Ancient Armes, Sindarians in Falena's history

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Ancient Armes, Sindarians in Falena's history

Post by KFCrispy »

the Ancient Armes appeared with the Sun Rune before the Sindarians. the Queen came out of the underground path from Ashwalt to Lunas.. yet the three main runes are protected by Sindarian ruins. So what happened here, did the Sindarian race take over and use the Sun/Dawn/Twilight Runes at some point?? Did they just build these things for the Ancient Armenians?
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I presumed the Sindar used them briefly, somehow, yes. However, how the Sindar know of the Armes and their destruction, I'm lost.
Basel

Post by Basel »

We don't know whether the Sindar civilization knew about the Ancient Armes Kingdom or not. If they did then it could be visions from the runes.
Okay, I got confused now. The visions that Frey saw hints that the lands were healed only after the ruins were built. So it could be that the Sindarian lived in a destroyed land for some time.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

that's what i'm saying! the ruins are Sindarian, but the Ancient Armes were there before Sindar, and blew up the land (right?) leaving it desolate... but the visions show the Sindarian temples and the Sun Rune blowing up, as well as the Dawn/Twilight recovery. these ruins are definitely Sindarian because of the advanced technology and they worshipped the Sun Rune. perhaps the cultures had partially mixed before the big explosion?

also, who/what triggered the Dawn and Twilight Runes in the visions?

we do also know Sindarians built the place in S3 that allowed for the destruction of an elemental true rune, so maybe they just built a lot of stuff/functions for true runes since they knew so much...
Basel

Post by Basel »

Do we know anything about the time span between the blew up and the Dawn/Twilight recovery? Also, did the first vision show any template? I hope that I did not misunderstand what you wrote in the following sentence: "but the visions show the Sindarian temples and the Sun Rune blowing up, as well as the Dawn/Twilight recovery."
KFCrispy wrote:also, who/what triggered the Dawn and Twilight Runes in the visions?
I am afraid that Konami might not reveal any information about this, well if they had any in the first place.
Last edited by Basel on Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think you see two visions, the Sun Rune one at Dawn/East ruins and the recovery one at the Twilight/West ruins.

there was also a flood control system used when approaching Sol Falena. was that Sindarian or Ancient Armenian... i don't remember if Lucretia specified who made this stuff.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I think the flood control system was Falenan, actually. Sol-Falena was constructed long after modern Falena was formed, and I assume the dam outside of Sol-Falena was built then.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm, the old books may link the Ancient Armes and Sindarians as the same race--
These theorists contend that after the land was reduced to ashes with the extinction of the Ancient Armes Dynasty, the Sindar race mysteriously appeared, managing to return the rich, green lushness to this beloved land. Nobody knows why the Sindar disappeared. But some scholars insist that this race has not yet gone extinct... These scholars say that the first Queen of legend, who descended to Lunas with the Sun Rune in hand, was actually from the Sindar race.

This theory may seem like mere speculation. However, one can indeed find many similarities between the seal statue of the Sun Rune and ancient Sindar relics. More proof of this intriguing theory is now being sought out by our best and brightest scholars.
so the 2nd vision is perhaps after the main group of Sindarians came and found the Dawn and Twilight Runes and built temples for them. the 1st vision.. i'd have to watch again to see if the temples are there or not.

my guess is some Sindarians came to Falena with the Sun Rune and all, and decided to settle. that explains why many structures not specifically Sindarian, such as the flood control system, still had advanced technology.
One fateful day, however, the King suddenly and inexplicably went insane.
that's interesting; there was a king at some point, even though the whole reason it was a Queendom was because the original bearer (or maybe just 'master') of the Sun Rune who came up from Lunas was female...
Basel

Post by Basel »

KFCrispy wrote:the 1st vision.. i'd have to watch again to see if the temples are there or not.
The first vision shows the ruins that are involved in Jeane/Eresh quests. They also show the stone where you first meet Zweig.
EDIT: The sequence of events and the old book hints that the Sindarian came to the land of the Ancient Armes Dynasty only after the king went insane. The Sindarian then built the templates and disappeared. The Sindarian might have found the Sun Rune sealed to its statue in those ancient ruins and used it to help them rebuild the lands.

off topic, what bugs me the most is Jeane's relationship with this Ancient Civilization and the Sindarian.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

The old book is just confusing. It gives two different and conflicting theories (Sindar came after Ancient Armes/first Queen came with Sun Rune, and was Sindar). However, it does list each as being supported by different scholars.

The second theory doesn't make much sense because Ancient Armes was not known to be a Queendom (the king went insane), but they were known to have the Sun Rune.

A possibility is after the King lost control of the Sun Rune, and somehow lost the Sun Rune, it resided in the Ashtwal Mountains ruins, where the legendary first Queen found it, then coming down to Lunas.
Basel

Post by Basel »

KoRnholio wrote:A possibility is after the King lost control of the Sun Rune, and somehow lost the Sun Rune, it resided in the Ashtwal Mountains ruins, where the legendary first Queen found it, then coming down to Lunas.
This is what I am trying to say. The Sindarian managed to find the Sun Rune and the statue in those ancient ruins.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

its obvious why the king went insane is because of the sun rune,so his mind is corrupted,maybe he died also and the sindarians found the rune
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it seems Zerase knows a whole lot about the Dawn Ruins and Sindarians. when you first meet her in your HQ, she specifically says she'll say nothing of the Sindarians and Ruins and what they had just witnessed.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

the king suddenly went insane?

maybe male bearers of the sun rune go insane in short time, and female can resist more its powers of "posesion"?

zerase is interesting for say almost nothing, all gives to understand she knows a lot of sindar and sun/dawn/twilight runes, she cant come and tell all, no sense, the pj consist in that, and the misteries of sindar and sun rune cant be told like that, no true rune is 100% knowed in his powers and history
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but didn't one of you mention that maybe the sindarians and the ancient armenians were mixed? The two books are very confusing and conflicting each others theory, personall I believe the sindarian and ancient armenians are related somehow, perhaps they lived together? Maybe two different native nations, I know this contradicts the scholars theories in the two books. Though there is no theory to back this up, it is all merely speculation and ideals. But I am sure and a lot of other people will agree, that they are all related along with Eresh, Zerase and Jeane.

27x4=108 wrote:the king suddenly went insane?

maybe male bearers of the sun rune go insane in short time, and female can resist more its powers of "posesion"?

zerase is interesting for say almost nothing, all gives to understand she knows a lot of sindar and sun/dawn/twilight runes, she cant come and tell all, no sense, the pj consist in that, and the misteries of sindar and sun rune cant be told like that, no true rune is 100% knowed in his powers and history
Not suddenly, inexpliably went insane. I don't think the gender is a matter as whom can resist the sun runes corruption. I'm sure the king had the rune for sometime before going insane and reducing everything to a desolate land. But that would be kind of unique if the gender did matter, who knows, right?
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden