What if Luca Blight had a girlfriend...?

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

Luca is one blood thirsty man, i think he doesnt even care about having a son or a succesor or a girlfriend. he would have just kill kill kil kill n kill til his heart stop beating
...the only way to remove a warrior's bloodlust is to give his own blood in the battlefield....
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

But there is a chance that he didn't rape other women to exact revenge. I don't think he can, if there was a situation as so. Because it happened to his mother. If his mother appeared and told him to stop doing what he did, he might do as she say. All this started when she was raped during their capture.
He was vengeful and aggressive. But if his mother was still alive after Jillia's birth, Luca could be quelled, exacting his vengeance somewhere. I doubt that he would still kill Agares if his mother was still alive.
Remember, the rape resulted in his sister, Jillia, who was kept alive because she looked exactly like their mother. Why would he if she would only constantly remind him of the incident? And if the incident only refreshes in his mind, why the hell would he rape other women? He seems to only seek pleasure in killing all the City-State pigs as an act of revenge. I only agreed to the fact that he could do such things because it was plausible. We really can't know because this is all up to speculation. Yes, he is the sublime face of evil but don't forget how it started. He was traumatized which ended up the wrong channel of hate and vengeance.

Edit: And I have to agree with silverwolf, I don't think he really cared for the Blight family or whether he had a successor. He just wanted to kill all Jowston pigs to funnel his hatred for them.
Last edited by kuroinekokun on Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
The Deldragon

Post by The Deldragon »

OK I'm a wannabe Novelist so heres what im gonna do. Im going to write a story roughly based on events.

I.e. Luca rapes woman, woman has a girl, but hides it. Luca Kills woman,but cant find girl. Girl becomes orpha, finds out from relative that she is Luca's child. She grows up hating Luca for killing her mother, and she become a hero of destiny. She recruits 108 stars, and defeats Luca. (Don't ask me how, but it can be an alternate reality, of what really happens.)
"I will unite the Dragon Clans" - Lord Deldragon -
Add Me - arun_252@hotmail.com
jonathan_priest

Re: Perhaps...

Post by jonathan_priest »

kuroinekokun wrote:Maybe I should stop thinking of this logically. For some reason, I cannot see Luca raping women because it happened to his mother. I get your point and I guess I have to agree that Luca is also capable of such acts, even if it is to extract revenge and aggression.
But would you agree that even with what he does, he can be loved?
Agreed kuroinekokun. I don't believe Luca could ever love, but if by chance he were to be loved by another, I think that woman would be one messed up girl. I mean, I know love can blind a person to a lot of their faults, but Luca is a Sociopath. That's a pretty big fault to overlook.

Though, it would have been nice if Luca had an heir or something. Someone to carry on the family tradation. Though maybe I just want to fight another Luca-esque style character in Suikoden again, because I think that was one of the best fights in the series.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Jarise

Post by Jarise »

Really bizarre topic. Just my two bobs worth.

Besides the evil squint in his eyes, Luca is not really that bad looking & he's got power, prestige and money. And he is very much a typical 'bad boy' (though pretty extreme). I don't think that it'll be all that hard for someone to love him because a lot of people are attracted to these types - whether guy falling for girl or girl for guy etc. They want to transform these people - it's not just pity but rather a sense of rescuing them - giving unconditional love etc. So all the evil things he does would be ok!

The problem would be whether Luca would love back as many have stated. I don't think that would be too difficult either. If whoever this girl is, is supportive of him and REALLY understanding - think Sarah in SIII (Luc's issues are pretty extreme too), it can happen. Whether he would be a better person - I dunno as I don't think the girl would really be able to change him, however hard she tries - unless she has extensive training in psychotheraphy!! :D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

You people are hopless.....

