Is Clive committing treason?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
hugoflamechamp

Is Clive committing treason?

Post by hugoflamechamp »

While reading the thread about the power of Harmonia, a question came to mind. When Clive served in the Dunan Unification War, and Harmonia aided the Highland army, did Clive not commit some form of treason for fighting on the opposing side? Was this an oversight, or was he just never found out because he didn't lead a specific unit on the battlefield?
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I think that yeah but it is more than likely that he didn't lead a specific unit on the battlefield but then again he was only a member of the Howling Voice Guild at this time so was in a way possibly commiting treason against his country but isn't considered a leader of any sorts.

The Howling Voice Guild we know had some ties with Harmonia through the Elders but nothing major.

Clive was given the task of hunting down Elza and bringing her to supposed justice and he joined the war to be able to track Elza with the help of Riou so this could have been acceptable to the guild if they knew this because although the war was against Highland and Highland was of sorts allied with Harmonia, Harmonia possibly wasn't to fussed because it wasn't affecting them because we know that Harmonia consider themselves better than most.

Also it is possible that they didn't know about Clive's involvment and was maybe overlooked.

A lot of this info is derived from my own guess work with some know facts but it gives us some idea's i feel.

Links below if you wanna know more on Clive, Howling Voice Guild & Harmonia:

Clive

Harmonia

Howling Voice Guild

*Also this should be in the character questions forum but they'll move it soon just so you know.

Hope this helps.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!