Shu and the Highest Rebellion

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Shu and the Highest Rebellion

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Every little blurb i read about the Higheast Rebellion, says that Shu caused some kind of internal discord in Harmonia to prevent an advancement of Harmonian troops, with the help of Flik or Victor or something like that. Anyhow, does anyone know exactly what Shu did to cause the discord? What was his plan and how did Flik or Victor fit into it?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Shu and the Highest Rebellion

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I don't think any such specific details of the rebellion have ever been released.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

How do we do know about the Rebellion anyway? Was it in one of these Suikoden encyclopediae?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's also mentioned in Suikoden 3 by various characters.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I don't have any input or seen anything related to Shu being involved but I do remember in SIII they make a reference to the Higheast rebellion like Vextor said. I actually thought it was a little hilarious how it was brought up. When Geddoe and company go to the northern cavern to meet with Salome I remember Ace trying to b.s Duke and his crew telling them that basicaly we have another mission, its to stir up the Higheast rebellion. Duke says something like don't even try to pull that garbage on me and Ace says somethin like its a secret mission and then Elaine says the Higheast rebellion was over 15 years ago. Probaly one of the funniest dialogues in the game.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

From the context of Suikoden 3.

The Higheast rebellion was a plot by Harmonia to recreate the Hiland Kingdom 3 years before Suikoden 3 started.

Ace and assumably everyone else in the defence force took part in trying to stur up a rebellion but it failed.

In the context of Suikoden 3. Ace was saying that he was still tryin to carry out this mission as a way to BS Duke into leaving them alone because Ace never got an order to stop doing the mission suposidly.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

yes thanks to S3 and some other sources, i know we can get some of the "whats" and "whys" but i want to know the "hows" of Shu's plan. oh well, i guess we may never know.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I don't remember where exactly I read it, but Shu did whatever to cause some sort of internal rebellion / minor skirmish within Harmonia, which required Harmonia to divert their resources to deal with that incident.

Also, one Japanese Suikoden V guides includes a timeline, stating that "General Sudlum of the Harmonian Regional Army invades Higheast" and then he's ordered by higherups to withdraw later on, making it look like this general's own action (and that Harmonia's involvement wasn't intentional).

Likely we'll never find out the truth.