Question about traveling through the Suik world

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Question about traveling through the Suik world

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The ocean is nowhere near L'Renouille no matter how much you want it to be.

You have to traverse half the size of Highland to reach it and you can fit 40 cities the same size as L'Renouille in the space that's between the city and the coast. This is not a small distance.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

I don't know, Raww, I'm kind of with Black Silver on this one. I'd have to reload a save file to be certain, but I'm pretty sure L'Renouille is quite near the ocean. I've got an image- the quality of the map is rotten, so I've labeled everything to give a sense of what's where. L'Renouille may not be right against the water, but the ocean isn't far off.

Click on this big ol' sentence to see the map.
Yeah!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, the mountain range is what we normally see when we play since we only see Kyaro and south of it really, but there is a clear path to the ocean NW of L'Renouille..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It is true that the Highland capital is not located exactly next to the shores, but there are no mountain ranges separating it with the sea either.

Here's a clearer map, from the website for the Chinese PC release of Suikoden II.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there's a Chinese PC version of Suikoden II??????? O_O
anything different about it?