Who is the character you are most interested in?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Captain Tenneal

Re: Who is the character you are most interested in?

Post by Captain Tenneal »

Heh, casting guys in the role of Juliet resulted in some funny antics. I forgot about the duck village incident. A duck doing yoga! Jacques was good in the plays, too. I found it interesting that he carried around tomato juice.

I guess the question for Noraibah would be, what characters don't you find interesting?

The St. Loa Knights! And their hideout, I thought that was a funny side. It would be interesting to see where they took that.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Yeah, seeing them in the future as adults with Louis, Cecile, Thomas and the other younger kids would be cool. As for the plays, have you ever tried Ayame as Juliet? She's hilarious.

As for non-interesting characters, well, that would be a long ass list, considering all of the non-plot related characters in each game. Although not one comes to mind without me looking them up, perhaps because they aren't interesting enough to remember :)
Captain Tenneal

Post by Captain Tenneal »

I should try that, this discussion sparked my memory of the plays and I might check it out tonight, might even dig out my old Suikoden II save and run around the castle.

With 108 characters (that don't all repeat) across several games it would be a daunting task.
Ayu.Craz-azn

Post by Ayu.Craz-azn »

S1 Morgan- blind, possibly former gladiator, now living in a monastery.... interest piqued!
S2 Culgan and Seed - so much unexplored depth!
S3 Albert or the Alma Kinan clan - need i say anything for the clan....
S4 None, they happened to not give enough information to be interested in most things....
SR Simeon - wow uber mage randomly living in some random town
S5 Skald or Byakuren - Skald's history as an admiral and as the Egan family head, and Byakuren is a giant white snake
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Ayu.Craz-azn wrote:S1 Morgan- blind, possibly former gladiator, now living in a monastery.... interest piqued!
S4 None, they happened to not give enough information to be interested in most things....
S5 Skald or Byakuren - Skald's history as an admiral and as the Egan family head, and Byakuren is a giant white snake
I'm actually very interested in Skald Egan myself. Whats his relation to Ferid? They do both share Eagan as their last names. I often wondered if they were brothers, Skald probaly being the older one. This is totaly hypothetical, maybe Skald is the older brother or cousin and because he came through the ranks which eventually leads him to being the Commander of the Island Nations Fleet, did that make Ferid take his own route to fame. Because Skald was in a high position was that the reason Ferid decided to leave the Island Nations to compete in the Sacred Games. I'm probaly more interested in Ferid because how they portray him to be legendary like Georg Prime. Especialy Kyle's comments have my interested: "not One of the Queens Knights can match Georg in combat without runes except maybe his majesty Ferid." That has always piqued my interest.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Belcoot4 wrote:
Ayu.Craz-azn wrote:S1 Morgan- blind, possibly former gladiator, now living in a monastery.... interest piqued!
I'm actually very interested in Skald Egan myself. Whats his relation to Ferid? They do both share Eagan as their last names. I often wondered if they were brothers, Skald probaly being the older one. This is totaly hypothetical, maybe Skald is the older brother or cousin and because he came through the ranks which eventually leads him to being the Commander of the Island Nations Fleet, did that make Ferid take his own route to fame. Because Skald was in a high position was that the reason Ferid decided to leave the Island Nations to compete in the Sacred Games. I'm probaly more interested in Ferid because how they portray him to be legendary like Georg Prime. Especialy Kyle's comments have my interested: "not One of the Queens Knights can match Georg in combat without runes except maybe his majesty Ferid." That has always piqued my interest.
Ferid is Skald's son.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

wow really so that makes Bernadette Ferid's sister and also Frey's aunt if I'm correct?
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

When Oboro investigates Bernadette, he talks about having talked to Georg. Georg said something about Bernadette being in the same position to the prince as Sialeeds, and then Oboro says "whatever that means." I don't know where the definite information comes from that Ferid was Skald's son, but once you know the truth, the dialogue between Georg and Skald at Nirva Island makes more sense. It's really pretty interesting.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

- Hikusaak : this person is so mysterious.. i think he's the final boss of suikoden series..

- Luc n Sasarai : how does it end?? i dunno,, n why after all the truth from luc,sasarai still stick to the crystall palace??

- Yuber n Pesmerga : Yup, this so called BFF still like "Question Mark" for all suikoden Fans..
are they both will be the keys of suikoden funal story like the rumors said.. hmm.. :?:
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Post by avenger »

this can be confusing...guah ha ha..

ummmmm....................
ok look for me i can tell you who interested me the most in each game. and who i wanted to know more about.. soooo..

game one i was wanting to know more about ms kimberly and her past....

game two i wanted to know more about Sierra. who was she and what was her past like?

game three i kinda want to see the three xexen knights grow up and be in another game.

game four that is easy i want to know more about ms Elenor.. maybe she can be in a future game and younger???

tactics uhhhh i really got my taste with brandeau so that's all that interrested me here.

game five Lun and her family. i hope to see more of them. i loved this family.
Mise

Post by Mise »

A certain specific pair comes to mind. If you check the timeline, the duel between Mazus and Crowley occur five years before Crowley is born, and even longer before Mazus is born. Did they have the help of a certain blinking rune user? Such doesn't seem very likely, but I would like some clarification from this.
It is no coincidence that man's best friend is incapable of speech.
Teck

Post by Teck »

Way to pose a tough question.... Well, even just 1 character from each game is hard, but here's my shot I suppose:

s1: Flik
s2: Clive
s3: Percival
s4: Mizuki (It's been too long since I played so it's hazy)
s5: Ferid
She walks in beauty like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies.... - Lord George Gordon Noel Byron
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

S1: Humphrey...how did he get to be involved with Odessa
S2: Shin always kind of interested me...especially being from so far away from Greenhill. How did he get there?!
S3: Luc...he is by far my favorite character...I would like to know what he did in the 15 years between S2 and S3

its been too long since Ive played S4 and S5 to remember anybody.

Ill update after I play them here shortly.
MAD 01-08-2004
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Matthew McDohl wrote:S1: Humphrey...how did he get to be involved with Odessa
S2: Shin always kind of interested me...especially being from so far away from Greenhill. How did he get there?!
S3: Luc...he is by far my favorite character...I would like to know what he did in the 15 years between S2 and S3

its been too long since Ive played S4 and S5 to remember anybody.

Ill update after I play them here shortly.
For Luc, i think he was facing with his thoughts in that years,you can see in suikoden 3 manga/comic if you want to know the story (well not in depth of course).
Chaos will suit me just fine
TheSeraphicRadiance

Post by TheSeraphicRadiance »

For me, it would have to be Ted.

I just hope there is some way, that we will see more to him in future games, although it seems unlikely.