Language in Suikoworld

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
SOe

Language in Suikoworld

Post by SOe »

There're different tribes live in different continents, but how come all of them speak one language, english if you play english version and japanese if you play the version.. :roll:
are there any other languages in suikoworld?
Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place.. feel free to move it.
hugoflamechamp

Post by hugoflamechamp »

I think to an extent, that is just one of those things that is done because the setting is revealed within a video game. It would probably not be very fun to the player if they couldn't understand what everyone was saying. The same rule generally applies to any game or fantasy novel, as well.
SOe

Post by SOe »

Not particularly every game,
FF X have al bhed primer things..
:?
Nalleo

Post by Nalleo »

yup,al bhed language.....
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

hugoflamechamp wrote:I think to an extent, that is just one of those things that is done because the setting is revealed within a video game. It would probably not be very fun to the player if they couldn't understand what everyone was saying. The same rule generally applies to any game or fantasy novel, as well.
Um, yeah, there is that. Of course any game, for the most part, is going to be translated into the different language formats for respective countries in which they are being released. You couldn't reasonably play through an entire game with an al-bhed primer, now could you? Well, I guess you could, but what a pain.

And then there is a discussion on this topic here, where this exact thing is covered.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5618
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg