Most likely TRUE final boss?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
dragons_descent4

Re: Most likely TRUE final boss?

Post by dragons_descent4 »

Right?! So would I,and with Yuber maybe they could even throw in Pesmerga as well.
Rolling off that idea,if Pesmerga appeared in the game(assuming it included recruiting Yuber)would you prefer having him on your side or on the opposing side?
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I say same side. Getting them to reconcile their differences or have them duel could be part of the recruitment. Also, they would probably have a badass unite attack lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah! And then when you finally recruit Yuber he's super weak and can't summon anything or teleport! (I'm being a brat.)

Fortunately, Pesmerga and Yuber are different stars, so it could happen.

I'm not betting on it, though--Yuber seems to be one of the few "truly and uncompromisingly evil" characters.

At the same time, I remember Yuber saying something like "Will I ever be freed from my pain?" in Suikoden III after Geddoe defeats him. They could twist that into something, I guess.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I see him as a mercenary, just with a tendency to work for people who need someone that doesn't have any hangups about doing dirty work. I don't think he's necessarily evil, just that he gets hired to do evil things and doesn't care.

To add to the pain thing, he made comments to Riou about hating Runes, or at least his own.

I think it would be more than awesome to recruit him for his badassery to fight whatever final boss, especially Hikusaak.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

If i'm not wrong, Yuber's duty is to bring chaos everywhere just to act as counterbalance. Since Hikusaak can be seen as tyrant (the evil side of the order/the law), Yuber could potentially be a powerful ally if Hikusaak brings too much order.

If Tierkreis were in original world, Yuber would have his place as teammate to kick the One King ass for sure.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Agreed.
Luc's chapter was a tease. I want the real thing lol
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Nobody ever found Wendy after she fell. Konami even changed her listing as "Missing". If she took the Conquerer rune from the emperor's corpse she could fit the bill. Yuber is the definitely most evil character but he fits into the "Joker" category of being more interested in death and chaos then some larger overall endgame as befits a "Final Boss". Leknaat is a possibility because she represents "Fate" and we know some heroes are not exactly fond of the concept. Luc for example had he been the main character of Suikoden III would have been working directly against her. Zaj Quilos's status is also in limbo and Nash is a canidate for his own game and might have to face him again. Also the Sindar might be the main antagonists down the road. It would be a nice way to finally flesh out these enigmas.

My actual pick for final boss of the series would have to be Hikusaak. He fanatically wants to control all the true runes, heads the strongest nation and definitely lost too many assets during Suikoden III to stay idle for long.
dragons_descent4

EstrangedIX wrote:I say same side. Getting them to reconcile their differences or have them duel could be part of the recruitment. Also, they would probably have a badass unite attack lol
a little late on this but yeah! a unite attack for the two of them would be fantastic! I feel like that would be an instant kill move.
- Viktor and Flik

EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

It would have to be like III's condemnation, but with the not shaking handedness of Ted & Aldo's in IV. That would be my expectations anyway. I can see Yuber slicing & dicing, then Pes coming in to decapitate. When it's over they give each other the cold shoulder. Yuber's speed would hopefully be enough to cut off that anchor Pes always seems to be dragging behind him in order to get them to attack faster. I would definitely love to see this against Hikusaak/Circle rincar.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Crowley! He finally achieves power greater then a true rune and rules the world. Genius!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah,i'd like to see Yuber as an ally...if your main army is after chaos and death,then he would definetely be your ally,but you should have a Silverberg as a tactitian,in order to summon him.

Personaly i think the true final boss could be Jeane (with Zerase as an ally probably). She's appeared as a rune mistress in all Suikoden series....but she's a complete mistery. Genoh in S5 thought that she is a very old person,but he felt mistaken because she looked so young. But the fact that she doesn't have a True Rune,makes things more confused...so it would definetely be the last suikoden,when Jeane reveals her true nature.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Well Jeane does apparently have a "true form" that no human can see as mentioned in Suikoden III. All these characters shrouded in mystery will probably come to play a massive part in the series finale; if there is to ever be one!
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, I wouldn't want it to be like the Mass Effect 3 ending everyone's been nagging about. I don't think the end of the Suikoden series can live up to our expectations, so the only "end" we'll get, I think, is the unfinished story that ended with the third installment.

Granted, we could have some serious luck and that Konami all of a sudden cares about Suikoden and invests billions into storytelling and all that, but I just don't see that happening right now.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I personally never want to see and "end" to the Suikoden world or a "final boss" to the saga. The thing that I love about the series is the continuity of it. It can't thrive as a living, continuous world if there's ultimately a foreseeable end to it.
PSN: FreshMetal80
dragons_descent4

freshmetal wrote:I personally never want to see and "end" to the Suikoden world or a "final boss" to the saga. The thing that I love about the series is the continuity of it. It can't thrive as a living, continuous world if there's ultimately a foreseeable end to it.
I'd rather have something,some kind of closure or something,then where we are now to be honest.
If Tierkreis were in original world, Yuber would have his place as teammate to kick the One King ass for sure.
THAT would be a fantastic fight to see,that was one thing about Tierkreis that disappointed me when I first played through it. We've heard about the million worlds and I really thought they would have at least one character from the original world lurking around somewhere. It would have been great if Yuber were there.
- Viktor and Flik