luca will never change, he would rape and then kill if he needed a son

and wouldnt give A crap about his mother

hes CHANGED hes not the same person he ounce was

see my previous post about how mad and insane he is and once again that is the truth not my oppinion

well the whole thing I made up to show what luca would to to the girl is my oppinion but all that stuff before it is truth
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

son_michael, you forgot that a person's state of mind is more important than just how he acts. All I can say that this is basically theory but you have to put it in context as possibilities before driving the nail to your answer.
Luca's state of mind about rape, since he witnessed it happen to his mother, is probably the only reason he wouldn't rape another woman. That event traumatized him to the state he was in the game. He wanted to punish them yes but to the extent of rape? I doubt that because it was the event that made him a sociopath in the first place.
But the mind is most unstable and unpredictable so that leaves a probability that he would do such a thing.
As for him having an heir, the game pretty much left me that he had no interest in the Blight family. It'll be cute to find out that Luca had a baby boy but I doubt he had that in mind.
And I'm not saying that Luca would go all lovey-dovey or something, I was asking if there was (and probably have) a woman who loved him. It depends on why. I could see a woman loving him unconditionally, putting all faults aside, because she believed that someone should be loved. And she picked Luca. That's one possible scenario.
son_michael wrote: well the whole thing I made up to show what luca would to to the girl is my oppinion but all that stuff before it is truth
How can it be truth when there is so many ifs in your post? It's speculation, so what we think can be countered because there is no real truth to it.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Luca may be mad, but he's far from insane. He methodically planned out the massacre of a country for revenge. He may be a serial killer or slightly Hitler-esque, but he is definitely not crazy. And I believe that Luca would have a rather strange relationship with a woman. Like I mentioned before, the woman would have to be strong, be able to endure his various range of emotions and truly love him. Luca would not know how to properly react to a woman. He would most likely see his mother in any woman he loved and push her away and that's why the woman would have to be strong and be determined to stay with him.
Luca_Blight_Luvr

my opinion

Post by Luca_Blight_Luvr »

:D Personally, i find luca very attractive (hence, my username) but, after he witnessed the rape of his mother, maybe he lost interest in women (i'm not saying he's gay) but it's posible[/img]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

How can it be truth when there is so many ifs in your post? It's speculation, so what we think can be countered because there is no real truth to it.[/quote]

Its truth because the game makes him out to be A mad man

again I say.. luca said he was the face of sublime evil... he was nuts and quite frankly im starting to think you all are 2...if you think that man was sane then I wouldnt want to know you in real life :shock:

what is your deffinition of A mad man? what is your definition of evil? what has luca blight done to make anybody care about him? because his mother was raped? do you ever hear him mention in the entire game that his mother was raped? I dont recall ever hearing anything about it, all he ever did was kill and laugh and say he was the face of evil and he would rule with power.

great guy that luca..I bet he was killing hundreds of people because he had A little woman he was protecting in the contryside ..along with A big picture of his momma near his throne, and shouting at the top of his lungs that hes the sublime face of evil.... what A guy! such A poor man !{sarcasim in case you didnt klnow}

please people...luca is garbage, if he was A good boy then after seeing his momma get raped he went nuts and went evil

what does the game have to do to make you think that? dammm....

In fact star wars episode 3 is the perfect example

anakin turned to the darkside to protect padme= he end up killing her
luca went evil to punish people that raped his mother= he ends being like the people who raped his mother

get it ?!!!!!!!!

damm people wake up and smell the sublime evil!
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Yes I really can't see why people can't understand that Luca is obsolete evil.

People some women might have loved him, but Luca is EVIL he only hates you don't seem to understand the power of that emotion he only wished to slay the pigs and rule with power and blood.

He couldn't fall in love.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

anakin turned to the darkside to protect padme= he end up killing her
luca went evil to punish people that raped his mother= he ends being like the people who raped his mother
not exactly true wat........Luca is like sort of tranmatised by the experience when he witness his mother being raped "live" therefore its not strange that he wanted to kill all the city states pple when he grow up.
He did not act like the people who raped his mother simply becoz

1-He only killed them but did not rape the women or do stupid things like
kidnapping cuz he dont need to anyway.......

2-He hated the pple who hurt him n therefore he had the mindset that all citystate pple r like that so even if he was coldblooded n bloodthirsty it was only out 4 revenge....even if he invaded other countries after dunan it will also be becoz he had become merciless since young due to that incident n therefoe by then as an adult his coldbloooded personality has already set root in his heart so he was not evil by nature i believe in the first place.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

what do you think about chris x luca? hehehe something i imagined after seeing the title of this thread xD
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I think Luca is way worse then Sephiroth..
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:I think Luca is way worse then Sephiroth..
Luca is evil..pure evil.Sephiroth is confused because of him being a Cetra and all...

Though Sephiroths Masamune ruleez.