Hikusaak

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Black Fang wrote:Well thats what I'm thinking too. The supposed end was going to be left at Suikoden II but then they restarted and know, seeing that they are sitting on somewhat of a gold mine (especially with FF kinda giving way lately), I wouldn't be suprised if they went into one of those never-ending series like the FF.
Again, I have no idea where you get these info, but Suikoden 2 was never supposed to be the "last" of the series. Murayama said that he thought Suikoden 1 would be the last, but he was told to make a sequel after the sales proved to be pretty good. The Suikoden team started the development of Suikoden 3 right after Suikoden 2 was released in Japan.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

I hope not. I love suikoden, but if it turns into FF it will be a sad day.
Didn't say it was going to turn into FF, just have as many sequels heh.....possibly (not known yet).
They'll run out of True Runes eventually, unless they change their minds about how many True Runes there are.
Very true, but as you know they did say in the "legend" of the true runes in suikoden II that there are only 27 KNOWN true runes, but I think it would kill the plot if they started adding new runes....think pokemon just in rune form....eeeeeeek
Again, I have no idea where you get these info, but Suikoden 2 was never supposed to be the "last" of the series.
Actually I'm not exactlly sure where I read this, but I'm certain it was from two different sources. Seems like further fan gossip.....well might as well end it here (at least for ppl coming to Suikosource).
Also so why were they supposed to end the suikodens on the second one? I do not see the full closure in that one really.
The reason I actually believed this is because of "The Rune of Beginning" being tied into the plot. Kinda gave the final rune feeling because of its association to the Sword and the Shield but guess once you look into the myth a little closer its obvious the Rune of Beginning isn't quite all that powerful.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I don't even think Yuber (maybe Pesmerga as well) are of the same world as most. Yuber propably originates from one of the chaos dimensions from which he, Luc, Windy etc seems being able to summon monsters.

Also, I don't believe any of the more complex theories about him. Just because the opposite never has been proven doesn't mean that Yuber, Hikusaak etc are all connected in some gigantic plot. I think people should just stop trying to justify such loose theories by saying "well, they never said it WASN'T so". Sure everything that happens is ruled by fate, the true runes, Dharma and Chaos etc and so all thing must be connected in some way. Just like some religious beliefs states in the real world as well.

Basically I think Yuber is a lesser force of Chaos, above the monsters he commanded during the Gate Rune Wars and the Second Fire Bringer war. He is a demon, that should be clear at least. That he is not human has been known for a long time.

As for Hikusaak I get the feeling that he is strongly a part of the Suikoden world we know. Not some kind of force from another plane of existence.
Hikusaak is propably just a very wise and powerful leader. Maybe he isn't leading Harmonia himself, maybe he is just a historical or mythological figure. Maybe he is even a prisoner. We don't know.

What I do think is that Yuber and Hikusaak are not "related" in any way and do not share the same origins or reasons for anything except for them both being part of the greater happenings of fate. In very different ways too.
The true runes do hold the physical existence toghether, it seems. And it also seems that many great events of fate when the stars of destiny are gathering are tied to the true runes.
I think fate is the only connection between Hikusaaks search for the true runes and Yubers ability to always appear wear fate is twisting and changing the most, with the true runes and their bearers as the center.

Yuber isn't anything that big. He just wants chaos and seeks it all the time. He is even more simple than a human being. A one track mind with a simple purpose. I don't even think he appears to be very intelligent at all. Just monstrous and bloodthirsty.

Hikusaak propably has a very complex mind, that of an extremely intelligent and gifted human who has seen many things and maybe even considers himself chosen by fate or something. Not at all like Yuber who is a demon with just one primitive urge that guides all his actions.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Luc can't summon monsters from the World of Emptiness or World of Endless Night (where monsters are believed to come from and also one of the Million Worlds). He summons a wind golem using a spell taught to him by Leknaat in Suikoden 1 which utilizes his mastery over wind runic spells, but that's probably the extent of his summoning ability. He uses Sarah in Suikoden 3 to do all of his demon summoning.
He is a demon, that should be clear at least. That he is not human has been known for a long time.
Well, it may be "clear" that Yuber is not "human", but we don't actually know what Yuber truly is. We don't no for sure if Yuber is a demon or not. Yuber's actions are believed to be not human in nature and Yuber obviously distances from the frailty of humans, but Yuber could just be making claims as Yuber does not want to be associated with such a weak race especially after gaining so much power.

People see Yuber as a demon because of Yuber's inhuman love for chaos. Even after all of that, I will state that I agree Yuber is not "human", but I just wanted to state that there is no way we can know for sure that Yuber is a demon and not human as of yet. Sorry for being nit-picky on the Luc and Yuber thing.
Yuber isn't anything that big. He just wants chaos and seeks it all the time. He is even more simple than a human being. A one track mind with a simple purpose. I don't even think he appears to be very intelligent at all. Just monstrous and bloodthirsty
Well, you may believe Yuber isn't anything big, but the creators clearly state that the conflict between Yuber and Pesmerga can only be concluded in the final Suikoden. This sort of shows that Yuber is a big deal in the Suikoden World as Yuber's potential demise signals finallity to the Suikoden story.

