Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
veriaqa

Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Post by veriaqa »

Who says it Blue Moon Rune? I've some prove in Suiko 2 its name is Moon Rune.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86 ... arance.png

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86 ... arrier.png

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86 ... nCurse.png

And in Suikoden 5 its name also Moon Rune (unfortunately i dont have cutscene from suiko 5)

======================================================================

Edit date 5th January 2009.

I missed the first time I post this thread. The investigation! so this a couple cutscenes from Sierra investigation...

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86 ... ation1.png

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86 ... ation2.png
Last edited by veriaqa on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
johnrolliemar0709

Re: Cut Scene from Suikoden 2 that says it "Moon Rune"

Post by johnrolliemar0709 »

(The Blue Moon Rune is one of the 27 True Runes, symbolizing cruelty and compassion. The Blue Moon Rune turns its bearer into a vampire and also gives the bearer the ability to turn others into vampires. At first, the bearer of the rune will be overwhelmed by bloodlust, making them hunger for the forbidden human life force. However, as their mastery over the rune increases, the barer is able to tap into the powers of compassion and are able to live on without feeding on blood--- a benefit shared by those vampires sired by the Rune's power, provided they stay within the same area as the rune itself. Once torn from it, however, they would revert to bloodlust and would need to drink the blood of other living creatures or perish. In addition, vampires who hold the Blue Moon Rune are more resilient against normal vampire weaknesses such as sunlight or holy weapons, and have extra abilities, such as the capability to transform into a bat at will. Only the bearer of the Blue Moon Rune has the ability to remain ageless, a trait shared among all True Rune bearers.

Spells of the Blue Moon Rune usually come at a cost. Commonly noted is the Blue Moon Curse, in which 100 sacrificed souls are used to strike down a foe.)

there are u sttisfied huh...... duefiumi is not that s2pid 2 post it u know......just whre did u get that idea huh..... sierra only said moon rune... but it is called "blue moon rune" tht's why the blue moon village is being found....
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

johnrolliemar0709 wrote:there are u sttisfied huh...... duefiumi is not that s2pid 2 post it u know......just whre did u get that idea huh..... sierra only said moon rune... but it is called "blue moon rune" tht's why the blue moon village is being found....
Duefiumi? Who is duefiumi? the creator of suikoden series?

take this as example: if someone had a child and named him John Layfield. And then I says that his name is John Rolliemar, when his father tell you directly that his name is Layfield. Which one do you believe?

Please use your brain... that thing inside your head has a function u know...
Lovecraft_elder

Post by Lovecraft_elder »

Duefiumi is a great Suikoden website. It contains all kinds of information, along with an encyclopedia of the Suikoden universe.

And it is called the "Blue Moon Rune." The Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune are also sometimes just referred to as the Shield Rune and the Sword Rune, as well as the Rune of Life and Death is called Souleater. People just call them this since it would be a pain calling them their full, long names all the time. Just aswell as you wouldn't call your John Whatshisface his full name everytime he comes around. You'd just call him John, plain and simple.

As johnrolliemar0709 says, they didn't name the Blue Moon Village because they really needed to have a adjective in the name of their village, but because the village hides the Blue Moon Rune.
"Everytime you try to drag real life physics into a fantasy setting, God kills a catgirl!" - Please, think of the catgirls!
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I know duefiumi is a good suikoden site, actually i visited the site frequently. But, is duefiumi is the creator of suikoden series?.

Sorry for the bold letter, but it seems people always ignore the fact that neither duefimi nor suikox/suikosource are the creator of this great series.

Suikox and suikosource (i'm not sure about duefiumi) got the name Blue Moon Rune from one and only one publication published in Japan in Japanesse language.

For us (the rest of the world who cant speak/read Japanesse) there is not even one source that says the true rune Sierra bear is Blue Moon Rune. For us the source was the game itself. And in the game (Suiko2 and Suiko3) it was Moon Rune. PERIOD.
The only mystery for me was what the rune called in Suiko2 and Suiko3 original (Japan version). I'm half sure it was Moon Rune, but i donthave any proof...

