelm in that picture, do you think muller would cut willhelm if he ever curse the Prince? No chance.

Yeah,i've really got no proof,except the fact that an annoying brat couldn't be a skilled swordsman like Richard. It's impossible.
Like Sheena,who is a troublemaker,and he is a mediocre swordsman by RAW stats (forget about the 3 free rune slots)

Btw,Oboro stated in one of his investigations about Muller,that he uses a stick,to hit his soldiers

Btw,Willhelm is a womaniser too,and he could only curse the Prince if he took away,a sexy mercenary who was working under him,i suppose.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Yeah,i've really got no proof,except the fact that an annoying brat couldn't be a skilled swordsman like Richard. It's impossible.
Sorry, I can't get your logic here.
Btw,Oboro stated in one of his investigations about Muller,that he uses a stick,to hit his soldiers
That's surely a good way to defame someone you don't like hein! you should quote the full investigation next time. He only hits people when they are slacking off
But other than that, he's pretty reasonable, so his troops don't hate him, apparently.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I mean,i couldn't imagine a spoiled brat,to be a skilled swordsman. And Richard is on of the best in the game.

My theory is,that Ric. was brainwashed by his abusive father,in order to admire his superiors, whatever are they,even acting like a fool in front of them,and to be a skilled swordsman. Mueller killed his father,and took Richard along,but Mueller ignores that the boy has been brainwashed,and he still opresses him.

I might be wrong though...

P.S. Another crazy theory is,that Richart might be gay,and masochist. He likes Mueller and he wants to become his slave (in bed obviously). Although this sounds a little crazy,and i don't believe it's true....it might be,since there is no official statement,about the relationship between them.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Sasarai10 wrote:I mean,i couldn't imagine a spoiled brat,to be a skilled swordsman. And Richard is on of the best in the game.

My theory is,that Ric. was brainwashed by his abusive father,in order to admire his superiors, whatever are they,even acting like a fool in front of them,and to be a skilled swordsman. Mueller killed his father,and took Richard along,but Mueller ignores that the boy has been brainwashed,and he still opresses him.

P.S. Another crazy theory is,that Richart might be gay,and masochist. He likes Mueller and he wants to become his slave (in bed obviously). Although this sounds a little crazy,and i don't believe it's true....it might be,since there is no official statement,about the relationship between them.
LOL WUT?

I think you're reading a little too deep into this Richard/Mueller thing and making it weirder than it needs to be. I think the most simple way to describe their relationship is that Richard is, despite being an "annoying brat", a naturally skilled swordman that pushes himself to extremes when training. Mueller is his tough/strict superior, and being the good soldier Richard is, Richard idolizes him, despite Mueller's abuse. Pretty simple if you ask me, and it's not muddied up with masochism or murdered parents.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

freshmetal wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:I mean,i couldn't imagine a spoiled brat,to be a skilled swordsman. And Richard is on of the best in the game.

Actually his father was murdered by Mueller as it is stated in his profile,and he was forced to be a swordsman by a young age:

http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/i ... har_id=246

LOL WUT?

I think you're reading a little too deep into this Richard/Mueller thing and making it weirder than it needs to be. I think the most simple way to describe their relationship is that Richard is, despite being an "annoying brat", a naturally skilled swordman that pushes himself to extremes when training. Mueller is his tough/strict superior, and being the good soldier Richard is, Richard idolizes him, despite Mueller's abuse. Pretty simple if you ask me, and it's not muddied up with masochism or murdered parents.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Ya know, if Mueller SAVED the poor lad from his father, it's not surprising at all that he look upon Mueller as an Idol or something similar.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hirathien wrote:Ya know, if Mueller SAVED the poor lad from his father, it's not surprising at all that he look upon Mueller as an Idol or something similar.

Probably,but Mueller's behavior towards Richard isn't that good. He seems a cold-hearted man,with no feelings..."married to his job" in a bad way.

Anyway,that's my point of view,because i disliked Mueller,as a personality. As a general he is very useful,and i used him in many war battles.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote: All these points fit Gantetsu as well :). But really, Shoon always remind me of Wakaba from their combat posture to the unique runes and their outfit.

Actually the one who is closer to Gantetsu is Isato,both of them appear early in the game (You can ask Isato to join,once you step your foot to Lunas,after recruiting Takamu),but they will be recruitable much later,both are priests,and both of them are participating in the Shining Scalp unite attack.

Another pair which is similar is Kahn/Egbert.

Besides both of them share the same star...

-They've got some kind of fascination with Caves.
-They belong to some family who has an archi-nemesis who has passed from generation to generation. Marley family has Neclord,and Eathelbald has Godwins.
-Their goal is fulfilled in this game
-They are unpredictable! Who could ever imagine that a vampire-hunter guy,will turn to be a mineralogist,or you could play a board game with this crazy guy?

Their only difference is that the one is a crazy man,who goes bananas when he talks about Godwins,and the other one is a calm guy...or it seems,in S2,we cannot see characters so clearly,because of the retro graphics...so he might act like Egbert...who knows?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

"I've heard that you're taking a stand against that FILTHY DEVIL, Neclord! You're going to BASH him up good?! This is absolutely wonderful news! That insalubrious blackguard Neclord is truly the very SOUL of evil incarnate! His PESTIFEROUS being spreads evil to everything it TOUCHES! (Whatever part of Harmonia) USED to be mine, I tell you! It RIGHTFULLY belongs to the House of Marley! He TOOK it from me, he TRICKED everyone! FILTHY, FILTHY, DEVIL! No QUARTER or MERCY for the FILTHY DEVIL! BASH HIS EXECRABLEMALEFICENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE! DEVIL! PERFIDIOUSMISERABLEODIOUSWRESTCH!! GEETAAAAARRRGH!!!"

Or something like that.
:lol:
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

LOL i really want to have an X button to press right in middle of your post.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Ooh and Kahn should've had a bejeweled minigame... "I found these stones in the cave... Perhaps you'd like to play a game with them when you're not fighting THAT FILTHY DEVIL NECLORD!!" lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE