The Star Dragon Sword (After III)

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Destiny's Warrior

The Star Dragon Sword (After III)

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Yeah, this just popped into my head upon reading the new True Rune entries to the site. I'm not sure if you could class it as a theory, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Anyway. I remembered that the Star Dragon Sword wanted to go south after Suikoden III.
After the war was over the pair head south in search of a undislosed foe of the Star Dragon Sword.
This made me wonder if it was meaning the Sun Rune, since they split when the SDS took on its Sword appearence. What do you think? I wonder what would happen if both were united. What are your thoughts on it?
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Its not like the Night rune and the Sun rune were a single rune. They were just bound together like a siamese twin and the Night Rune didin't like it so he probably left quite fast after the creation. The Sun and Night rune wouldn't probably EVER unite again.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Just a warning not to mention any plot in Suikoden V when discussing thing.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Wraith wrote:Its not like the Night rune and the Sun rune were a single rune. They were just bound together like a siamese twin and the Night Rune didin't like it so he probably left quite fast after the creation. The Sun and Night rune wouldn't probably EVER unite again.
it dosen't say anything about the night rune and sun rune being united, all we know is the night rune was jealous of the sun rune and thats why it left
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Actually, the wording in the old book makes it very plausible that they were in fact "bonded" in some fashion. After all, if the were already seperate, then Night rune wouldn't have to turn into Zodiac sword to "cut the bond/link between them" or howver it is written. The fact that Night is now a sword establishes that pretty firmly.

I think I left out spoilers, right? :?
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They were bonded in the sense that the aspects of the world under they governed are complements. Together they rule over the cycle of day and night.
DarkSuiyoken

Post by DarkSuiyoken »

[spoiler]In suikoden V, Zerase mentioned that "If only she had the Night Sword.." after she was defeated by Sialeeds. Is this possible that the Night Sword is the Star Dragon Sword?[/spoiler]

They do have some linkage from what I see.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

DarkSuiyoken wrote:[spoiler]In suikoden V, Zerase mentioned that "If only she had the Night Sword.." after she was defeated by Sialeeds. Is this possible that the Night Sword is the Star Dragon Sword?[/spoiler]

They do have some linkage from what I see.
did you note read oppenheimers post? now this is probably goin to get locked
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I don't see how you could even begin to discuss the Night Rune without S5 spoilers. Moving to the proper section.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I think the question of "What is (Zerase)/(The Star Rune's) lineage?" is better formed by asking "If she's not linked to the Night Rune, then what?" What other Sword of Night could there possibly be? Why else would she care about the Sun, Dawn, and Twilight Runes if she's got nothing to do with them?

It's similar to the strong speculation that the Fog Ship Guide is a Sindar. If not a Sindar, then what? Another race that lives in the Eternal Capital? I think it's silly that I should even have to say this, but I'm only giving evidence. I can already imagine some dude wanting to quote this second paragraph to start a whole 'nother discussion, so please don't.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That's a reasonable argument, there's something special about the Night Rune, I wonder what it would be like when borne in the form of a True Rune instead of as a weilded sword.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
avenger

Re: The Star Dragon Sword (After III)

Post by avenger »

maybe the star dragon sword will end up in the newarmes kingdom. and have a character get it...
Destiny's Warrior

It would be interesting to see it again in the southern continent if Suiko 6 is to be set down there and of course if it's a sequal to III.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Does anybody even know where the sword originated from?

Was it always in the Qlon Temple caves until S1...or was it put there by someone else?
MAD 01-08-2004
Destiny's Warrior

Well, all we know is that it "severed it's bonds" from the Sun Rune, so from the southern continent I presume. How it got to Qlon temple however, I have no idea.