was Thomas originally to have more purpose...

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

Thomas's wind rune skill at A+ 's interesting.

But I dunt think he's a guy that'd like to bears the "immortal curse" of the true rune anyway. He enjoys his life as the castle owner fine enough with out bearing any true rune
(after all it seems that all true rune bearer's destined to be alone after the war's off just like Tir & Riou and so hero IV
but thomas seems to love more to work on his castle owner job.)

For his character as kind-strong-willed (Just look at how he never give up fighting even he's standing against luc with TWR) man who's working as the head of the castle 's Great enough for him to be the star.
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

It'd be cool if he actually did get the True Wind Rune. So long as he protects his friends with it, it's fine. Just as long as he doesn't go loco like how Luc did... darn the memories! Darn the pyreflies!!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

heartreborn wrote:(after all it seems that all true rune bearer's destined to be alone after the war's off just like Tir & Riou and so hero IV
but thomas seems to love more to work on his castle owner job.)
Lazlo (HeroIV) and Tir McDohl would be the only ones that would need to stay alone, since their runes are literally cursed, and not just in the sense that they'll live forever like all of the other True Rune bearers. The best example of True Rune bearers having friends would be the FC, Geddoe, and Wyatt, since they would be able to live together forever, due to owning True Runes. Of course, I'm talking about before the FC and Wyatt died.
heartreborn

Post by heartreborn »

"Lazlo (HeroIV) and Tir McDohl would be the only ones that would need to stay alone, since their runes are literally cursed"

well may be it's me who missed those part so thx for your idea^^.

so his name 's Lazlo ? that's quite good name. I didn't know his official name b4.[/spoiler]
Even destiny makes room for a person who's strong-willed
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Oh Thomas, he was so humble and polite. It would be neat if you saw him in a later on Suikoden. Maybe a little peach fuzz growing in? Him and Cecile having a kid (You know it's bound to happen, they're steps away from hormones.) I'd love to see Thomas later on, Im a fan.
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yes Thomas has A+ in Wind Magic but he also has it in Lighting and Water as well. Apparently Thomas is stronger then even I had originaly thought, all you have to do is build up his abilities. I just mistook Ernies "It won't be easy..." to mean a low rank rather then high.
happyfatball

Post by happyfatball »

I'm not so sure that Thomas is the person who recieves the wind rune, because of the fact that his wind magic is a A+, all that means is he if good at using wind magic. I guess for this theory to actually be right we would need a bit more information to know what happened with the wind rune, i highly doubt that thomas would go searching for something in those ruins because he comes off as such a pansy character at times. If i really had to throw out a guess as to what happened with the wind rune, i would say that harmonia probabbly has it based on the fact that harmonia is known to be research areas where true runes were, and that place had i believe 4 there at the time?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

There were 5 Runes at the ruins and yes Harmonia would go looking for the missng Wind Rune if it hasn't already left with someone else. We really don't have much to go on but guessing, I don't think Thomas was that much a Pansy, he just wanted peace so that his Castle could thrive. He defended it and even went to the Last Battle site to help defeat Luc.

At the moment of death for Luc and Sarah the Rune could have gone anywhere, the best guess is probably someone from Harmonia. We don't know how well it can travel though, the Beast Rune could up and go where ever it wanted to and the Rune of Punishment has to wait for a human vessel to travel.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

If Thomas was meant to get the True Wind Rune then Thomas would have it. There are plenty of people who would be more capable with True Runes than those we have seen chosen to bear them and yet have not. Talent and skill at one thing doesn't mean you're destined to do that one thing. Thomas was meant for other things and being a cursed True Rune bearer is just not one of them and I say that is quite fortunate for him.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

demon eye wrote:If Thomas was meant to get the True Wind Rune then Thomas would have it. There are plenty of people who would be more capable with True Runes than those we have seen chosen to bear them and yet have not. Talent and skill at one thing doesn't mean you're destined to do that one thing. Thomas was meant for other things and being a cursed True Rune bearer is just not one of them and I say that is quite fortunate for him.
However Thomas is very proficient with wind runes. Perhaps he is destined to posses the True Wind rune at one time. However I doubt it.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Anything is possible, but just because a person is proficient in the magic doesn't mean he should bear a True Rune. If I recall correctly, Rody's teacher was quite proficient in fire magic and thunder magic..quite a bit more proficient than Hugo at fire I believe, and she was never destined to bear the True Fire Rune. It's just about destiny and fate, but I do believe that compatibility does play a part somewhat it's just not essential.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Thomas is the Tenkai star. Don't tell me he can't be destined to bear the True Wind Rune.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

What if the course of the future went all wrong? Maybe the True Wind Rune was supposed to go to Thomas after Luc's death. Who says it hadn't either?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I'm not telling you anything. lol. I'm saying just because a person is skilled at a particular aspect that is related to a True Rune does not mean that they are destined to bear it. Anything is possible of course, but I'm just saying that I woul dnot be surprised that he is not destined to bear the True Wind Rune based on the fact that many other people seem to be quite skilled with certain magic types (quite more skilled than many Tenkais) and don't bear a True Rune at all.

Also, it looks like there is quite some difficulty in bearing the True Wind Rune. I think it is very possible that it will never be beared by a person again. But it is intriguing that Thomas followed Sasarai to get his True Rune back. I always found that interesting as if the creators were alluding to something. But, it just seems like Thomas will be the humble owner of Budehuc Castle and nothing more.
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

yeah i belive Estela(Rody's techer) have a S in fire magic, S in lighting, and A in wind, if the best one to hold the true rune need to be the most powerful, estela is the best choose then
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[=Gandalf=]