Leknaat's Tower

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Black Silver

Re: Leknaat's Tower

Post by Black Silver »

No I heard about that this one is the Tower from Toran which we see´n in the first game. Only the Graphics is better then in SuikodenI.

I´ve never heard about from Konami (official!) that this Tower is another one!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

don´t punish me. My English is not the best! I hope You will understand!
Addepadde

Post by Addepadde »

Well. Leknaat was hiding at the tower in S1. After Windy had tried to kill her. Windy was stronger, so Leknaat insolateded herself and built up a defense on the isle. Later Windy is destroyed. Why would leknaat stay in that tower when its only function was to protect her from Windy?
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Addepadde wrote:Well. Leknaat was hiding at the tower in S1. After Windy had tried to kill her. Windy was stronger, so Leknaat insolateded herself and built up a defense on the isle. Later Windy is destroyed. Why would leknaat stay in that tower when its only function was to protect her from Windy?
Windy is Missing in Action with Barbarossa, as Konami has officially stated this. She wasn't "destroyed"
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Due Fiumi's site says that Leknaat vacated the Magician's Isle and that Hellion moved in. http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.ph ... n%27s_Isle I personally thought that it was the same tower.

3 possible explanations

1. Leknaat did move out and Hellion moved in. Leknaat then proceeds to find someplace else to build a new tower because she liked her old one so much and just decorated it exactly the same way, with the same blue lights (thus the invention of K-Mart).

2. The game writers wrote the ending for Suiko 1 in regards to Hellion and Leknaat, without thinking about future games. They then decided to overwrite their previous idea, and put Leknaat back on Magician's Isle for Suiko 3
----------------------
While she might have left the Tower after Suikoden, the picture seems to depict Leknaat welcoming Luc and Sarah as kids, so that would have taken place before Suikoden.
Actually, it wouldn't have taken place before Suikoden. Sarah's birth, the end of the Gate Rune War, and Leknaat's retirement all take place the same year: 457. http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php?title=457
----------------------
3. Leknaat did indeed vacate her tower. Hellion took over. Luc rescues Sarah. Then Luc, Leknaat, and Sarah move back into the tower on Magician's Isle. I've been trying to figure out lately just when the picture would have taken place. I assume that it would've taken place after the Dunan Unification war, but Due Fiumi doesn't have Luc's rescue mission on the timeline. If anyone knows from sources outside of the games (which is all I have for source material) I would love to know. (My wife, who doesn't play the games at all, saw the picture and thought she looked to be about 5. That would be 462, two years after the Dunan Unification war.)
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Iesous wrote:Due Fiumi's site says that Leknaat vacated the Magician's Isle and that Hellion moved in. http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.ph ... n%27s_Isle I personally thought that it was the same tower.

3 possible explanations

1. Leknaat did move out and Hellion moved in. Leknaat then proceeds to find someplace else to build a new tower because she liked her old one so much and just decorated it exactly the same way, with the same blue lights (thus the invention of K-Mart).

2. The game writers wrote the ending for Suiko 1 in regards to Hellion and Leknaat, without thinking about future games. They then decided to overwrite their previous idea, and put Leknaat back on Magician's Isle for Suiko 3
----------------------
While she might have left the Tower after Suikoden, the picture seems to depict Leknaat welcoming Luc and Sarah as kids, so that would have taken place before Suikoden.
Actually, it wouldn't have taken place before Suikoden. Sarah's birth, the end of the Gate Rune War, and Leknaat's retirement all take place the same year: 457. http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php?title=457
----------------------
3. Leknaat did indeed vacate her tower. Hellion took over. Luc rescues Sarah. Then Luc, Leknaat, and Sarah move back into the tower on Magician's Isle. I've been trying to figure out lately just when the picture would have taken place. I assume that it would've taken place after the Dunan Unification war, but Due Fiumi doesn't have Luc's rescue mission on the timeline. If anyone knows from sources outside of the games (which is all I have for source material) I would love to know. (My wife, who doesn't play the games at all, saw the picture and thought she looked to be about 5. That would be 462, two years after the Dunan Unification war.)
Explanation 2 sounds the best to me.
PSN: FreshMetal80
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

umm question here..
do u know where exactly this Magician's Isle?
on the north,east,west or south of suikoden maps?
is it undetectable?
Chaos will suit me just fine
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Im pretty sure it is the same tower on Magicians Isle.

It was at this point when a curious Luc came to find out about this so-called "witch". Even with the wards of the Circle Palace, Luc was able to get through using the training he had received from Leknaat. Meeting the young girl and taking pity upon her, he freed her by taking her to Leknaat's Palace. It was there were she learned the powers of sorcery and summoning from Leknaat and Luc, and it is there where she started to develop feelings for Luc. -Gensopedia

I remember reading somewhere where it distincly says Luc took her to Magicians Isle.
Which also is strange because technically, shouldnt Sarah be with them on Magicians Isle at the time of The Gate Rune War?
If they were thinking ahead, maybe they would have had her running around really young.
MAD 01-08-2004
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

yuberluc wrote:umm question here..
do u know where exactly this Magician's Isle?
on the north,east,west or south of suikoden maps?
is it undetectable?

The Island Northeast of Gregminster.
MAD 01-08-2004
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Matthew McDohl wrote:I remember reading somewhere where it distincly says Luc took her to Magicians Isle.
Which also is strange because technically, shouldnt Sarah be with them on Magicians Isle at the time of The Gate Rune War?
If they were thinking ahead, maybe they would have had her running around really young.
Sarah was born the same year the war ended. Since Tir goes to the island 2 years prior to the end of the war, there is absolutely no way you would see Sarah. It's probable that she wasn't even taken to the island until after the Dunan Unification War.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

@Matthew McDohl : Most Oblige my friend,but why i didn't see in the first place when i looked it?maybe leknaat put a spell on me :lol:
Chaos will suit me just fine
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Iesous wrote:
Matthew McDohl wrote:I remember reading somewhere where it distincly says Luc took her to Magicians Isle.
Sarah was born the same year the war ended. Since Tir goes to the island 2 years prior to the end of the war, there is absolutely no way you would see Sarah. It's probable that she wasn't even taken to the island until after the Dunan Unification War.

Youre right, I got the timeline mixed up in my head.
MAD 01-08-2004
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

yuberluc wrote:@Matthew McDohl : Most Oblige my friend,but why i didn't see in the first place when i looked it?maybe leknaat put a spell on me :lol:

She just didnt want you knowing where she lived... :lol:
MAD 01-08-2004
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

How can we be sure how accurate that site really is. Nothing in the ending of Suikoden or the other games indicates Hellion moved in to the tower. All it says is "Succeeds Leknaat as Seer." Leknaat's job was to look in to the stars and use her knowledge of astrology to predict the future. There would be no real need for Hellion to even need to move in to the palace.

Here are my reasons for why Leknaat would stay.

1. The palace already had magical defenses up to help to protect her from her sister Windy who is currently MIA.

2. By the time of the beginning of Suikoden, Windy likely already knows where Leknaat is located. But she is unable to act against her do to the palaces, magical defenses and Leknaat's half of the gate rune. It would have also not been smart for her to launch an unprovoked attack on Leknaat using the army because Leknaat was a "loyal" member of the scarlet moon empire. The reason she was after the Soul Eater herself was because she needed the extra power to try to overpower Leknaat.

3. If Windy is indeed still alive, she likely no longer has no one to help her to go after her sister. Neclord is dead and can no longer aid her. Yuber likely wouldn't help her unless he saw a way it could benefit him. From what we have seen of him, when the going gets really tough and the people he was working for were pretty much screwed, he said to hell with them all and left. So Leknaat would be perfectly safe remaining in her palace because Windy can't get to her.

As for proof that it is the same palace in s3. It sure looks like it is the same palace to me. Just with improved graphics. I am more inclined to believe what I see in the game then I do a website I never even heard of until just now. If that information was accurate I hate no doubt that Suikosource would have put up that information on here. Here is some information on suikosource that seems to show that even if Leknaat left for a while that Hellion would not be able to get on to the island.

Magician's Isle
The Magician's Isle is the residence of the Seer Leknaat. She performs an important function by performing annual "Astrological readings" for the empire. Due to her fear of her sister, Windy, taking advantage of her powers, the island is protected by powerful magic wards. Because of the wards, no one can enter the island unless they are invited by Leknaat. No one knows if anyone lives here after Leknaat left.

It is interesting Suikosource notes that she left. But I got a feeling she never really leaves for long. Just long enough to help guide along other true rune bearers.

To the staff. Sry for replying back to an older thread. This was just something I had to comment on.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Genso Suikoden official guide includes an interview with Murayama, where he says the following (Page 254):

"I plan to have Leknaat appear in the sequel. Hellion took over the astrology tower; Leknaat and Luc vacated the place and current whereabouts are unknown."
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

Vextor wrote:Genso Suikoden official guide includes an interview with Murayama, where he says the following (Page 254):

"I plan to have Leknaat appear in the sequel. Hellion took over the astrology tower; Leknaat and Luc vacated the place and current whereabouts are unknown."

I wasn't aware of that. It is nice to know it comes from a reliable source. Makes you wonder how many of them Towers Leknaat has then. This would make 2 that look a lot alike so far. I wonder if she has had others. lol. There is another possibility though. Perhaps by the time of Suikoden 3, she returned to the tower and one of two things happened. Either she kicks Hellion out or she lets her continue to live in the tower.