So someone out there who speak Japanesse and play Suikoden please give me some info...
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

dood pipe down, it's just a name

this deliberation of the name affects nothing significant

to an extent, this thread only satisfies the urges of the topic starter

so i'm seeing this act of paranoia and preaching as completely out of place

oh and veriaqa, dood

you posted this evidence on a forum

so expect taht people will challenge this evidence

so when one forumer does challenge it, don't go losing your cool and unleashing personal attacks

that just puts you to a level i don't ever wanna go

so there
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I'm not losing my cool, i use bold letter just so people read it. Like in advertising, use huge letter to attract people to read. That's not mean that I was shouting... hence the black font not red :)

Yes it just a name, i agree with u. What's the important of it? Nothing. I agree with you.
But just like you said this thread only satisfies the urges of the topic starter and is an act of paranoia and preaching as completely out of place. :D

Yes i'm preaching to Suikoden fans about this issue. Someone doesnt agree with me; its ok. But give me some valid proof. "Duefiumi says it" was not a valid proof. I've brought my proof, so i expect some proof too.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

you lost your cool when you started mocking rolliemar's brain

ad hominem is not a beautiful picture
I've brought my proof, so i expect some proof too.
then wait for it

not snappin on everybody that comes in between
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'd have to go with "Blue Moon Village" as proof. the village is named after the rune; so the rune was once known as the Blue Moon Rune.
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

You know, The Blue Moon Rune have existed for a looong, long time. Sierra is tired of calling it Blue Moon Rune, she calls it Moon Rune. Moon Rune is just a nickname, both names are correct and refers to one True Rune.

And we are to understand that there is no other "Moon Rune" other than the one Sierra is holding. If there is, then they shouldn't call Sierra's Rune "Moon Rune."
I've some prove in Suiko 2 its name is Moon Rune.
You're right, in Suiko 2 its name is indeed Moon Rune. Maybe also in Suikoden 5. But Blue Moon Rune is also its name. It can has 2 names, can't it?
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Paler than Moon wrote:You're right, in Suiko 2 its name is indeed Moon Rune. Maybe also in Suikoden 5. But Blue Moon Rune is also its name. It can has 2 names, can't it?
You already answered that with the first part of your post. The full name of the rune is the "Blue Moon Rune" and its shortened name is the "Moon Rune".

Much in the same way the "Rune of Life and Death" is nicknamed the Souleater.
Formerly known as: Gothann
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

People always compare Souleater/Rune of Life and Death with Moon Rune/Blue Moon Rune to this problem. But they do not realise that they are two different cases.

Both Souleater and Rune of Life and Death are mentioned in the game (Souleater in S1; Rune of Life and Death in S2 Character Screen - especially in rune description). So I'm agree with people of all, that it has two names. Either Souleater the name and the other the nickname or vice versa.

But in Moon Rune case, the only name ever mentioned in the game is Moon Rune. Blue Moon Rune never mentioned in the game. (There was Blue Moon Village - but it is a village name). So if we use the same rule of canon, the name of the rune is Moon Rune who in turn gave its name to a village with some twist - Blue Moon Village. Why the village is called blue? We dont know... maybe all the villager paint their house blue... who knows.

:)
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

so the exact name "Blue Moon Rune" is not actually mentioned in any installments?

interesting...

until disproven, veriaqa might be unto something

XD
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Sorry for the double post. :)

Before in this thread, I was asking some people who know Japanesse to confirm my believe about the translation of the rune we talk in Japanesse version of the game. Well i've an answer...

From http://www.freewebs.com/ramsus-kun/Suik ... pter01.htm

"She may look like a sweet young lady on the outside,
but inside she's nothing but an arrogant and sly old woman who doesn't have an ounce of shame.
She's the legitimate successor to one of the "27 True Runes", the "Blue Moon Rune"."

*Sierra's rune is referred to as just the "Moon Rune" (????) but to stay consistent with the English translation of Suikoden, we've decided to use "Blue Moon". Also, "legitimate successor" could alternatively be translated as "rightful owner of", which may sound somewhat smoother. "Successor" does seem to be a word that's been used in connection with runes before, though...

Someone have something to say? :wink: ;) Mio?
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

meh, so the name 'Blue Moon Rune' has actually been mentioned somewhere in the Japanese version of the game

that's how I understood veriaqa's post