conquerer rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
xtian3426

conquerer rune

Post by xtian3426 »

What powers do conqeurer rune do? does it control the entire body and mind of a person like a puppet/doll? and i read some info's that windy doesn't posses this rune? then how was she able to control ted? haha confused XD and this is not a true rune right?
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Rachael

Re: conquerer rune

Post by Rachael »

According to our very own Suikosource, it's not a True Rune because Windy can only wield two at once.

I'm confused, though, as to whether Windy herself had a Conqueror Rune or if she simply gave them to Kwanda and Milich. If she herself possessed the rune, wouldn't that mean that she, too, would be controlled by it? Or maybe she was, and that added to her grudge against the world to make her do evil things? Or maybe the black runes given to Milich and Kwanda are simply "sub-runes" of the Conqueror Rune.

One could study the world of Suikoden for years. I don't think anything on the page mentioned that Windy didn't possess the rune, though.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

I find an error in our definition though. When have we ever seen any person have two true runes at one time. As far as i thought was that a person can only have one. If we remember in Suikoden III if one character chooses the true fire rune they must give up their true lightning rune to another character. Also if you say the bright shield and the black sword, those are only parts of the rune of begining and the same goes for the dawn and dusk because they help someone control the sun rune and the insanity it strike.

But anyway, The conquerer rune, how i understood it was a rune that Windy used to control people who i feel windy felt would defect or try to stop her if they saw something wrong. Kwanda was secluded in my opinion and if he did see what was going on would stop everything and from what i saw milich cared for his people. Teo felt the duty to his nation to do as the emperor did, and i believe he wanted to be bested by his son on fair terms without an unfair advantage or anything like that(although the horses were unfair), and Kasim was turning a blind eye. While Sonya held a grudge against Tir hence the need for the others not needed the black runes.
Windy as far as i knew, only have part of the gate rune, and i do not believe they knew the possibility of wielding more than one rune, although i will be contradicted because of Crowley, who only used one rune and did not see his 100 runes. But also I do not recall please correct me if I am wrong, we only see her use the front part of the gate rune and no conquerer rune
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha confusing XD but he was able to control ted once right? but ted sacrificed himself so there will be no fight between tir and him
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

mumbay wrote:I find an error in our definition though. When have we ever seen any person have two true runes at one time.
The whole plotline of Suikoden I is that Windy has found a way to bear two True Runes at once and now wants the Soul Eater. It's a fairly big deal, not sure how you managed to miss it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, that's the main thing about Windy-- she managed to figure out a way to bear two true runes at the same time.

Also, the "Conquerer Rune" is simply another name for the "Black Rune." Windy was able to control whomever she gave the rune to-- which is why she didn't have to bear the rune itself.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

ah so he gave ted the conquerer rune cause he controlled him one time
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere in the game that Windy had a method of wielding two true runes. I don't see how it can be the "whole plotline" of the game, yet never be mentioned.

I always assumed that the reason the souleater rejected her was because she already had half of the gate rune and that the gate rune's attachment to her prevented its replacement, or that she simply didn't know she couldn't carry two runes.

That second theory is a little ridiculous considering it requires a powerful centuries-old magician to be completely naive to the nature of true runes.
PSN: FreshMetal80
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha confusing XD
Belle

Post by Belle »

I don't think it SPECIFICALLY mentioned in-game that Windy had a method, but since Leknaat spoke of how 'catastrophic' it would be for Windy to obtain two True Runes, it was understood that she had some method of doing so.

But then, this was back in 1995-96 so they probably weren't thinking that far ahead about ability in possessing True Runes.

As for plotline, you should remember how Ted's Grandpa, Ted, and Tir were all running around trying to keep the rune from falling into Windy's hands.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

Yes I do remember that, I know there is nothing stopping someone from having another true Rune Suikoden III is evidence of that when Luc had like 3 or 4 in possession although he did not wield them. I thought everyone meant she was wielding two at the same time.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

mumbay wrote:I thought everyone meant she was wielding two at the same time.
We did and she can. There is no speculation behind this, it's confirmed fact that Windy knows how to bear two True Runes at the same time.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

haha guess windy sure is a powerful witch. so what do ted mean in SI " i've been hiding from that witch from a long time and i can't believe i'll meet/see her here" ( not exact dialogue but it's the same thought) so does that mean windy is already hundred years old too? ahha