How did Jowston army reach Senan region on Suikoden I?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
onmyoji

How did Jowston army reach Senan region on Suikoden I?

Post by onmyoji »

I'm talking about the part when we went to Moravia to save Viktor and Warren. Mathiu told Kasim Hazil that he had manipulated Jowston to attack Moravia. When I look at this map, it seems like there's no way for them to reach Moravia. Unless the map is not accurate. Or is Dana a neutral region? (I assume Dana region belongs to Scarlet Moon)

:EDIT:
The reason I mentioned Dana is because it's the only land area connecting Toran and Dunan.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: How did Jowston army reach Senan region on Suikoden I?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Don't forget that by the time the game was designed they weren't aware that a follow-up game would exist. So by the time Jowston region's whereabouts were unknown.
onmyoji

Post by onmyoji »

Sasarai10 wrote:Don't forget that by the time the game was designed they weren't aware that a follow-up game would exist. So by the time Jowston region's whereabouts were unknown.
Oh okay, I thought they had already planned for a sequel. Thanks! :)
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

They came through the Badlands. While the journey might be "impossible" for individual travelers, a provisioned army with supply lines could cross. It's been happening across the Sahara for millennia.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

onmyoji wrote:
Oh okay, I thought they had already planned for a sequel. Thanks! :)
I don't think this ever happens with any game. How are they supposed to know where the sales of the first game will be good or bad?

Otherwise they would call it "Suikoden I" when it was released. Not just "Suikoden".
onmyoji

Post by onmyoji »

wataru14 wrote:They came through the Badlands. While the journey might be "impossible" for individual travelers, a provisioned army with supply lines could cross. It's been happening across the Sahara for millennia.
But isn't there a wall that separates Badlands from the deserts? At least, that's what the wiki says. And the wall also exists in the game world map.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

A large enough army can find a way past the wall I would imagine... also there is no info stating who exactly built the wall. If it was owned by Jowston then they sould be able to get passed it.