Suikoden History

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
ixan2007

Suikoden History

Post by ixan2007 »

Hi Guys im new here VERY2 new though i have played suikoden since i was in elementary school which now i am 20 :P hehehe im a BIG fan of suikoden though well not that knowledgable about the world timeline characters story and all of that,

so i dont know where to put this topic but here goes.

so um anyone care to Share THE WHOLE TimeLine and story of it? as in 1 ->5 ? :P hehehe im sorry to be a pain but think of it if like new members want to know about the history they can all just see this topic hehehe again sorry to be a pain :)

P.S : i know this is not the place but can anyone give me an insight about the novel and such is there an english version and where can i buy it? along with the suikogaiden series game :(

THX A BUNCH Guys and Nice To meet you all

P.S P.S : i've been browsing this site for like a week and then i decided to join :P hehehe

P.S P.S P.S : sorry if my english is a bit bad. im from indonesia :)
Runemaster

Re: Suikoden History

Post by Runemaster »

Apparently we do have a Suikoden timeline and more in this very site. Look up to the logo, click "History" and voila.

Welcome to Suikosource!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
ixan2007

Post by ixan2007 »

hey :) yeah i have seen that. i dont mean Brief Timeline. i mean like TIMELINE + The Story What happened Detailed :P which i know if we play it we know.
haha but you know its nice sometimes just to read it :P only will take several hours not 60+ hours :P MWAHAHA

Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'm not sure how the Suikoden World was created but for the games the story starts off with S4 and tactics with the Island Nation Wars. 150 years later and while Ted is still roaming the planet comes S1. Tir McDohl and the Liberation Army come together to defeat the Empire and rename the Scarlet Moon Empire, the Toran Republic. I believe its either 5 or 15 years later theres the war between the City-State and Highland which is S2 (check the timeline for correct time incriments). Five more years after that the internal conflict of Falena starts to happen. Where Frey with the help of his army is able to restore peace and tranquillity back to Falena and also put the three runes back in their rightful place. I'm not sure how much of a time gap there is but sometime after the Falena conflict comes the 2nd Fire Bringer War out in the Grasslands, saving the best for last, S3. And now presently we're all (well most of us) are waiting for S6 which hopefully takes place after S3. I don't know how much more detailed I can make it other then going to specfics about each game and if you played them you know what happens.
Runemaster wrote:Apparently we do have a Suikoden timeline and more in this very site. Look up to the logo, click "History" and voila.

Welcome to Suikosource!

Concuring with Runemaster, the timeline on here is quite clean and cut I don't know what other information you would need in regaurds to that. I mean it even includes birth dates its very detailed. Anything else would be 'novel-like'
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You can read a lot in the Gensopedia, a Suikoden encyclopedia.
ixan2007

Post by ixan2007 »

Thanks Belcoot :) yep and i just saw the gensopedia. hehehe thanks guys:P tho anyone know how to get the novels? :( in ENGLISH to say :P hehehe.

yep S6 sure do takes alot of time.

oh and no offense guys i havent played S3 and S4. sorry i just dont quite like how they go :( personally the Bestfriend Feud in S2 and The Throne feud in S5 was the Best for me :)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The novels were never translated into English...
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

about the novels..... I'm guessing that many of you are affluent in Japanese or know how to translate them very well. I'd really like to get my hands on some of those.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Belcoot4 wrote:about the novels..... I'm guessing that many of you are affluent in Japanese or know how to translate them very well. I'd really like to get my hands on some of those.
I think that someone translated at leats one novel for JackofAllTrades Suikoden-RPG-Maker-project. I think he mentioned something along these lines.