The Most Devastating War in suikoden

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
silverwolf

The Most Devastating War in suikoden

Post by silverwolf »

In all of the Suikoden game series, what do you think is the most destructive war? The Gate Rune War? The Dunan Unification War? The 2nd Fire Bringer War? or The Kooluk's Southern Expansion of the islands?
...the only way to remove a warrior's bloodlust is to give his own blood in the battlefield....
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the dunnan unification war

hands down the most devastating war, thousands of men on both sides were killed in hand to hand combat

innocent people were also mercilessly killed

ok its 4 am Im going to bed now..............
The Deldragon

Post by The Deldragon »

Yeah definetly. More civilian deaths than anything. That is one war I wouldn't have liked to have been drafted into. How did that start tho anyone know?
"I will unite the Dragon Clans" - Lord Deldragon -
Add Me - arun_252@hotmail.com
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Well, it's because of Luca Blight, really. He wanted revenge against the City State. Why, you ask? Because he whitnessed his mother, Sara, being raped by Muse rufians hired by Darrel (?) Poor Luca...
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

The Dunan Unification War was definitly the most devasting in the series. Because off all the civilian deaths (Ryube,Toto, and the Merc fort burned,the Beast Rune sacrifice in Muse,etc.) as well as all the soilders who fought hand to hand combat in the battles and the death of great generals (Kiba,Seed,Culgan,etc).

Another war I can think of that's devasting is the 1st Fire Bringer War. I remember that the True Fire Rune went out of control and killed all the Harmonina and Grassland warriors on the battlefield, right?
silverwolf

Post by silverwolf »

Yep, at the last and decisive battle of the 1st Fire Bringer War , the True Fire Rune went out of control killing all of the Harmonian soldiers along with the remaining Grassland Army. The only survivors were the 3 true rune bearers, Flame hero, Wyatt and Geddoe....did i miss anyone?
...the only way to remove a warrior's bloodlust is to give his own blood in the battlefield....
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, the 1st Fire Bringer War may have been the most devastating, no only because the Flame Champion vaporized tens of thousands of Harmonian and Grassland soldiers, but also because the war lasted more than 10 years.
True Wind Bearer

From what I've heard of Suikoden III, I'd still have to say the Dunan Unification War...so cool.
blank

Post by blank »

I think this is another 'what's your favorite' topic.. the Admin dont allow this kind pf topics right??
True Wind Bearer

As long as they discuss why it's their "favourite".
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Actually that wouldn't save a favourite style thread.

This one asks a more specific question so is allowed; but by the looks of it has had its answer as far as we have details for.

If people start replying about their favourite war then it will be locked anyway.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
True Wind Bearer

Er...yea!...That's what I meant! 8) I think I should read the rules again...
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

MY FAVORITE WAR WAS....nah, hehe. Just tickled the admin's blood..

The 2nd flame champ war was "potentially" the most devastating, but since Luc's plan to blow up the continent was in shambles, the disaster was neglected.

I think the gate-rune war could be counted too. When you battle army vs. army we could see the no. of soldiers....thousands!!
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

The 1st Fire Bringer War was by far in casualties the most devastating war. It lasted for 10 years. 10 years of fighting bloodshed and combat. Nothing else compares. On the last battle in the 10th year of the 1st Fire Bringer War, The Flame Champion lost control of his True Fire Rune instantly vaporizing the entire Harmonian and Grassland armies that were present in a flash of hellfire. Now in an all out climactic battle how many soldiers do you think were involved? I would say about 60,000 troops were present on the battle field at that time, that was the give or take battle of the 1st Fire Bringer war. Not to mention guerilla campaigns against The Holy City of Harmonia itself. That could mean the Flame Champion detonating explosions with his True Fire Rune throughout the Holy City itself. It would be like mini-nukes going off everywhere. Not to mention Wyatt and Geddoe causing all types of chaos with their True Water and True Lightning Runes. If we ever got to see the clashes of the 1st Fire Bringer War in game on the PS2 we would all be utterly shocked and dumbfounded at the battles that would take place. Hopefully we do indeed get to see what transpired and the events that occured in deeper detail. Only time will tell.
Can't we all just get along?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The 2nd FC war wasn't really that destructive because of all the enemies actually being Monsters and they're lives arn't worth anythin(sad isn't it).