Zweig and Suiko2 Old Book 2 Sindar explorer same??

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Zweig and Suiko2 Old Book 2 Sindar explorer same??

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Or, and I know this is a completely crazy idea, it's a complete nobody who has no relevance to series what-so-ever beyond writing that book and as such has no reason to ever appear in any game again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

You're right, that's an absolutely crazy idea. You should forget about it :shock: :shock: :o
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Or, and I know this is a completely crazy idea, it's a complete nobody who has no relevance to series what-so-ever beyond writing that book and as such has no reason to ever appear in any game again.
While thats a possibility and heaven knows theres a ton of them, I dont believe its some nameless unimportant guy like you said, the Sindar are what drive the Suikoden story as a whole. It's obvious that the political warfare among countries is just a small seperate plot in the story itself because the story will eventually lead up to who the Sindar really are and what will lead from there, and the explorers of the ruins are what fuel it and cause the story to continue to unfold. I highly doubt they'd make a nameless explorer, he just hasn't been revealed yet, it doesn't mean that he wont ever be. I agree that its probably another man who has yet to be revealed until future Suikoden's, not really Zweig per se, he seemed smarter than that to die in such a way, though again, its possible just as a lot of things in Suikoden but until its confirmed officially, its mere speculation.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Or, and I know this is a completely crazy idea, it's a complete nobody who has no relevance to series what-so-ever beyond writing that book and as such has no reason to ever appear in any game again.
Ummm, sorry to burst your bubble, but that kind of thing has never happened in any of the Suikoden games... ; :wink:
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

That also plays a role. ^
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

What are you talking about? How many old book authors are actually named? Honestly? Not many. You're looking for something that just isn't there.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Because most Old Book author's write interesting books about Rare Finds, the Lottery oder history.

Isn't there an old Book in S I written by Crowley? I think there is something like that...

Additionally, how many Sindar explorers/researchers do we know? Killey, Lorelai, Zweig and Alex(who is imo not a real scientist... a Sinderologist?^^)... I don't remember any other non-Star explorer.

However, I don't expect too much. It would be just nice to see in the Ending screen, when you see what the SoDs are doing after the war something like "Leaves to explore Sindar Ruins in Dunan, only to die there without ever solving their mystery...". One would know "Oh, he's the author of Old Book No2. Nice."
Genoh

Post by Genoh »

I mean, Konami hadn't even conceived S5 or Zweig when they made S2 and the Old Book, so it seems to be really unlikely that the two are connected. It's just the whole wooden amulet fiasco all over again.
Just because they hadn't conceived of Suikoden V at the time, doesn't mean that they couldn't have intended Zweig to be the writer of the book. Seeing as the author is unnamed, after Suikoden II, they could make it anybody they wanted to so long as the book was written by someone who died before the events of Suikoden II.

Though in this case, it seems unlikely as they would've likely hinted to it a bit more.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

VinceValentine wrote:
While thats a possibility and heaven knows theres a ton of them, I dont believe its some nameless unimportant guy like you said, the Sindar are what drive the Suikoden story as a whole. It's obvious that the political warfare among countries is just a small seperate plot in the story itself because the story will eventually lead up to who the Sindar really are and what will lead from there, and the explorers of the ruins are what fuel it and cause the story to continue to unfold. I highly doubt they'd make a nameless explorer, he just hasn't been revealed yet, it doesn't mean that he wont ever be. I agree that its probably another man who has yet to be revealed until future Suikoden's, not really Zweig per se, he seemed smarter than that to die in such a way, though again, its possible just as a lot of things in Suikoden but until its confirmed officially, its mere speculation.
I may be wrong about this, but I dont seem to remember ANY Sindar Ruins in Suikoden 4.
Genoh wrote:
I mean, Konami hadn't even conceived S5 or Zweig when they made S2 and the Old Book, so it seems to be really unlikely that the two are connected. It's just the whole wooden amulet fiasco all over again.
Just because they hadn't conceived of Suikoden V at the time, doesn't mean that they couldn't have intended Zweig to be the writer of the book. Seeing as the author is unnamed, after Suikoden II, they could make it anybody they wanted to so long as the book was written by someone who died before the events of Suikoden II.

Though in this case, it seems unlikely as they would've likely hinted to it a bit more.
You see this is whats great about Suikoden, the stories are all interconnected, and as they make more stories they make little connections between things we'd have never seen, and they are utterly believable. So I may be one to say this theory is unlikely (cuz it is) but Suikoden is a great series, and they may draw a connection like this in the future.