Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Chaco

Re: Suikoden's Fashion Sense

Post by Chaco »

That just means to say that Luc brought Sexy Back.
LOL

I think Prince dressed like a Girl, except his Knight uniform and the one he wore when he was exiled/kicked out.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Chaco! You're back!

Anyway, yeah the Prince dresses like a girl in the modern view of fashion.

But hey, most of the planet's nations' traditional clothes do look like feminine for us, right? I mean royalties wear robes and to my POV, they kinda look like skirts and look effeminate because skirts are now exclusively meant for ladies.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Twin Dragon wrote:is there anyone there liked the island nation's uniform like bernadette,nelis and yahr?
i kinda attracted also to nelis' hat and i don't know why

also i noticed shula's clothes he looks like an arabian but when it comes to nifsara and sharmista they look like indians to me or it is just me?
I liked the Obel Knight uniforms....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Chaco! You're back!

Anyway, yeah the Prince dresses like a girl in the modern view of fashion.

But hey, most of the planet's nations' traditional clothes do look like feminine for us, right? I mean royalties wear robes and to my POV, they kinda look like skirts and look effeminate because skirts are now exclusively meant for ladies.
Hello Runemaster, you need to know I never really left, I was just busy with stuff :roll: :wink:

Your right, I guess I am looking at thjings from OUR societies views and not thiers. Especially when you think of guys like Milich or Vincent, in the Suikoden World thier dress is considered very formal and elegant.
-Chaco
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Good

Flik's outfit looks AWESOME O_o Normally, it would be kinda "blech!" when I see fully matching outfit. But the way he wears the blue, he definitely rocks it. That headband also reminds me of a Street Fighter xD. I'm also referring to SUII 'cause his portrait in SUI makes him look like some little kid >_>

Viktor is also another character that played his suit well. The badass look, it just shows that he IS badass without even trying. 'Cept he does resemble a bear at times xD But either way, he has a nice fit for his body and the outfit just shows him as a normal character, with a lot of kickass in him.

Pesmerga, the knight outfit plays him perfectly. Sometimes, he doesn't look all that knight-like. He seems to have some a grin under that helmet that sometimes makes him look like a psychotic knight. Yet, he also keeps that calm image.

Clive, another "badass" character. 'Cept he's more calm and waaay more serious than Viktor. The hood gives him such a mysterious background, the outfit definitely fits his character image.

Bad

Georg... ugh, the whole brown outfit. IMO, he can't rock a fully matching colored outfit like Flik can. Especially when it's the color BROWN T_T

Hanna, at first I thought she was a guy >_> That face and the whole outfit just makes her look like a straight up tomboy. Till I actually saw a fullbody shot of her with boobies. From the back, she definitely looks like a guy warrior >_>

Zamza, another character I was gender-confused about. He wears some nomad-like outfit and man he just looks terrible at times T_T His personality does not help x)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Flik's outfit looks AWESOME O_o Normally, it would be kinda "blech!" when I see fully matching outfit. But the way he wears the blue, he definitely rocks it. That headband also reminds me of a Street Fighter xD. I'm also referring to SUII 'cause his portrait in SUI makes him look like some little kid >_>
Thats because in S1 he is a kid, he's like 17ish.

I agree with you on Zamza and Hanna, I also got gender comfused with Marco from S1, he looks like an old woman. And Conell (Sound Guy) in S2 looks very much like a girl with the way he dresses, and Melodye from S1 I thought was a boy.
-Chaco
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Chaco wrote:
Thats because in S1 he is a kid, he's like 17ish.

I agree with you on Zamza and Hanna, I also got gender comfused with Marco from S1, he looks like an old woman. And Conell (Sound Guy) in S2 looks very much like a girl with the way he dresses, and Melodye from S1 I thought was a boy.
Wait... Melodye's a girl!? LAWL, and yeah Connell too looks like an "undeveloped" little girl until I saw a different portrait of him. And Marco looked like a kid in the game sprite but he indeed looks like an old frail woman lol xD Reminds me of Cleo as well with the purple outfit x)
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Connell too looks like an "undeveloped" little girl
that word brings me back to good old Biology....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
glacier26

Post by glacier26 »

I like the Fashion of the tricksters... They are Very colorful o.o
dkwrtw

Post by dkwrtw »

I love Yuber's outfit in S3.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

dkwrtw wrote:I love Yuber's outfit in S3.
I'm neutral at it. It has the modern, cool look contrary to his equally cool, ancient armor at SII so I really can't decide.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Kasumi14

Post by Kasumi14 »

I love most of Suikoden's characters outfit, especially the heroes.
I gotta say that Tir's bandana is...very funky XD. Green with purple ends on it..? But it somehow just..match with his reddish clothes, so it's good.
Riou's outfit, for me, is the most plain. It didn't make much impression on me - for me it makes him look a bit bland and doesn't stand out too much. But that's just my opinion XD.
Out of all Tenkais, I gotta say I love Lazlo's outfit the most. The simple black outfit and the bandana,it's just plain cool. Looks pretty comfy too.
Frey gotta be the most fashionable out of the Tenkais, IMO. His outfit does make him look girlish (and I really like his 'peasant''s outfit..it makes him like cosplaying of Tir XD.)

Ted's clothes in S1 and 4 are pretty cool too. Simple, yet fashionable, I think (gotta love that coat and pants :D).
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Riou's outfit, for me, is the most plain. It didn't make much impression on me - for me it makes him look a bit bland and doesn't stand out too much. But that's just my opinion XD.

Out of all Tenkais, I gotta say I love Lazlo's outfit the most. The simple black outfit and the bandana,it's just plain cool. Looks pretty comfy too.
I like Lazlo's outfit the best as well actually, I think it looks cool on him and the bandana is awesome.

I found Riou's outfit stood out because of the circlet. Most guys don't tend to wear them and I was always trying to figure out why he had the thing on, then I found out his Gransfather gave it to him. To me Riou's outfit is so...Riou. It represents his personality.

My least favorite hero outfit was Thomas, THAT was a bland outfit.
-Chaco
Kasumi14

Post by Kasumi14 »

Yeah, the circlet really stood out the most of Riou (it reminds me a lot of Saiyuuki). Riou actually gives out the impression to me of a simple plain boy, that's why I described his outfit like that (the leggings ;D).

Thomas outfit's is just like normal nobleman outfit, I think (perhaps it was mean to stop the trend that Tenkai Stars have to wear Reddish-Chinese-style outfit until Suikoden 4, before it was returned again at Suiko 5.)
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Kasumi14 wrote:Yeah, the circlet really stood out the most of Riou (it reminds me a lot of Saiyuuki).
Wow! That's how I remember it too lol, by Saiyuki you meant San Goku's headware right :|? But anyways, Riou gives me a normal boy outfit that shows not all heroes hafta be all magical and such >_> Tir's headware was pretty weird but it fit him very well, in a good thing as it looked pretty good on him.