SOme rune question?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
RevKoden

SOme rune question?

Post by RevKoden »

1) Rune of change symbolizes all changes around the world of suikoden, is that changing power is really powerful i mean like can they change "Destiny"?
2) Night rune(SDS) is considered a rune that gives all night creatures alive in the suikoden world? What kind of creature is it including zombies and stuff like that? Because AFAIK, it only serve as a counterpart of the sun rune
3) If night rune is the one that give shouldnt it be like let see evil? I mean he kept all those night creatures alive or..other things i dont know
4) ALso if that is the case shouldnt night rune rival is the True rune that the resurrection runes coming from? Resurrection rune power is to sends back/exorcist all demons/ghost not the sun rune?
Antimatzist

Re: SOme rune question?

Post by Antimatzist »

1. We know nothing about this rune yet, besides the leader of the Sindar bears it and it's the reason they have to move around.
2. Is it a rune that gives life to creatures of the night? Don't know about that. E.g. Sierras Moon Rune is the origin of vampires, not the night rune.
4. It is not known if there is a True Rune of the resurrection rune. Also not every TR has a rival or counterpart or needs one. Most runes are ambivalent in themsleves like RoP - Punishment and Atonement, Soul Eater - Rune of Life and Death and so on.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

2. Yea, what makes you think taht night runes bring forth night creatures? It's the blue moon rune if we're talking about vampires.

3. In S5, Sun rune represents both destruction and restoration. But if we base on our biased opinion, all we could see prolly is destruction. Same goes to Night rune, and again, you ever see bad side of Night rune in game, I can't recall any infos showing it was acting evil...just a too high and mighty, also quite talkative rune.

4. Since Night rune isnt related to vampires (except having power to destroy them), then there's no logic for it to become rival of ressurection or whatsoever. Normally the child runes which born from a same true rune would become rivals.
black sword><bright shield (children of rune of beginning)
dawn><twightlight (sun rune)
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

OKay btw...about rune of beginning, the bright and the black one, is not considered a true rune right? If that is the case, then is jowy and riou aged during suikoden 3?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I would assume that they would age normally with their runes because the Bright Shield and the Black Sword aren't actually true runes, but the components of a true rune. If Riou had taken Jowy's rune at the end of SII, making the Rune of Beginning, then he would have stopped aging.

I could be wrong though. After all, Windy and Leknaat stopped aging even though they each only have half of a true rune. Their situation is a little different though.

While we're at it, is agelessness granted to someone that the Star Dragon Sword accepts as a wielder?
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Windy and Leknaat are able to remain ageless as they hold half a True Rune each, as opposed to a 'component' rune each. The best analogy I've ever seen to explain was coined by Vextor I believe;

Think of a True Rune as a cup of coffee. In order to make your coffee (Rune of Beginning) you need hot water (Bright Shield) and coffee beans (Black Sword). When combined, you get your coffee. However, you can't separate a cup of coffee back into it's components (as in, you can't turn coffee back into beans and water), but you can half it, in which case you have two half-cups of coffee (Front and Back Gate Runes as held by Windy and Leknaat).

So if your cup of coffee grants you agelessness, it stands to reason that the holders of the half cups will each benefit from this. But your beans and water don't grant it until combined.

Sorry if this explanation was a bit ham fisted, I'm all jacked up with head cold. Vextor explained it much more eloquently but I can't remember where to find his post.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Don't worry, the coffee analogy makes sense to me. That's pretty much how I figured the difference between the two worked.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Star Dragon Sword doesn't grant agelessness to its owner (the same is true with the Dragon King Sword). A fan asked that question to konami's staff on one of the Genso Shinshos, and the above was their answer.