Most likely TRUE final boss?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Most likely TRUE final boss?

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Silverberg wrote:hmmm . . maybe the trick to think of the least likely person to go nuts.
In that case I know exactly who it has to be.

Qlon! We shall all bow down to his superior might as he states the name of the city we're located in! Oh the Horror! :lol:
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

OMG! That made me think of Decoy Octopus for the original Metal Gear Solid for PS1. If you have a Konami game saved to the same memory card that was out around the same time, Decoy Octopus will mention it. I remember in the torture scene he goes, "I can read your mind. Don't believe me? Well . . . I see you like Suikoden!"

Freaked me the F**K OUT!
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I think the idea of Leknaat turning on the tenkais is an interesting and provoking boss battle,but ultimately I think it will end with Hikusaak and an incarnation of the Circle Rune.
Though I think it would be epic if Hikusaak manipulated Leknaat into turning on the tenkais as a way of revenge on her for stealing Luc and his true wind rune.

Though you know what wouldn't surprise me at all? Sasarai. Even as some kind of boss battle near the end.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I can see Leknaat dying in the final Suikoden maybe Windy would finally hunt her down and steal her half of the gate rune leaving the Suikoworld without its executor of balance. Or yeah she would make an awesome final boss, either way they have to do something epic with her.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
dragons_descent4

then again if they did end up killing her(as a boss fight)or she was killed by some other opposing force,who would become the next executor of balance in her place?
- Viktor and Flik

gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Zerase or some other protégé maybe? Or there could be no executor of balance leaving the suikoworld to its own devices or all the True Runes get possessed by all the 'good guys' and they govern the planet together in peace forever or some fourth other equally bad idea...Maybe Leknaat is pulling all the strings on either side to fulfil her own agenda much like Karla from Record of the Lodoss war?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
dragons_descent4

I wonder what Hellion is up to? In the event that something happens,it's not like she hasn't taken Leknaat's place in a field before. Kidding of course,but regardless,a storyline with Leknaat would be awesome.
- Viktor and Flik

DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Considering how she has to balance the powers of Order and Chaos it wouldn't be impossible for her to side with the villains in case things started going too well for the world's good guys.
Much like the real world where, ironically, people fight eternal wars for the sake of eternal peace.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Yeah, Leknaat always struck me as interested in balance first and foremost. What happens when there is too much order? will she provoke chaos to balance it?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, if we look at the two sides as if they were magnets. One being Positive the other Negative, the world would most likely not function properly if there would just be Positive or Negative, hence balance is needed.

Since she's the keeper of that, it's easy to speculate that she'd do what she can do keep the balance in check.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

yeah i don't like the idea that leknaat would "turn" on the stars, but rather would ask the stars to do something extreme that they're unwilling to do in order to keep balance. maybe x villain becomes too powerful so leknaat decides that a true rune bearer must destroy y which causes unbearable side effect z.
i don't know if this would cause a final encounter with leknaat or even a battle at all, but s3 does sort of paint her as a less objective character than previously suspected so who knows.
i think it's a little peculiar that most true rune bearers end up isolating themselves. you would think that they would serve some greater purpose. a final suikoden would need some sort of "what next" scenario for rune bearers. i think once you solve the question of what the ultimate goal is in the suikoden world then you can start to figure out who or what would be the final boss.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I see the final enemy as something much more abstract. I think that Suikoden III's ending gave us the best foreshadowing of what this can be.

Suikoden has always been about the battle between Order and Chaos, something that Leknaat acts as a third party to by ensuring Balance between the two. This concept shackles humanity, making people slaves to destiny and unable to choose their own fates. Luc, despite the error of his ways, sought to free humanity from these shackles. It is necessary for this Balance to be destroyed, something that Leknaat might stand in the way of. Though, that's questionable considering how little she did to convince Luc otherwise. It could just be that she didn't believe him to be a big enough threat.

In doing so, however, the Stars of Destiny would cease to exist.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I've always thought that Hikusaak collecting Runes is what would throw off the balance and that he would have to be stopped. I can easily see him and the incarnation of the Circle Rune being the final fight. Tying it to the Order vs Chaos thing, if the Circle represents Order, then Yuber joining your crew to fight that would cover the needed Chaos bit.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
dragons_descent4

EstrangedIX wrote:Tying it to the Order vs Chaos thing, if the Circle represents Order, then Yuber joining your crew to fight that would cover the needed Chaos bit.
Imagine how recruiting him would be! That would probably be its own side quest with some kind of duel or boss fight at the end. That has potential to be pretty intense.
- Viktor and Flik

EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I'd buy a new game system just for the opportunity to do that lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE