Gin from S2 is Gen from S1?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
sticky-runes

Re: Gin from S2 is Gen from S1?

Post by sticky-runes »

Seriously, you don't go from crafting a fleet of boats out of water frozen by dragon ice, to shoeing little girls away from a sluice gate. Destiny has never been that cruel in the Suikoden world.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:Seriously, you don't go from crafting a fleet of boats out of water frozen by dragon ice, to shoeing little girls away from a sluice gate. Destiny has never been that cruel in the Suikoden world.
Well actually, at the end of every Suikoden game we are granted a short description of what became of the characters and many of them decide to settle down to something much more quiet, easy, and simple after the war is over. Which I always found to be quite realistic anyway. Remember one of the most appealing thing in Suikoden is that it doesn't glamourise war and keeps intact the trauma it induces, rather ran romanticizing it as a fleet of frozen boats, we can see it at "seeing people dying in front of blocks of ice we created for the purpose of killing others" and thus quite a relief to end up in a quiet town shoeing little girls away.

So yeah, if Gen is Gin, then it would be logical career path in the Suikoden world.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Once again - Gin said he was gonna hit Apple if she didn't step away from the sluice. do you think Gen would talk to her that way? i know Gen and Apple had no interaction in S1 and he had rough manners at the best of times, but all returning characters speak quite respectfully to Apple in S2. If he was gonna be mean to her i would expect him to say something like "you're that bratty student of Mathiu Silverberg, what trouble are you trying to cause now?"
And they show no signs of recognising each other. do you not think apple would say something like "Gen, is that you? Do you remember helping the Liberation army fight against the Scarlet Moon Empire? Well now we could use your help again..."

Apple is pretty intent on using every connection she can to fight against Luca Blight, and she often refers to her history with each character. she nagged Viktor for not keeping in touch, constantly brought up her past with Shu and Mathiu, put up with Sheena's advances in order to gain an alliance with Lepant, and was happy to see Valeria/Kasumi leading the Toran allies. She was willing to let Gin beat her up if it meant closing the sluice gate, but she showed no signs of recognising him.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Okay, that is actually an excellent, much better argument. I had forgotten about Gin and Apple meeting. Now I agree with you, he's definitely not Gen.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Good. Now then, let's pick up where we left off, Brucie....