Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Has there been any reliable information released about which True Rune the Resurrection Rune is a child of? I've seen speculations that it could be the Souleater or that some True Resurrection rune may exist, but it has been conjectures thus far. So do we know yet or does that True Rune have yet to be made known?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
JanusThePaladin

Re: Origin of the Resurrection Rune

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Nothing so far, but i've heard a theory that it's a religious skill rather than a rune. I would think that S2 had cleared that up, but as it hasnt really made a reappearance as a mass-produced rune, who would know for sure?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

No confirmation whatsoever. Due to its Japanese name, Exorcism Rune, and its effectiveness against the undead, we do speculate that it may be the child of Night Rune though. But, if Zerase's Star Rune spells are any indication, the former seems unlikely...
Addepadde

Post by Addepadde »

patapi wrote:No confirmation whatsoever. Due to its Japanese name, Exorcism Rune, and its effectiveness against the undead, we do speculate that it may be the child of Night Rune though. But, if Zerase's Star Rune spells are any indication, the former seems unlikely...
True True..

But isn't it a bigger chance that its a child of the rune of beginning? I'm thinking of the healing the rune provides, also it can raise one unconscious ally.
We know that ress rune can:
* Heal allys
* Deal damage, which increase against undead.
(Same goes for the bright shield?)

OThe bright shield have a ability know as shining light, which I sees like a lets say holy light, something that will damage undead more than regular units. Also ress run can raise one unconscious ally.

Or am I totaly off?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I think i made a topic like this but anyway Bright Shield Rune seems unlikely since the Shield Rune, child of BS, doesn't appear to be in Holy element, rather it has Shield element.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for all we know, it can be the "Life" portion of the Soul Eater. their spells don't seem related (exorcism chants vs death / gate to hell..), but their elements are "opposites". well the Judgement spell seems like it can somewhat be related to Exorcism. perhaps they may develop the "Life" portion of the Soul Eater's "Life and Death" in a future game.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

The resurrection rune is clearly a child of the true holy rune. It just seems like the most likely to me.

Ressurrection and hurting undead. Holy rune? come on all the evidence is there.

(This was a joke)

But seriously i doubt they'll ever say what true rune its a child of its just not all that important. assume Night or Souleater because they're the most likely.

I personally think that its probably the true Double-beat rune because of all the obious similarities. (Every owner of both runes in bald and if they arn't then im probably not trying to be serious)
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

is it not possible that it could be the child of the Blue Moon Rune? I mean we know very little of the powers of that rune, but we do know of its connection to the undead, and its relativity to compassion, which i would assume is a necessity in one's desire to bring back an unconcious ally.
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

JanusThePaladin wrote:is it not possible that it could be the child of the Blue Moon Rune? I mean we know very little of the powers of that rune, but we do know of its connection to the undead, and its relativity to compassion, which i would assume is a necessity in one's desire to bring back an unconcious ally.
I think you might be on to something there... As i am fairly certain the Darkness rune would count as the Soul eater's child rune. Unless of course the theory of the Life portion of the soul eater is correct.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I was hoping that maybe -- just maybe -- it's a child rune of one of the unnamed and yet unrevealed true runes that would make an appearance in a future suikoden game.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
exo

Post by exo »

Child Rune - True Rune relation (IMO)

Rune of Condemnation (Alhazred quest, Suikoden 5) --> Rune of Punishment
Darkness Rune (Sierra's Rune) --> Soul Eater
Shield Rune (Suikoden 5's) --> Bright Shield
Advance Elemental Runes (Rage, Flowing, etc) --> Elemental True Runes (Obvious)
Resurrection Rune is probably from unrevealed true rune just like RangerDeon said.

And if we're going to have the next Suikoden with the parent rune (true rune) of Resurrection Rune, we could expect plenty of undeads (maybe...). If you look at the rune properties... (which is effective against undeads)
JanusThePaladin

that would actually be pretty cool. a zombie uprising being your main focal point at the beginning of the game, to find that they're being controlled by another country's government.

I personally like the idea of it the resurrection rune being the other half of the Soul Eater's powers, and i postulated that theory when i was but a forum youngling. Its good to see that theory is more accepted now than it was then.

More than likely, if they are to bring attention to the Resurrection rune, they'll use an new rune to represent its parent, simply for gameplay.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

King Krimson wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:is it not possible that it could be the child of the Blue Moon Rune? I mean we know very little of the powers of that rune, but we do know of its connection to the undead, and its relativity to compassion, which i would assume is a necessity in one's desire to bring back an unconcious ally.
I think you might be on to something there... As i am fairly certain the Darkness rune would count as the Soul eater's child rune. Unless of course the theory of the Life portion of the soul eater is correct.
I red the bio on that rune on the site and I think to myself. Why does Seirra have a child rune of the soul eater when the true rune she once had was the Moon rune and the rune she uses at the time is called the Darkness rune. i mean I know the Moon rune isen't assosiated with Night but the word Moon still sticks in my mind.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
exo

Post by exo »

snakebite105 wrote:
King Krimson wrote:
I red the bio on that rune on the site and I think to myself. Why does Seirra have a child rune of the soul eater when the true rune she once had was the Moon rune and the rune she uses at the time is called the Darkness rune. i mean I know the Moon rune isen't assosiated with Night but the word Moon still sticks in my mind.
At first, I thought Darkness Rune is the child rune of the Moon Rune. But then I saw similarities in Soul Eater Rune and Darkness Rune symbol, and some of their spells are also similar if not the same albeit the Darkness Rune is the weaker version. They both has dark element also. So I assume the Darkness Rune is sort of the Child Rune of Soul Eater.
As to why Sierra has the child rune of the Soul Eater instead the Moon Rune is a mystery.

Ressurection Rune spells differ greatly from the Soul Eater, the elements (holy vs dark), and their symbols.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

ya but why can't the moon and night runes have dark element aswell? moon is the rune of the undead afterall.