Do Frederica (s4) and Odessa (s1) share some genes?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Hork

Do Frederica (s4) and Odessa (s1) share some genes?

Post by Hork »

I think whatever family Frederia is from and someone from the Silverburgs must have got together somewhere in Odessa's family tree.

Facts:

1) Almost every freaking character in S4 is an ancestor of someone from s1 (kind of to a stupid extreme even)
2) Both are red headed archers with a band on their forheads
3) Both are from Scarlet Moon Empire.
4) Frederica inexplicably shows up at the end of the game before you enter El Eel to tell you to get Cray...which I never understood. Was this to try and tell us she's important?

Either way, Frederica is so hot. I love her char art, especially her mugshot for Tactics. So sexy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Do Frederica (s4) and Odessa (s1) share some genes?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think Frederica might have some relation with Lorelai not Odessa...after all they share the same SoD.

And yes she is HOT. :wink:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Hork wrote:
Facts:

1) Almost every freaking character in S4 is an ancestor of someone from s1 (kind of to a stupid extreme even)
Um... are they? I think most of them were just homages to characters from the first game, none of them are actually confirmed as being related except, Elenor for being a member of the Silverberg family.

Rachel and Camille was an obvious one, it would be interesting if Camille was descended from a long line of red haired bounty hunters with a tendency to develop a soft spot for their most evasive target.

Etienne had the exact same face as Kasios, and both performed for flowery mansions.

Gary and Ema resembled Max and Sancho, and Gary wears the eagle medallion (not quite sure what the creators were doing there, though. Gary and Ema weren't exactly knightly, they were just some regular couple sticking their nose in people's business)

Paula looks a like a female Kirkis (not that Kirkis looked terribly manly in the first place)

Katarina has a similar look to Cleo

Kika has Valeria's face, hair colour and shoulder pads, but every suikoden game needs a falcon user, so I guess the designers thought, why not just have a sexy pirate version of Valeria?!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think Gary was actually Max's great-great-grandpa. I've read this somewhere.

Katarina reminded me a lot of Alenia from S5.

I've got a suspicion too that Izak and Kasim are related somehow.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Why Izak and Kasim? Kasim looks like he's from some sort of Arab country, don't see why he'd be descended from some redhead swordsman from Illuya.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Why Izak and Kasim? Kasim looks like he's from some sort of Arab country, don't see why he'd be descended from some redhead swordsman from Illuya.

I mean their style was quite similar. Badass old men... :P
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah I think the Gary/Max relation is confirmed. Perhaps Rachel/Camille too.