Most characters caucasion?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Redheim

Re: Most characters caucasion?

Post by Redheim »

Very nice article. By the way, why did you move to the states from Japan? Especially Ohio... :/
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If you have personal questions like that, please ask in a PM or else the topic will go off topic.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Games are not to be taken so heavily.

Like...why is there no Scandinavian...Where Is Scandinavian names? Where Is our Culture...

Its just, let the game be. I guess Suikoden Is based on European? Lore. Middleages and some chinese (Other asians) Then we have the Karaya tribe, It resemble to me a bit of Arabians/some kind of American tribe in IRL. A proud people.

The article was fun to read. Sad that USA have influences Japan so much. I guess the Americans part in WWII did a large input on most of the Europeans well, seen as saints that saved us when the Russians aswell did a lot of shitty work. Erhm off topic! xD
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Zozma

Post by Zozma »

i also see it as if the characters were supposed to be asians or something... yet at the same time
i think that a couple of the karayans look more black than indian.. like Aila. Still i wish they'd throw a
few more in, maybe take out a few duck people and put in some much cooler characters.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

As the series grinds forward, we've had a few non-caucasion tribes and groups. The Karayan, they remind me of native americans, because they are so connected with the spirits of nature.

Look at raftfleet, they remind me of people from India, especially Raja, her name screams it.

All the Armes cast of people seem like Arabic or Egyption?

Hauser wasn't the only black guy. Don't forget Samus...or was it Reed? Oh well, they were bodyguards of Lilly.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

But there are caucasian people with Asian names and Asian people with Caucasian names. And a whole mix of people with other features. It just goes to show that "Anything Goes" in the Suikoden world. They don't really pay attention to people who have different colors....for most of the time, they just see them as normal. They see other races like drawrves and elves and whatnot as 'other people'....because they look different.

The point of what I'm saying is that racism in the Suikoden world doesn't involve skin color for most of the time. And going back to the main topic, there's lots of caucasian people but if you want to know why there's brown or darker people, who knows? They might have been burned by the sun or just the gene pool's fault.....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

There is always at least one black person in each game, a few tan-skinned people (don't know what to call them), and a few others.
The percentage of Caucasian people is probably around 75%
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Which one is the black one in S1, S4 and S5?
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Which one is the black one in S1, S4 and S5?
S1 = I don't know. I haven't played this.
S4 = I would say Pecola, but......>_>
S5 = Zegai
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

There is not one in S1, though there is a white farmer named black man.

Pecola doesnt look black to me, she just looks tan, like someone who lives in an island nation and spends alot of time in the sun.

Same goes for Zegai.

So i'm still waiting for that evidence.
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Zegai's skin tone is too dark to be considered "tan"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ ... egai01.png
I've seen some African-American people with a lighter shade of brown skin
http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorial ... intone.jpg
According to this scale, Zegai would most likely fall under the Pallor-African
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I only know of two

S2 - Hauser

S3 - Samus

Zegai is from New Armes Kingdom added that he spends a lot of his time outdoors may explain his skin tone.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Author

Post by Author »

It's because of their geography (woot, history >.>). And we're not really sure 'where they come from' but if we're going to look at the geography, they don't exactly work under the sun. Like the Karayans, they're notable for their dark skin, mentioned too in the S3 manga (and probably in S3 game, but I never played it). They've been living in the Grasslands and hunting. For all we know--since the beginning and that would be a long time already, generation to generation.

Yes, there are hunters existing too like Kinnison and Jacques but are white. Be reasonable; skin colors are because of genetics and its hereditary >.> if you must know, the body will use more melanin to darken the body to protect it against the vicious rays of the sun when exposed to them for a long time--generations then passed down...

Yea. But we don't know th exact geography of Suikoden, but I pointed it out and used the Karayans as example.

It has nothing to do with racism.

And yea, I did assume they were Japanese >.>
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Zegai and the other Armes characters look like they're designed after Middle Eastern people, especially with Jidan's hair wrap (http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=526).
Author

Post by Author »

KFCrispy wrote:Zegai and the other Armes characters look like they're designed after Middle Eastern people, especially with Jidan's hair wrap (http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=526).
I think what they wear mostly has no real relation in the real world. It's possibly just some sort of fashion...