Teo and Tir are distant descendants of Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Heptade

Teo and Tir are distant descendants of Ted

Post by Heptade »

Just an idea that came to my mind.

It would explain why the Soul Eater Rune accepts Tir as its master so quickly, and why Ted remained in Gregmeister with the McDohl family while knowing Windy was so near. Ted could have been subconsciously drawn to them (and them to him) without even suspecting that they were related. Ted might not even have known he ever fathered children, or he might have consciously distanced himself from them, because he could not bear the thought of outliving them.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Teo and Tir are distant descendants of Ted

Post by wataru14 »

It's possible. There's no evidence, but it's as good a headcanon as any. As for him being drawn to them, I always thought that was just Fate.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Then with whom he had children? Because of his Rune then any woman who could get close to him, she would be killed in one way or another.
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

Probably some unnamed girl from about 300 years before the first game. He could have left her exactly for the reason you mentioned.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Heptade wrote:Just an idea that came to my mind.

It would explain why the Soul Eater Rune accepts Tir as its master so quickly, and why Ted remained in Gregminster with the McDohl family while knowing Windy was so near.
Ted didn't know the imperial court magician was the same witch who destroyed his village looking for the soul eater. He became suspicious after Tir described her to him, but Ted didn't know for sure it was her until Kanaan took him to meet Windy in person.