Who is the character you are most interested in?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mio
Banned User

Who is the character you are most interested in?

Post by Mio »

In the entire Suikoden series

-oooOOOOKAAAY, if you cannot stick to just one, go ahead and name a few or for each series-

which of the characters you've become very interested in?

guide criteria: The first (if gameplay allows) that you investigate (if investigate function is present)

i'm also searching within me for my answer... maybe i'll come up with it later
Last edited by Mio on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RangerDeon

Re: Who is the character you are most interested in?

Post by RangerDeon »

I cannot chose. I could tell you a person from each game though.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

RangerDeon wrote:I cannot chose. I could tell you a person from each game though.

I agree with RangerDeon, there are over 500 people to choose from, it's hard to choose just one, but from each game in would look something like this for me:

S1-Leon Silverberg
S2-Jowy Blight
S3-Geddoe
S4-Troy
ST-Walter
S5-Ferid Egan
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Of ALL games? Well...Sue me with you want, but my favorite character is Killey. He's background is enigmatic, he is a enigma himself...I liked his personality too, and his clothes are nice XD
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I do like Lorelai though. Love her. And solely because her name is the same as Lorelai Gilmore. . but. .

Is I were to have to choose it'd have to be her, I guess.

But. . .I'm so indecisive about this. . .

Tomorrow, no, in a few minutes, I probably come back with another person.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Did i sayed Killey? Nah nervermind...I'm undecised too, guess i rushed a little bit
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Iku

Post by Iku »

lets not make this into a list topic otherwise itll be locked, lets explain our choices!
I know apple hase been on three games but i seriously would like to seee her in more of a leading role, kinda like how she was portrayed in the manga. i think out of all the character who share her star shes the most interesting but in each game shes left in the shadows by the silverburgs.
Out of all the characters i find sialeeds the most interesting, i know we'll never see her again and i dont really want to, but i found her a really good female character without being fan service or put there to fight gendar stereotypes, also her voice acting was really good.
i really like the speculation over her betrayal and how some people hate her for it, for me it personally added another dimension to her character, making her more intelligent and cunning.
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
anakputa

Post by anakputa »

i am interested on how powerful hikusaak is

he beat kingdom of aronia, but they were beaten by the warrior's village!!! gyaaaaah!

maybe warrior's village is not the same as it was, zorak leading it and all...
Yeah, Sierra, all this sun makes us cranky...
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Hikusaak is definately one interesting and albeit a mysterous and unknown character, we've only heard things about him but as far as we can tell he plays a very major role in the series especially from what we saw in SIII. Its just a matter of time when he finally reveals himself and we get see what hes really about. I'm sure hes also extremely powerful since Luc and Sasarai were only mere clones of him...
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
bidaman

Post by bidaman »

characters huh?

aside from the guy that hangs from the ceiling on suikoden 2, (check out my post (^_^),

i would like to know more about genkaku from suikoden 2.. also his bestfriend.. maybe we can actually see them in action in future suiko games...

hanna looks cool but thats all that i can say about her..

rikimaru seems cool at first..

oh yeah! genshu. i forgot about that guy..

this gives me an idea! time for a new post!
"this too is training..."

Banned User

Post by Mio »

oh my...

a Han Cunningham and Genkaku sideplot in future installments? (like Ted's sideplot)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Also people remember to add a discussion, I don't want to see this topic get locked.

Uh, I would have to say Ted, Sierra and Chaco are my favorties.

Ted it's almost obvious why I like him, but I'll say anyway. He's cool and has a great backstory, not to mention two appearances in Suikoden 1 and 4. He's one of those "Trajic" characters.

Sierra was always a fav of mine, she has a very interesting backstory, is powerful, attractive and is a vampire, which is cool in itself. I've always liked the Nash and Sierra match up many have thought about, especially after getting the rare chance to play the Suikogaiden series and seeing thier relationship in that.

Chaco for some reason I've always liked. I think it's because of his childish yet clever nature. He knew of Kiba's plans right off the bat and tried to warn the humans. And if not for him Two-River would of lost to highland for sure, I mean he showed Riou the underground Sewers and also was the perfect character to show the relationship between the three races and the typical "winger" steryotype turning into more of a untypical one. Even if he didn't mean it he helped a lot during that section of the game, he also helped open the gate to Muse later in the game as well using his usefull wings. Not to mention he was a very good character in battle, although a lot of people don't realize this, he has exellent stats.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
misakinina

Post by misakinina »

Whoa, that's a toughie...but to name a few...XD

Suikoden - Ted
Suikoden II - Nanami pwns (Comedy Gold Mine and my counterpart? XD)
Suikoden III - Cecile...cause she's like...Nanami?
Suikoden IV - Er...Kika? Yeah...Flare is nice too.
Suikoden V - Miakis FTW! ...oh, and Lyon too. =)) XD
"There must have been some rough meals for Riou growing up. Let's hear it for Nanami!!!"

"Huh?! What do you mean!!!!"
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I've always liked Riou because he started from nothing and managed to built up a great army, with the exception of Flik and Victor's help...but other than the main character, I've always found Clive's story....ummm...good (can't really explain it in words, but I like it)...Sierra is awesome, for the same reasons Chaco described (never did like Chaco the character though), even though she doesn't really have a story I liked Mitsuba...also how everyone is always curious about Jeane, like the way no one knows what race she is and how she has the charm rune and noone knows why she needs it. I like Lorelai's background, as one of the last Sindar she seeks to find clues about how her race worked...ummm Mazus and Crowley's story is cool, flatting out a mountain would require a pretty good amount of strength, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about them. Yeah I'd really like to hear alot more about Han and Genkaku too, like what they did before they got their pieces of the rune of begining...if for some reason they put Ted in a new game I'd like to time travel with him to see that, not as a main part of the story but as a side quest that is both very long and hard to do but still accomplish-able on your first run. Rina, Ellie and Bolgan's story was fun (Suikogaidens...wish I can read it though, and that probably didn't make any sense) But summarizing it I pretty much Enjoyed all the character's background from Suikoden 2, I mean who dosen't? (suprised no one has said Flik and/ or Victor's yet) But right now my favorite background story in all of Suikoden would have to be....Sierra's, she is a vampire fighting to get her Blue Moon rune back from Necklord who was greedy and stole it from the center of Sierra's vampire village, taking away every vampire's immortality (besides Sierra's) turning them to blood.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Im interested in a LOT of characters. Killey, Zerase,Jeane,Viki,Maxine,Pesmerga,Yuber,Luc,Mazus... sorry for the long list!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!