If Jowy and Jillia met 15 years later?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
ninjaluc79

Re: If Jowy and Jillia met 15 years later?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

The Rune of Beginning formed in the Bad Ending when Jowy gave Riou his Black Sword Rune before he died.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
SuikoLove

Post by SuikoLove »

Hello,

I think this is a very interesting topic to write about, and a good source of discussion as well. Like you say, there are a lot of different directions that you could go with this, and I guess a lot of it will depend on how you interpret the characters. Personally, I have a hard time seeing Jillia as being very open about any negative feelings she would have. She was someone who obviously dealt with a lot of pain in her life, but seemed to bottle it up for the most part. There was a sort of self-sacrifice about her as well, in that she was willing to essentially submit to Jowy and act as a willing pawn because he convinced her that he could stop the war. It's not really revealed until almost the very end that Jillia was at least partially motivated by love for Jowy, a revelation which I think even took Jowy by surprise. We never really get to see the development of that relationship play out, since we only see little snapshots of Jowy & Jillia's time together throughout the game, so that's certainly something you could interpret and expand on.

All that being said, Jillia would have plenty of reason to resent Jowy as well, and though she may not be as forthcoming about those feelings at first, you definitely have plenty of room to explore them and decide how Jillia would express them. I can see Pilika being more blunt and forthright than Jillia, and it's possible that Jillia could put up a brave front, but Jowy would become more aware of her feelings through Pilika.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

ninjaluc79 wrote:The Rune of Beginning formed in the Bad Ending when Jowy gave Riou his Black Sword Rune before he died.
That's right, may be i don't know any source pointing out the best ending is the canon one but I think logically the bad ending makes more sense, or else why would Jowy be so determined to drive Jilia and pilika away to harmonia, he must be 100% prepared to die then let's suppose the best ending happens then why didn't he just catch up and call them back to live together in Kyaro with nami and riou. Jowy isn't that irresponsible type for sure.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Because doing so means that he has to cast out his identity as Jowy Blight, King of Highland. You just don't call your friends to live together while you're still their enemy, do you? Of course, Riou and Nami should have understood by then that Jowy "betrayed" them in order to destroy Highland from the inside.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.