The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
UberPendragon

Re: The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Post by UberPendragon »

It says useable so Im going to assume you mean the most useful in battle, I know a lot of other people took it that way which is why Cleo was considered.

Suikoden 1: Ruby - Elven Sniper does great long range damage, and that's key for a caster for me being long range without needing a pixie rune, also extremely strong magic and a strong affinity for water magic made him my go to healer and personal fave.

Suikoden 2: Would be zamza if he got a friggin forehead slot, awesome mage with a strong physical attack and decent defense, short range weapon a minus but with the fire sealing rune can do great physical damage in regular battles (you can also add fire lizard rune to his weapon then) but without the third rune slot for a magic rune all this is null and void, you either take him as a fighter or as a mage... That being the case Tengaar - an excellent mage with a solid long range attack and a strong unite with Hix who is also usually a welcome addition to my party in place of the over used Flik.

Suikoden 3: Joker - A very solid mage with strong fire magic, and more or less a monk. When leveled up properly does between 6 and 8 attacks in melee combat and it helps he's a member of my favorite team. I usually buddy him up with Jacques and the two make a solid pair. Straight Mage there are stronger, Piccolo and certainly Estella or Sassarai, but Joker remains the best rounded.

Suikoden 4: Ted is the easy choice, strong long range attack, outstanding magic stats and the Soul Eater... Jeane being playable in this game makes her a fun choice too though :P

Suikoden 5: Zerase is generally a go to for me, long range, strong magic and a unique rune make her a strong choice. Levi is the classic Mage choice for the game and his magic is awesome, I just hate losing a rune spot to the friggin pixie...
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Chaco wrote:As for Maxine I actually didn't think she was that good, but if you say she is I'll give her a try next time I go through.
Maxine is stellar. I was so magic stat-obsessed with her that I had her MAG at like 96 when she was Level 50 (which is literally +3 per level up from when you recruited her at Level 6.) Give her a Cyclone Robe and Rune and she'd tear everyone to shreds. Roget's my second. Not as good as Maxine, but he's got the best SPD stat out of all the magicians, and he and Maxine have a really powerful coop attack so that's a plus
TheAgentZero wrote:I would say

Level 1 : Crowley, Mazus
Level 2 : Luc, Windy, Leknaat, Sasarai, Ted, Mc Dohl, Jowy
Level 3 : Pablo, Maxine, Zerase
lol no
FinalzFantasyz

Post by FinalzFantasyz »

The best magician/mage in all suikoden series?
Well, let see...

My choice is:
Suikoden 1: Cleo and Luc (I used both of them for the attack and healing possession)

Suikoden 2: Luc (At this time, He is still a powerful magician...I dunno why, I just get a long with him)

Suikoden 3: I think Viki is good (Her stats is different from the previous series, so I think She is the good choice to keep on, especially when I add the water/flowing rune in her slot)

Suikoden 4: Viki/Jeanne (Viki and Jeanne are still keeping their great magic possession, both of them can deal great damage magic possession)

Suikoden 5: This is my favorite one, Zerase (Why you ask? It's because she possessed the true star rune, one of the greatest magic rune damage dealer)

Magician are lack of defense, but high on magic defense, I think all of magic users are created for this purpose and it's normally for them, though it's rarely seen a magic user with high defense (without using equipment)
FinalzFantasyz

Post by FinalzFantasyz »

Ohh, and for the Suikoden Tactic: I choose Jeanne and Andarc...The reason is because the can deal great damage in magic...owhh yeahh!!!
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Luc is the strongest recruitable character. Zerase has no true rune, nor does Crowley, Mazus, Eresh, Viki, etc.

Crowley's claim to fame is being the only human to be on "Par" when a true rune bearer through pure skill but Luc has shown he is a cut above the average true rune bearer on more then one instance.

I will say that Luc and Sararai's power will in fact pale in comparison to Hikusaak's. After all they are just copies and Hikusaak is vain enough to want all the runes for himself. I doubt he would make copies that are equal to him in every way.
Sigfried

Post by Sigfried »

Luc is the most useful and most powerful magician for me, but since Sigfried is my favorite (fom Suikoden 2) I always use him and give him the Blue Gate and Thunder Rune.

I dunno why but even if he's a large type animal character and he occupies two slots I still keep on using him... He's my magician in Suikoden 2. ^^
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Mazus from S2,because he was not only the best mage in normal battles during the game,but he was the best general too,in major battles....his fire magic attack is something else..no surprise that he is one of the last recruits in the game.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

Overall best is Luc> Jeanne> Viki (elder). :D
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!