Time of the month:a rant about female characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Nanami was one of my favorite females, combat wise. She had mediocre physical attack and deadly speed. Giving her a Gale and Spark rune will always make your party attack before the enemy. (that is if you choose attack with her.) Also it was fun to use a Gale, Double Beat, Technique rune combo to gain lots of potch.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Argento Breesa wrote:I think that Nanami was strong no matter what. She's awesome in combat and I liked her in my party. Just attach Double-Beat, Fury, and Gale and she kicks everone's ass!!! :P
Can't be done unless you use GS or something. Nanami only has 2 rune slots.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Yeah, I agree that Nanami is one of the best fighting characters, especially when you equip Balance rune on her. That way when she uses her Unite ATK with Hero she won't become unbalanced after that. And that Unite ATK is one of the most powerful in the game. Deffinitly useful against bosses!

And she's also charismatic (I almost cryed my eyes out when she died....).
So what I'm trying to say is- NANAMI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Maldonado wrote:Yeah, I agree that Nanami is one of the best fighting characters, especially when you equip Balance rune on her. That way when she uses her Unite ATK with Hero she won't become unbalanced after that. And that Unite ATK is one of the most powerful in the game. Deffinitly useful against bosses!

And she's also charismatic (I almost cryed my eyes out when she died....).
So what I'm trying to say is- NANAMI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So very true. :D Nanmi is also a source of some laughs during the game.
"If you have nothing better to say to me, then leave me alone." -me
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

cleo,sarah( s 1) millie and mel are very good at magic give them good magic and they will help u with their strong magic and the funniest part is they are some of my fav characters
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Cleo and Mel are really good with magic. Especially when Mel has Lightning/Thunder magic!!! Her skill goes up to S!! :D

But could Sarah from S1 fight? :? I think it's Sarah from S3 that had really good magic skill.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Now that you mention it, Sarah (from S1) was a pretty good fighter. All her stats were mediocre, and her only weakness was luck.

Sonya Shulen was a pretty good fighter too. I'm checking out the GS1 Stat Growth Charts, and I just noticed that she has a good PWR growth.

I'll go check out my Suikoden II game. I leveled everyone up to Level 99 (except Nanami and Genshu) and compare notes. The best female tank was Oulan IMO. The best offensive fighter is a close call between Wakaba and Valeria. Best mage is Sierra.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I'd have to say Wakaba over Valeria, only because of her badass unite with LC Chan. She has very high tech as well, and can dish out some pretty good damage. Her defense or magic defense, i forget which, is worse than Valeria's though.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Blitzkrieg

Post by Blitzkrieg »

Milia anyone? She's strong as crap, I'm going to compare her to Sonya later on...or if someone has some time....*wink, wink*
"We are forgotten in times of peace. It's only
when war looms that people remember we exist."
-The Great Leon Silverburg
Argento Breesa

Post by Argento Breesa »

Valeria and Sonya both are really good as well. I always have to have her in my party with that strong Falcon Rune.
CameoChic444

Post by CameoChic444 »

I've just been replaying S1 and Sonya rules! Her magic is about the same as the main characters, possibly a few points above. Her power is almost exactly the same as his ( into the 160's by lvl 60). Sonya also has slightly more hps than the the main character and I think she ranks 4th overall in speed after Stallion, Kasumi and Krin ( mid 180's by lvl 60). If she was in S3 with that power and speed she would really go to town. Her skill is in the late 140's, so no slouch there either. Defence is her main "weakness" but it is still into the 130's and her armour level more than compensates - she can use a shield and equip the best helm. Her luck is very average but so what and it is still comfortably past 100.

Oh and when I said "even" Flik and the main man can beat Valeria on pwr, I meant it in the sense that they are strong but are much more balanced overall, while Valeria has pwr, which they can equal or beat, and def but not a lot eles.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Sorry to bring this post back up, but oh well.

I tend to pick my characters by their appeal. I loved Kasumi, Wakaba, L. C. Chan, Tir, Riou, and Clive as my main group fro Suikoden II (though Pesmerga, and L. C. Chan were at a constant struggle for last spot on the front row). I make all of my main characters strong enough to beat the game comfortably, not to dish out 9999 damage.

Kasumi took about 900+ damage with her Shrike attack, and that was enough for me to be happy with her in battle. And that's just with adding a Fury rune, and playing the game normally. She's my fave Suikoden character, and seeing her doing her Shrike attack in SII was awesome. Noticed that at random intervals, her 'skirt' comes up, and you can see her panties? Not trying to weird anyone out, just stating a fact, that I noticed personally.

Wakaba and L. C. Chan obviously because of their awesome attack when equipped with Fury runes. (Wakaba did do that attack WITHOUT L. C. Chan in the final battle. Anyone know how?) Also, because they kickass, and their regular attack looks cool. Chun-Li anyone? I also loved Wakaba as a character, and LC was cool too.

Pesmerga because he's just badass, heh.

Clive because he was badass as well, and I'm not into mages much, so I needed a strong enough back row attacker.

Tir because he's just the man, and he SPEAKS if you have him in your party! That and he's my fave male character. Soul Eater ownz, and I love the whole idea of a Kasumi/Tir pairing, so they need to be together in battles, heh.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Suikoden one Camille and Cleo were essencial to my party. Basically let camille hit hard and give Cleo a fire elemental rune and let her do massive damage when needed or let her do moderate damage on weak creatures from the back row.

Suikoden 2 as people keep saying the several names over and over who simply were very efficient. While often the male counterparts like Humphrey had the best armor and strongest stats, often the female mage warriors had much better magic defence because most of the tank males really could not take an bolt to the chest.

And Suikoden 3 you had Emily, Cecile and Shabon who were all massively overpowered. Emily had the neverending combos it seemed, Cecile could equip heavy armor and Shabon was just strong. Now compare to some of the guys of three such as Melville or Thomas. Heck, one of your better playable mages was Sasarai who had quite possibly the lowest strength stat. So in a brawl Shabon who is under 10 years old would beat the living daylights out of him. And you had a couple good female mages, namely Estella and the Alma Kinan girls.

Certainly doesn't seem to biased considering there are pretty useless male characters as well as females.
So yeah I would say it
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

Shabon was a very bad joke. One of the best characters easily, but it was just ridiculous. Even if she was a boy, and many years older, she was still so strong it was ridiculous. Cecile too, that little girl had NO business being that strong, hell nobody did, she was like Humphrey or Georg on roids...Emily is better i think because hey, she trains her butt off and its almost believable that she could be that strong, but Shabon dealing out damage far greater than the strongest, highest trained swordsmen in your army is kinda silly i think....

as for magic, what would make females better inherently? guys would be just as good. Mazus, Crowley, Luc on the guys side, then for Girls you have Sarah, Estella, Jeane....not to mention the two biggest in the entire series, Leknaat and Windy....As far as magic goes i think it is fairly balanced. and physically, generally guys are stronger...however in this series whoever can equip 3 runes is the strongest anyways, the sex does not matter...thats why Killey and Sheena = better than you =p