In-depth analysis on True Runes..one-stop True Rune Shop

Detailed hypotheses for, and analysis of, the events transpiring during the Suikoden games
Chin Chou

Post by Chin Chou »

It's a superb theory and awesome aswell.
You obviously put a lot of effort in this!
Good job :)
(Btw, those quotes are so awesome! >_>)
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Very good. You should consider submitting it as an editorial.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Thanks Chin Chou and Vincent of Scarlet Moon for your compliments. I'm glad you both enjoyed reading my theory. As for submitting this theory for the editorial, I have done so already. Hopefully darkannex will like it and post it on this site. Thanks again!
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I really don't think he'll have anything wrong with it. By the way, great quotes!
Eao

Post by Eao »

stunning, beautyful. thans for sharing. you've also helped me in some ways.

the quotes are, profound or somthing.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You all are very welcome. Thanks for appreciating my efforts. And I'm sure the quotes are of the or something class. ;-)
jonathan_priest

WOW

Post by jonathan_priest »

All I can say is, this is truly amazing. You've put in a great deal of depth and have really shed light on some of the major mysteries of the less than known Runes. This is just incredible and you've left me in awe. Brilliant job Demon Eyes...a really wonderful resource. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You are very welcome. I haven't been able to do any updating on this thread in a while. I need to find more material quick...*scurries away*
Sasari

Post by Sasari »

Amazing, very well researched and in depth. Astounding.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Sun Rune

~ I am radiant, I am thine warm embrace, I am that beacon, I am the harbinger of light. Call me day, my majestic face shall wash away the night

This True Rune is of the Ethos class. Again, I will not state that the Sun Rune is in direct opposition with the Night Rune, because I believe all True Runes possess their own inner duality which causes it to conflict with itself, thus balancing its nature. With that said, let us begin.

The Sun Rune embodies nurturing light that facilitates the existence of all living things. To delve even deeper, this True Rune is that which allows for daylight and distinguishes morning from night. The Sun is the center of a solar system, but even through noting that fact, we can't forget that Night always accompanies the Sun..think of it as if a man standing in the Sun casting a shadow. Carrying on.

It is the radiant source to which matter is drawn. The beings of the Suikoden World depend on this True Rune for sustinence along with the elements of nature. Therefore, this True Rune also combines with the Elemental True Runes to stabilize the environment as its most basic function.

But, the Sun Rune possesses a deeper meaning, which leads to its dual nature. Myth around the Sun is that it is the great creator. The Sun has the power to nurture and facilitate life, while also possessing the absolute radiant energy to dissolve and eradicate the nutrients necessary for sustaining life. The Sun could also be contributed with the creation of the various seasons attributed to the known world. Summer, Spring, Winter and Autumn all exist due to the Sun.

The Sun, in regards to the seasons, comprises of two periods of prosperity and two periods of decline. Summer is typically a period of fruition, fulfillment, happiness, or beauty. Spring means to come into being, rise, or arise within a short time. This is synonymous with growth and birth. The Summer and Spring are two periods where the Sun is at its fullest..we can call this the rising period of the Sun. But, the Sun also exist in a setting period.

Autumn is a period of maturity verging on decline. Autumn is synonymous with fall and repercussion. Winter is synonymous with restlessness and insanity, as well as division and fall. Winter is also characterized as a period of time characterized by coldness, misery, barrenness, or death. Sound familiar to anyone? Combined, these four seasons characterize the Sun Rune's dual nature of nurture and desolation. When the Sun is at its peak we have birth, happiness and prosperity, but when the Sun is in decline, we have death, desolation, coldness and misery.

We see this dual nature expressed by the very nature of the Queen. Her encounter with the Sun Rune was in the midst of its winter and autumn, which led to her desire for misery, death and tendecy to be restless and insane. But, the Sun Rune also displayed that it is capable of the Spring and Summer when it was shown revitalizing the land of Falena.

Also, we must not forget the analogy of the Dawn and Twilight Runes which help to calm the transitionary periods of the Sun. Note, these two runes were created when Night separated itself from Sun. It is helpful to note that Sun and Night existed in harmony, which also helps to dispel any statements that they directly opposed one another.

Let's continue. Dawn is defined as the first appearance of daylight. It also means to begin to open and develop. The word is synonymous with morning, sunrise and beginning. The Dawn Rune symbolizes the beginning of the prosperous periods of the Sun Rune. It denotes the Summer and Spring seasons, conversely where there is more Sun.

Twilight is defined as a terminal period, especially after full development. It denotes a state of uncertainty, vagueness, or gloom. It is diffused light from the sky when the Sun is below the horizon, more commonly, from sunset to nightfall. It is synonymous with decline. The Twilight Rune embodies the period of decline which triggers the Autumn and Winter seasons, conversely where there is more Night.

These two runes encompass the transitionary periods the Sun must go through to maintain proper harmony because with out the seasons existence would slip out of balance. Also, you can see how these two runes are related to the Night Rune, as well. This also leads me to believe that the Sun and Night Runes relate to the rise and fall of man, possibly heaven and hell, as well. Night, if you recall, I likened to purgatory, Sun could be likened to the call to the "pearly gates" of Heaven, or ascension to benevolence. Well, there is no need to go into a lengthy discussion in that regard, but I wanted to just point out that the analogy is noted.

~ I hope this has been insightful and I hope all will enjoy this read. And not to toot my own horn, but my editorial on True Runes was posted April 12, 2005 and I mentioned the relationship of the Night Rune to twilight and Suikoden 5 came out almost a year later, and the prediction was pretty much right on. Could Konami have perused my theory??? Who knows? lol. Joking, but I just found it funny looking back and seeing that. Again, please enjoy reading this. It has been too long since I contributed with my research, and yes, demon eye lives on.
Last edited by The Prophet on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

This is probably the most insightful write up I have ever read on any site involving suikoden's true runes.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Well, I am glad that you appreciate it. I am currently in the process of reviewing the attack (e.q. Falcon Rune and Boar Rune) and status type runes (e.q. Turtle Rune and Skunk Rune) that seem to not be derived from the 18 True Runes we know of at this time. I will attempt to link them to the 27 True Runes. I have considered doing a True Runes prediction based on the analogy of the tarot cards, which has been done and referenced in this site. Time will tell if I will have the sufficient amount of time to do so, though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Amazing Demon Eye....

I cant even think about this stuff anymore...its been a LONG time since ive played Suikoden...its gonna be a long time before im fully versed in the suikoverse again, ill probably have to pull out all the games again or at least wait till I play suikoden 6 so my brain can remember past knowledge

even so its great to see you posting yet another addition to your editorial. I find it ineresting that your new name is "Prophet" when your old name was "Demon Eye" very interesting indeed...

Just an amazing essay on the Sun Rune..I continue to be amazed by your intelligence
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Yes, I have had gone through a cleansing that has washed away all my wickedness. lol. Nah, i just could not thing of a more profound name. I will continue to add post as long as there are True Runes to discuss. I am just glad that you appreciate it.
Iku

Post by Iku »

wow this really ineresting! i liked your explainations of the elemental runes, they always seemed so vague to me, except water :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax