possible travel?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
xtian3426

possible travel?

Post by xtian3426 »

is it possible that Falena still exist in the year of Dunan Unification War? if it still exist how much travel time is it to reach the point of Falena from Dunan?
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Antimatzist

Re: possible travel?

Post by Antimatzist »

I am pretty sure it still exists, as there is no counter-proof... also, people "talk" about Falena as it would still be existent.

To aslong would it take... I guess it depends!? There is another topic here which discusses travel times etc. maybe you will find an answer there
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Well, Georg Prime obviously is still avoiding going back to it, which suggests it must still be a place to avoid going back to. How long it would take is kinda hard to say. Since in 5 you do see Milich Oppenheimer at the coronation ceremony, which probably occurred only a few months after the Godwin's took over the Sun Palace, one could assume it could take at most half that time for envoys to be sent out as far as Dunan, and another half of it for envoys to be sent back for the ceremony. So I'd say probably 2-4 weeks or so.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

oh so it's still possible. do you think the sun rune is still there and also the dawn and twilight considering the years passed :)
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Where would they have gone? I mean, they'd been in Falena for several hundred years by the time of suikoden 5 through multiple regimes, it's unlikely that 10 more years would change that. If the Queendom of Falena hasn't fallen yet, which there's no signs that it has, there's no reason for them to not continue to have the runes, and even if the Queendom fell, like its predecessors before, the sun rune would still likely remain there, to be used by whatever replaced the Queendom.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

ah :) so it still remains there hahaha
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

eldrasidar wrote:Well, Georg Prime obviously is still avoiding going back to it, which suggests it must still be a place to avoid going back to. How long it would take is kinda hard to say. Since in 5 you do see Milich Oppenheimer at the coronation ceremony, which probably occurred only a few months after the Godwin's took over the Sun Palace, one could assume it could take at most half that time for envoys to be sent out as far as Dunan, and another half of it for envoys to be sent back for the ceremony. So I'd say probably 2-4 weeks or so.
Ok,so do you actually see Milich at Lym's coronation?? Or is it one of those situations where it is implied but you don't actually see it? I've played the game two or three times and I always look for him but I can't recall actually ever seeing him.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

I, too, have played the game several times with the purpose of seeing him. I can confirm, from my experiences, he is not to be seen.
Belle

Post by Belle »

You don't actually see Milich at Lymsleia's "coronation." Someone (I believe Cathari, but don't quote me on that) drops a letter in the Prince's comment box, mentioning that Milich had been present, and that it would have been interesting if he had run into Georg.
dragons_descent4

Nice,I'll have to keep an eye out for that note next time around when I play it again. It always just struck me as odd,why mention it if it won't be shown? I guess it pays a nice tribute to the old games,but still.
lol call me selfish but I would have enjoyed the visual.
- Viktor and Flik

patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's probably too much work to come up with a unique character model that would only be used once? The fact he was referenced by name was already a treat in itself. They could have just not named Scarlet Moon's representative, like Zelant and Gaien's.
dragons_descent4

yeah that's a good point,the game in itself was really well done with its design anyway.
- Viktor and Flik

ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Hey. Hey hey. I also like to see georg and milich at the coronation night too. Haha. Veru interesting happening.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena