Rina and Eilie are mean.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
sticky-runes

Rina and Eilie are mean.

Post by sticky-runes »

They don't go berserk if Bolgan gets knocked out in combat. :cry:
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Rina and Eilie are mean.

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I'd pay to have Rina and Eilie being mean to me.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I guess Eilie couldn't care less about Bolgan...she has a crush on Riou after all.

About Rina...well i believe she doesn't find him attractive at all.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

He's supposed to be their "brother". Nanami loses her sh!t when Riou falls in combat, but if it happens to Bolgan, Eilie and Rina just carry on calmly thinking about boys. Bitches.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nah just travelling performers.....just teammates basically.

Do you think Eilie would rather save Riou or Bolgan if they were both in danger?
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I'd pay to have Rina and Eilie being mean to me.
It's true that they're both sleazeballs, but bring the 999999 potch and the bondage set from Suikoden 4 right, Bruce? :D
Sasarai10 wrote: Do you think Eilie would rather save Riou or Bolgan if they were both in danger?
Given that Eilie has the hots for him, definitely Riou.
A raw tomato for the win!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, and then Riou would shun Eilie for choosing her crush over her surrogate brother. something Nanami would never do.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Yeah, and then Riou would shun Eilie for choosing her crush over her surrogate brother. something Nanami would never do.
I suppose Camus was Nanami's crush in S2....but i wonder if she goes berserk once he goes unconscious.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't think Nanami was into Camus as much as Eilie was into Riou, she was just flattered by how Camus and Miklotov regarded her as a "lady" while everyone else has treated her as a tomboy or a child or a brat.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

They are not the only ones. I also found out:

- While Hix will defend Tengaar, she will not do the same for him. But it all balances out since she will go berserk for him, but he will not for her.
- Nanami will defend both Riou and Jowy, and go berserk for both of them. Jowy will defend Riou and Nanami, but not go berserk for either. Riou doesn't care enough to defend or go berserk for either of them.
- Humphrey will defend Futch, but not the other way around. Neither goes berserk for the other.

I'm trying to make a chart of who protects/berserks for whom and this is what I have so far. I know Nina will go berserk for Flik, but I don't remember if he does the same (I'm guessing no). Anyone else know any guardian/berserk combos?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:They are not the only ones. I also found out:

- While Hix will defend Tengaar, she will not do the same for him. But it all balances out since she will go berserk for him, but he will not for her.
- Nanami will defend both Riou and Jowy, and go berserk for both of them. Jowy will defend Riou and Nanami, but not go berserk for either. Riou doesn't care enough to defend or go berserk for either of them.
- Humphrey will defend Futch, but not the other way around. Neither goes berserk for the other.

I'm trying to make a chart of who protects/berserks for whom and this is what I have so far. I know Nina will go berserk for Flik, but I don't remember if he does the same (I'm guessing no). Anyone else know any guardian/berserk combos?
- Sounds like Tengaar is a traditional female who expects the guy to protect the girl and not the other way round.
- Weird. I didn't expect Riou to be this kind of guy.
- Well Humphrey was almost like a father to Futch. But he is a calm guy who doesn't lose his temper easily as it seems. Futch isn't strong enough to protect Humphrey i guess,so he doesn't.

Btw i just discovered today Miklotov will go berserk if Camus gets kncked down but not the other way round. It surprised me. :roll:

And Miklotov protecs everyone thanks to his Knight Armor,by the way. Camus not only won't go berserk but he won't even protect him. :|
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe it's set up so that the character with highest defence does all the protecting, as they often have more hp. I'm pretty sure that Eileen would protect both lepant and sheena in suikoden 1, though. And I believe sheena will protect any female character.

Riou can defend nanami during an important storyline event (or not, depending on the players actions) so maybe that's why he doesn't protect her in regular combat by default.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've been experimenting with this. I used Gameshark to reduce the HP of the person in the first party position to 1, then kept defending. Riou would never defend anyone. I also noticed that people will defend someone even if it kills them in the process. Jowy did that a few times.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I think Riou would never defend anyone because as the leader of the army it's up to the others to protect his life and not the other way around. They can't afford to lose the leader.

I see Tengaar and Hix's reaction as typical of their personality. Hix wants to prove he's a man so he protects her but he's too emotionally quiet to go berserk in any situation. Whereas Tengaar is an angry person in general and would easily go berserk, but she's wanting him to be strong enough to defend himself.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I think Riou would never defend anyone because as the leader of the army it's up to the others to protect his life and not the other way around. They can't afford to lose the leader.

But he defended Nanami when Gorudo's men attacked her...