Also, Yuber may seem to have a one track mind, but lets see what Yuber is trying to do. Yuber seems to want to cause chaos. Chaos is an effect that changes the norm of the world. The norm is order. If things stay the normal status quo then there can be no change.

Yuber is in actuality effecting change on the world of Suikoden by causing chaos. Yuber is allowing for growth. Yuber is trying to break the chains that bind mortals and other creatures to the will of the True Runes. Chaos isn't so bad when you look at it that way.

Sure, Yuber can be seen as a lunatic, driven by murder, but it is possible that Yuber's actions are not just simple-minded and Yuber's actions are of a deeper purpose. Yuber's actions could be for the good of the inhabitants of the Suikoverse.

Just look at the people who summon Yuber to work for them, they clearly were not absent-minded people. They saw Yuber as a necessary tool for their goals. Yuber is more than a blood thirsty killer in my humble opinion. Like I have stated, Pesmerga's motives worry me more than Yuber's.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I wouldn't say that Yuber is the ultimate executor of balance in the world even though his actions are needed. Just as you say. Chaos keeps the flow of things that would otherwise stagnate.
Of course he exists for some higher purpose but I don't think he himself is fully aware of that. Even if he is, I don't think he cares. He just do what he does best without really thinking of his role in the great balance very much.
I don't think he has a philosophical higher ideal, like the one you presented, behind his actions. The force guiding him is propably fate itself. Yuber and Pesmerga, how important they may be for the balance of the world, are still propably just tools used by fate. Even if their final duel would bring down the heaven and split the earth in a million pieces, they would be no more than half-unaware tools in the grand battle of dharma and chaos and fate.

In Suikoden III Luc speaks of Leknaat and "thanks" her for the tricks he learned from her. I assumed that had something to do with summoning.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

demon eye wrote:Luc can't summon monsters from the World of Emptiness or World of Endless Night (where monsters are believed to come from and also one of the Million Worlds). He summons a wind golem using a spell taught to him by Leknaat in Suikoden 1 which utilizes his mastery over wind runic spells, but that's probably the extent of his summoning ability. He uses Sarah in Suikoden 3 to do all of his demon summoning.
Sasarai is cute wrote:In Suikoden III Luc speaks of Leknaat and "thanks" her for the tricks he learned from her. I assumed that had something to do with summoning.
I agree. Luc obviously has some talent with summoning (the Golem in S1). Even if the True Wind Rune is involved, it's already on his person, so that's irrelevant.

Also, Sarah learned how to summon monsters from Leknaat. I don't see why Leknaat wouldn't teach this invaluable skill to Luc as well.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Luc can indeed summon monsters. He even says this in Suikoden 3, that he learned this trick "from his master." Of course, his skill with summoning is not as great as Sarah's, but he can pull it off as well.
Arcana

Post by Arcana »

It was alluded to that the Gate rune is responsible for "monsters". I presume that would be the Front Gate. In S1 we see that Leknaat uses her half of the rune to send the monsters summoned by Windy back to where they came from.

Does the Back Gate also summon monsters, as well as put them away?

As for Hikusaak... it's difficult to speculate because there has been no information released about him. However, to anticipate that he will be male is not that far of a stretch; also to assume he's young-looking is very common since he is a True Rune bearer.

I don't truly understand where people get the idea that Luc and Sasarai are true clones. They don't look anything alike.
-- Arcana

http://suikoden.mine.nu
Suikoden: Pro Patria Mori
- Suikoden Fiction Writing Game.
A land in turmoil... a Rune rediscovered.
Who will be the next Tenkai Star... could it be you?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

"Front" and "Back" are just nicknames for the Gate Rune halves. They both posess identical powers.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

:o I don't know - but maybe if Konami and my life will allow to see more Suikoden Series to come and reveal who is Hikusaak. I have a feeling that we will be very surprise of who is Hikusaak. Maybe he is one of the common looking youngster in a common town that we might mistaken as a NPC. lolz

What I can speculate is the Hikusaak wil be a he, he might not actually living in Harmonia anymore and the people who administer the temple of Hikusaak doesn't know where he is now and probably covering up his presence to hold the order of the kingdom, and he would probably look younger for his age. His appearance on the coming Suikoden Series would be unlikely fit on the plot - Maybe he will appeared to please the fan of the series... this is a specualtion so don't hurt me >_< XD

Oh yeah out of context - Does the two half gate rune ever calling to each other to unite? As a True Rune it should have some attittude?
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Hikusaak...a confusing, mysterious character. Hopefully they will clear up the history of Hikusaak and Harmonia (and off topic - the Queendom of Falena) in a future Suikoden game, maybe Suikoden V or VI, if there will be such a thing.
Pharnabaze

Re: Hikusaak

Post by Pharnabaze »

Wonder if they'll think about merging the Genso-suikoden and the Tierkreis series by "explaining" ("patching" would be more fitting) the Harmonian nation to the order of the One True King? "Harmony" echoes slightly with "order". Controlling the true runes reminds of the quest for the memories of the world, which prevent the descent of the one true king... It would certainly be a big disappointment, but this possibility seems to hang over our heads...