*Spoilers* Significance of Hair & the true Falena Ruler

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I never knew her age, just knew she was a child.

Some even said Riou and Tir was younger then we thought and they are matured like 90 year old mutes or something ;)

I mean...she seem a bit psychotic to me but I am wrong then.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Siel Avadon wrote:I never knew her age, just knew she was a child.

Some even said Riou and Tir was younger then we thought and they are matured like 90 year old mutes or something ;)

I mean...she seem a bit psychotic to me but I am wrong then.
a four to six year age gap makes a big difference. Remember those guys were raised differently than Lym. Being the youngest daughter of royalty should say to everyone that the girl is spoiled somewhat, but even then she behaves so much better than Lilly.

And at least she didn't go on a rampage unlike some royals.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

She's better behaved than Lilly because there's actual strictness with her. Like when she complains about not wanting to watch the fighting at the Sacred Games and Arshtat corrects her, making her see it from a different point of view, and reminding her that she is the future Queen. The same goes with her need to study. Lilly, as a spoiled brat, would easily find a way out of it, whereas Lym complains about it, wanting to spend time with the Prince and Lyon as they just got back, but accepts that she must do it. So yeah, she's spoiled a bit, but not without a firm guiding hand.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Who the hell is Lilly?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lilly Pendragon? From SII and SIII? I guess he's comparing the two.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Siel Avadon wrote:Who the hell is Lilly?
I'm sorry I didn't notice that you are from Europe and probably never played Suikoden III, but she is in II and she is spoiled rotten. You can look her up here in the character section.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Rune of Illusion wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't notice that you are from Europe and probably never played Suikoden III, but she is in II and she is spoiled rotten. You can look her up here in the character section.
Aha! No sadly we never got to play Suikoden III in Europe.

I will go look her up.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Lets try to get back on topic people =)

I believe the entire silver hair will die out eventually if more Ferids come along to be the knights commander. Remember, Belcoot would've been it most likey but the Godwins had to cheat. That pretty much summed it up that he was a threat and his skills surpass Childrich(spelling?)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Frankly, I don't see how the hair color is even relevant. Arshtat, Sialeeds, and Haswar, are all of the same generation. They probably inherited their hair color from their grandfather or something. I highly doubt that it's a "symbol of the Falenan throne" as some people think.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

It's just a matter of genes really. Frey inherited his mother's looks and his father's fighting spirit. Lym inherited her father's looks and her mother's wisdom.

I might have said this in another post. The original conceptual drawings did depict Lymsleia with silver hair. Also, Freyjadour's early drawings depicted that he had shoulder-length hair.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Siel Avadon wrote:
Rune of Illusion wrote:
Aha! No sadly we never got to play Suikoden III in Europe.

I will go look her up.
U can buy the american version ( exportation ) and some artifacts to make the ps2 work it ( maked and works )

And Lilly is too in suikoden II xD

About the hair.. i know that is not new, but all both falenan queens and jeane are so near of the sindar mysteries, i think is genetical, cuz they are half-sindarians.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

Genetically, it's impossible to keep the hair colour exactly the same for all generations unless they interbreed each other and keep themselves pedigree..

Seeing how the Queens of Falena generally get an assortment of different husbands(although historically they come mostly from 2 families), and taking into consideration how Suikoden characters have a rampant variety of hair colour, i'd conclude that it is mere sheer luck that Arshtat, Sialeeds, Haswar and Freyadous happened to share the same hair colour.

Genetically speaking, let's assume grey hair to be of a dominant allele and blonde hair to be recessive. Sialeeds and Arshtat's father was a Barrows and Haswar's father was a Godwin. We shall assume both Godwin and Barrows in question had blonde hair. Being the dominant gene, should Sialeeds, Haswar or Arshtat posess one of the alleles of grey hair, they would show the grey hair phenotype.

Hence, all three of them posessed grey hair. However, when it comes down to the next generation, Arshtat married a dude with brown hair. Assuming the brown hair gene has dominance over the grey hair gene, and assuming that Ferid held a grey hair allelle along with the dominant brown hair allelle, Freyadous who happened to inherit both grey hair alleles had grey hair. Lym however who took her father's brown hair allele had brown hair.

Hence, when we look scientifically with genetics, the whole crap about grey hair true ruler etc etc would generally be... Crap.

Of course, you can go on and argue about the Falena royal blood line having special hair genetics that overides everybody elses hair genes and Lym has something sinister going on about her...
Long time lurker...
Gen. Dirge

Re:

Post by Gen. Dirge »

son_michael wrote:um..I always thought that Sialeeds hair was grey..some people get grey air at early ages and this could possibly be the case with sialeeds family

as for lym..well she's too young to have grey air
I just hope she grows-up to be a beautiful woman like her mother.....*shivers at the thought that she might not*.....(damn....I really find Lymsleia's face really annoying....)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Palmguy

Re: *Spoilers* Significance of Hair & the true Falena Ruler

Post by Palmguy »

I think people are just giving too much taught to it...

An Hair color is just that, an hair colour.

Syaleed was dying her hair because she loved the colour, now she got bored of it.

As for Jeane, since most member of the Royal family in THIS time lane were Silver haired, the conceptor changed it to pink just so people wouldn't start theories like "OMG! JEANES IS IN FACT THE LONG LOST FIRST QUEEN OF FALENA!!!"

I dont think Jeane herself changed her hair color. Just the conceptor.
Saori

Re: *Spoilers* Significance of Hair & the true Falena Ruler

Post by Saori »

In all honesty, Jalk's explanation seems to give good insight to Sialeeds dyeing her hair... It's really interesting to hear it like that.