The Sun and Night Runes one rune?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
killerslime

The Sun and Night Runes one rune?

Post by killerslime »

Maybe i'm being dim here but this matter has always confused me somewhat.

The Sun Rune
A True Rune governing over light, warmth, and nuturing, the Sun Rune is one of the three treasures of Falena. Originally connected with the Night Rune, the runes were split after the Night Rune incarnated itself into a sword and severed the link between them. When they split, two pieces were detached: The Dawn and Twilight Runes.

So my question is were the sun and night runes one mega rune at some point? The quote above (from this very website) seems to suggest to me that they were indeed one rune but that would mean that neither the sun rune or night rune are true runes at all. It doesnt seem right to me maybe someone could set the record straight?
veriaqa

Re: The Sun and Night Runes one rune?

Post by veriaqa »

Are you kind of slow or what? Really? It obviously 2 rune that connected together with some kind of bond etc etc. I dont even have the mood to explain this because its all there in this website.
Last edited by veriaqa on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

veriaqa wrote:Are you kind of slow or what? Really? It obviously 2 rune that connected together with some kind of bond etc etc. I dont even have the mood to explain this because its all there in this website. Fuckin idiot
Oh yeah now i remember why i dont post on this website. Hostile is an understatement.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

That guy has a way with words, let me tell you.

To answer your question, I had the same confusion. They are and always were two entirely separate runes. They were just stuck together naturally. Eventually, the Night Rune got tired of the Sun Rune's arrogance and broke it off.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Thank you, i'm not alone. I think its the wording that confused me but i knew that it didn't seem right. I would be less offended by his post if i hadn't stated that i may be being dim in my original post. Its him i feel sorry for, if i had to come on the internet and put people down to make myself feel good i would hate myself as well. Dude needs a hobbie or a wank or something. Stuck together naturally...that is an intriguing thought.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Actually, I just found it pretty mild until he capped it the way he did with the white text.

Also, because the Dawn and Twilight runes are a blend of the night and sun runes, I believe they were actually the bonds that held them together. The suikosource description indicates they were byproducts of the separation, but I think it's more literal than that. Twilight is literally Sun + Night, and Dawn isn't too far off either
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

And then i get this PM from this "better man". Suikosource where do you find these people?

veriaqa: If you feel offended by an internet forum post like that than I would be a better man by saying " I'm sorry for the white text. I didn't mean it. You're a very intelligent and not lazy person" I hope you accept my apology.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

killerslime wrote:And then i get this PM from this "better man". Suikosource where do you find these people?

veriaqa: If you feel offended by an internet forum post like that than I would be a better man by saying " I'm sorry for the white text. I didn't mean it. You're a very intelligent and not lazy person" I hope you accept my apology.
You hurt my tiny little soft feeling :( . I will tell your mommy so you can go home.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

He's just saying that so he doesn't get banned, he made similar remarks in another thread
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Warnings issued where applicable, as you were people :)

Actually not exactly as you were, just as you were without the name-calling. Play nice.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Wow, some people really know how to bring a community down...

Anyways, the way I view the connection between these runes is like this: They're both whole True Runes but when they were joined, they were NOT one mega True Rune. Instead they were more like conjoined twins, two separate entities but physically bound together. When that physical bond was severed, the two runes were free from each other and the Dawn and Twilight Runes were created.
PSN: FreshMetal80