Nether Gate after the War (SPOILERS)

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Intraman

Post by Intraman »

The Nether Gate diffinately have/had their fingers in all around the world.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were some how involved in each of the Suikoden that chronologically came after 5.
Whats interesting about them is that they don't seem to use runes or magic like other the shadowy groups of suikoworld seem to use.
Mike is from the howling voice guild where clive is also affiliated and also cathari
Is there anything backing that up?
genso19

Re: Nether Gate after the War (SPOILERS)

Post by genso19 »

As far as I can think, The Nether Gate will not likely to reappear as Nether Gate, but most likely in another name and form(though they are still Nether Gate)

since Oboro and Nakula went after the Nether Gate (It is said that Oboro went to Nagarea to settle things once and for all) and Nakula (He'll get Sagiri last) and the Howling Voice Guild is also interested with the Nether Gate, so it's most likely that they will make a disguise with so many threats
"Hey, listen up! These Godwin traitors got no respect for justice. And sure, sometimes justice is just a little word. But sometimes justice is three feet of sharp steel smashing in your face. Now, let's go get 'em!"
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

There's always the possibility that we'll see the remnants of Nether Gate in a future title. If an upcoming installment takes place sometime after the events of SV or around the events of S1.

But it seems someone else is going to have to eliminate Nether Gate once and for all since Nagarea is out of Falena's jurisdiction.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I wouldnt be at all surprised to find that Kage was a member of Nether Gate. Hes nefarious, and has definitely done some evil things. If i remember correctly he was involved the the theft of the Fire Wind Cannon blueprints in s1 and with the death of the mayor of Muse in S2. If they infact connect earlier Suikoden Games (earlier made, not chronologically earlier) with the Nether Gate, this would come as no surprise.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Kage has his own group, hasn't he? I believe Watari and Ayame belonged to that one.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Its possible, having never read any of the manga or novels, though its not my fault i cant read japanese, I am not quite caught up on the background information.

Though i'm almost positive Kage has no connection to Rokkaku or however you spell the ninja village in S2...
jonathan_priest

Re:

Post by jonathan_priest »

Crowetron wrote:Maybe this is just me, but I like to think someone from Nether Gate, likely one of those missing bigwigs, wound up in Highland and taught a certain infamous Prince his bloodthirsty tactics, since I really doubt Han taught Luca to murder villagers as pigs.
That seems unlikely. Oboro has mentioned in the game that when he was part of Nether Gate, they never would have recruited someone as bloodthirsty as Childerich. Most of their assassins are methodical, not sociopathic.

As for their future, I get the feeling they're pretty close to extinction. Or have at least gone underground. It'd probably take some time to rebuild to their former greatness. And with being hunted by so many people, especially someone like Oboro with all his resources, it'd be very hard to remain hidden and build up your forces.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I agree I'm quite sure this wont be the last of the Nether Gate. Beings that they are killers for hire, they hold no loyalty to any nation, I'm sure as the story and timeline progresses we'll see more. I was a little lost when i read this but can anyone tell me what Dolph meant by "I"m half dead already", Childerich was Nether Gate and he looked quite human to me. If they arent human at all than they're just like the zombies. On the contrary, the zombies were probaly knights or warriors who became undead, and if nether gate isnt human then they're just assassins and ninjas who became undead.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai