Most likely TRUE final boss?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
ChaosMind

Most likely TRUE final boss?

Post by ChaosMind »

While I know it may never come to be,who do you think will be the Suikoden series's truly final battle...(Also add how it might play out!)

1:Hikusaak - He obviously has some grand scheme that covers nearly every suikoden except maybe 5.

2:Yuber - This guy definitely has some potential,but he would need a more solid goal then just to 'cause chaos'.

3:Zerase - She has a really sinister aura,and seems to head butt with Leknaat,making it possible...but why?

4:Leknaat - I know WTF? But seriously,it could happen if her views and the heroes happened to differ at some point...

5:Someone else ? (Please explain!)

Forgive me if this is the wrong section.
Silverberg

Re: Most likely TRUE final boss?

Post by Silverberg »

I'll go ahead and say an incarnation of the Circle Rune in Hikusaak's possession. Maybe too obvious but then the series has been heading in that direction for 5 games now. If it ends up being another monster tree, I'm going to be disappointed.

Or, something fantastically insane happens like all the True Runes are ripped from their hosts, and merge together into the True Rune of F**k All culminating in the ultimate battle for the preservation of the world and all creation!

Yuber couldn't be a final boss. He's more of an ultra powerful henchman. Zerase doesn't really strike me as the type to do a 180 and try to destroy everything. Although I suppose I didn't see Luc becoming an enemy either. Leknaat? noooooo way. It just doesn't seem possible. She's always been on the side of good. Although I suppose she could be encouraging all the heros to bare runes and guide them eventually to one central meeting place in order to get them all at once.

I'm sticking with either Hikusaak with a Circle Rune incarnation monster or all the true runes merging into one powerful psycho-beast
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Hikusaak and/or Circle Rune incarnation seems the most likely to me.

ALTHOUGH

Leknaat, the Executor of Balance. What would happen if she turned on the Tenkais or went mad or something? An unbalanced executor of balance sounds like a pretty eipc bad guy, and someone may have to take her place? Also, what if Windy came back and booted Leknaat from her seat? Maybe the boss battle could be Windy, and the Tenkai would have to restore the balance of the world.

Just thinking 'out loud'.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Murayama said the battle between Pesmerga and Yuber can come to an end only in the final Suikoden, so one or the other can possibly be a final entity. Either that or it's Guillaume because he's way to creepy beyond what mankind can comprehend.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah I remember something about Pesmerga and Yuber, but I'm not convinced either of them could be a final boss... Unless they like, fused together to make something massive, a la Zorn/Thorn from Final Fantasy 9.

But that's irrelevant because Vex has totally figured it out. It's Guillaume.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Pesmerga - Yuber battle would likely be a duel before the last final battle between the hero (our avatar in the game) and the final battle boss. Pesmerga for our side and Yuber for the other.

And I choose Viki fo the last final boss battle. ;)
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Pretty sure the Yuber and Pesmerga showdown (although it's sooo overhyped) would be one of those Clive and Elza events from S2. Beat the game in (n) hours and see what happens. I mean, someone please tell me why people seem to be so obsessed with Yuber and Pesmerga? We haven't seen Pesmerga since S2 and he's never been a character with any kind of development. At least with George Prime they made a main character in S5. And Pesmerga doesn't look like he'd be some kind of agent of Order. I think it's more like, when they were kids, Yuber stole Pesmerga's girlfriend from him and now he wants to settle the score. I'd much rather see a larger battle with Yuber featuring a full party like in S3, with more on the line than just some hunter / prey plot.

Viki huh? Well Viki as we know her couldn't possibly be a bad guy. But then Faize from Star Ocean didn't really seem like a bad guy. Thought they went the wrong direction with that. Now I could picture Little Viki being some kind of antagonist. She did kind of have that S2 Luc tone whenever you talked to her in S3.

Why not Sierra? Maybe she was evil before she lost her Moon Rune there and now that's she's got it back, she'll go on a Neclordesque killing spree. Or if we're just spouting off random characters that could be bosses, why not Crowley or Mazus? Pretty bad ass even without true runes. Could Sasarai succumb to the same crazies that did in his "brother"? Why not Kent?? He's still got Black's scale!! Caesar Silverberg??? After being treated like a child by his brother and never getting any from Apple, he decided to team up with Granpa Leon and combine their strategies against the world!! Luca Blight's pinky?? More power than all of you combined!!

OMG coffee high!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: Kent would make the ultimate final boss. What about if the final boss was someone like Tir or Lazlo, their runes drive them insane and after beating one of them the Rincer of either the souleater of the rune of punishment is released and you have to kill that. Maybe Hikusaak will turn out to be a really cool dude afterall who was just a prisoner of harmonia but probably not.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Well, it's interesting you suggest Tir. I mean, he's a nice kid and stuff and he helped you out in S2 as well. But throughout S1 he saw friends and family die. That had to affect him. And then in S2, even though he was doing good things to help out Riou, every one in a while he'd be shown experiencing pain or fatigue with having the Soul Eater. PERHAPS, the soul eater is slowly eating away at Tir. Eventually his soul will be taken and the rune itself will take over Tir's body and do unspeakable things. And then once you beat the Soul Eater host, Odessa, Teo, Ted, Ted's granpa(whoopie), and Tir will come back to life and they'll all do the hampster dance.

Lazlo is also a good possibility. Let's look at the facts. He gets accused of murder by his best friend, bottles it in. Is exiled from Razril, bottles it in. Sees lots of dead people after using his rune, bottles it in. Uses the Rune of Punishment one last time and ends up abandoned in an oar-less row boat in the middle of the ocean, DOESN'T bottle it in. If you take Tactics out of the picture, you can almost see Lazlo losing his mind in the boat shouting "HEY, A**HOLES!!" as he's waving to them. Gets on board the ship, and starts killing everyone in a explosive fit of his bottled up unparalleled rage. He bashes Snows head against the railing until the deck flowed red with his blood and then takes off, building up his power and anger until Suikoden VIII: The Final Chapter.

I don't want to think about Freyjadour being a bad guy. If I had a dog, I would name it Freyjadour. Though I think I did mention an idea that because of some big disaster, he needed to adorn himself with the Sun Rune which could cause him to flip out like his mother did. I think he'd have to if you want to see him at the same age as he was in the game. I don't know if the Dawn and Twilight Runes grant immortality. And even if they did, didn't Freyjadour (I just like saying the name) and Lyon return the runes to their respective shrines?

Riou and Jowy? They could possibly get really upset after Nanami dies of old age or something. Maybe they'd fight again but this time be a little more epic about it. Hmmmm . . .if there's a Rune of Beginning, is there a Rune of Ending?

Anyway, I don't think they'd make the final bad guy someone we were supposed to like. We were supposed to like all the main protagonists. I think we were meant to find Luc to be kind of a jerk when S2 came around. Could he have looked any more annoyed with you in his profile picture? So if you really want to figure out who it could be, look at all the games and find all the ones that were kind of jerks or looked like they might have some kind of ultimatum that didn't involve your army. Maybe it will be Chamberlain Jess. What a dweeb!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: Yeah Jess what an ass! Salome came across as a bit of a doufas especially in the manga of III i dont know if its his bowl haircut or lack of eyebrows but theres something about that guy that i dont trust. But he pales in comparison to Roland what an absoloute douche i cant believe i had to recruit that stuck up joker he makes kwanda and milich look like demi-gods at least they had an excuse with the black runes controlling them n'all. Jeane might make a nice bad guy i wonder what her real form looks like?
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

I'd like to think that Jeane is benevolent. She never seems hostile. Maybe her real form is some kind of pink poofy dragon. Or more likely, just a big energy being that is trapped in the Suikoden world. Or should could be made up of a boob monster.

I hated Salome because he reminded me of my brother and his ugly bowl haircut! Plus he wasn't available to use a lot unlike the other knights. Roland I agree was also an ass. Go back to the village of the elves or something and be creative.

You know who it's going to be though? It's going to be that weird wizard you need Jeane in order to recruit in S5. I can't think of her name. I don't think she was a character you were necessarily supposed to like a lot. And the mystery around her gave me the creeps. Like, at least with Jeane, you know she's been around for a few games so she's okay. But this one kind of gave me a bad vibe.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Lol you mean Eresh yeah she was quite strange she seemed really old but in a kids body and wheres her mouth at? you cant trust someone whos face you cant completly see.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

Exactly. Never trust someone if you can't see their whole face. Her eyes were big true, but so were Luc's.

You know who I'd love to see more of but probably never will? Kika. Probably the coolest female character in the entire series.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Hm, after what happened to Luc I wouldn't count out the possibility of Sasarai, or any of the other True Rune bearers for that matter, to one day end up in the same position where they end up trying to destroy the world for the sake of saving it from an even worse future.

And while I can understand why people would think Yuber and Pesmerga are overhyped, still, the final battle shouldn't be decided by which villain has the most "Hype" to them. If the story is told well when it finally comes I'll be cheering for Pesmerga all the way. :D

Lets see what else, a gigantic allmighty Bonaparte? Come on, you know it would be epic (and silly).

Oh, and maybe Krin and Ledon from SI, as well as Rowd from SII. Not because I really want to see them as villains again, mostly just because it would please me to a large extent to see those guys get theirs, MUAHAHAHA!!!
Last edited by DoReMi_Vampire on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

hmmm . . maybe the trick to think of the least likely person to go nuts.

Tuta, Ernie, Flail? Hmmm . . . maybe if not Flail, than the baby dragon horse she and Lance spawned.

I wonder if all dragon horses look like dairy cows when they're young?

Also, Lulu from V wouuld be pretty unlikely to be a villain.