Time of the month:a rant about female characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I gotta disagree with that

I never used tuta but then just to level him up I put him in my party and during the battle I noticed when 1 of my characters got hurt that they were suddenly healed

Tuta was healing them and he does so quite frequently, hes A great character to keep in the back row, especially if his weapon is sharpened all the way

note: I put the medicine rune on lots of other people and none of them healed as much as tuta or frequently as him
Albert Silverberg

Post by Albert Silverberg »

Okay about the females in S1 and 2 there few good ones S3 had more, but in S4, it gets a lot better. Lemme See, I'm counting 7 that I obviously use more than the other males, although in terms of magic the best for me is one guy you're all dying to see to make a return in the Suikoden series :!:

Oh yeah, and your strategist this time is a female, and it isn't Apple.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

No, but she's a Silverberg.....LOL

Is it me, or do all the Silverbergs have problems?

The progression of the females in the series has been very good. I thought Tuta was female as well, and I thought how coll it would have been to have a female doctor....

Imagine my disappointment......

But, you know, I always thought Tengaar was a pretty good fighter. I used her in both games.

But, I think SIV has one of the best balances of playable male and female characters--both magically and physically.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

I still think Shabon is one of the best female fighters. She's not only underrated because of her age and small size but she's also always looked as weak. With her skills maxed, Shabon kicked as much ass as Juan and Emily. It's refreshing to see Yuber's ass get kicked by a six year old girl.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

I'm going to have to try her against Yuber.

If I remember--she had a good speed, too, right?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

She has 05 growth, so she's just average, but she has an A in Swing, and a light weapon, so she can get up to 6 swings. She's a much better fighter than Emily cause she gets three free rune slots, while Emily gets only one.
Torou

Post by Torou »

Yeah, you DO need to play Suikoden III. I'll talk about a few of my favorite girls from that game.

Emily's praises have been sung of for months; she's right up there with Juan in terms of the best pure offensive character, but Emily has a slight upper hand in that while Juan is stuck with a Rune that limits him, she has no such disadvantage, so you don't have to waste an equipment slot countering it. At the upper echelon, she's capable of defeating the final boss by herself. With a Dragon Scale and a Fury or Gale Rune, she's unstoppable. Even some of the treasure bosses couldn't hope to survive the first round.

Chris Lightfellow, a.k.a. the TANK of Zexen, is damn near invincible at the upper levels. Of the three main characters, I find that she takes the least damage. Hugo may attack more and Geddoe may be a superior mage-fighter, but I've seen Chris clean out a field of fighters with all of her stats at only B grade. Landing heavy, critical strikes, parrying, taking a meager 1 damage at times with her insane Armor Protect...geez.

Yuiri of the Alma Kinan is not only one of the best archers in the game, but one of the best Wind Mages- in that, she has a slight advantage over Jacques, who despite being a superior archer has terrible magic skills. You slap Fury and Cyclone Runes on Yuiri, max out her grades, slap on an item to boost her Wind Magic, and you've got a nearly unmatched support fighter.

I do think it's just about even in S3 between male and female in terms of potential- in terms of use, though, I tend to cycle characters in and out of my party quite a bit...
Last edited by Torou on Wed May 18, 2005 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Branny

Post by Branny »

I think Konami read this topic while making S4..I mean, holy shibby.

Kika, Mitsuba, Mizuki, Millay, Helga, Jeane, Viki, Paula, Ameria, Gretchen, Selma, Jewel, Katarina, Kate..

Just, wow. There's almost no reason to use a MALE in s4. :p
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Strangely enough, I never used a female for the final battle... although I did use Ameria and Millay for the fight with Graham Cray.
Branny

Post by Branny »

I think personally that Ameria, Millay, and Mizuki are overpowered.

They're like..super steroid mage fighters.

My Ameria hits harder than Tal (Physical) and Has 8\4\2\1 magic rating when Tal has 5\2\1.

Tal is meant to be a pure fighter, right?

Ameria is super strong.
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
silvershadow27

Post by silvershadow27 »

Mizuki (s4 ) is a total lookalike to Cheryl Tweedy Girls Aloud! And she was one of my favourite female chars in s4!
2005 NLE CHAMPS- THE MIGHTY MARLINS!

mail me! silverphoenix741@yahoo.com
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

I see what you're saying. Yes, a lot of female characters fall to fantasy stereotypes (fantasy stereotypes meaning all female roles use white magic and fight with weak projectile weaponry.)

In reality, men have superior physical strength to women. (As much as I hate to admit that I'm inferior in one aspect.)

Aaaaanyways.

I found some of the female characters to be very useful--sometimes even more useful than my choice male characters. I was able to kick a lot of asses with Nanami, Kika, Chris Lightfellow, and Queen.
Hero of Punishment

Post by Hero of Punishment »

Kika beats a lot of those stereotypes to death, in their sleep, with about a dozen or so Rune Cannons. She's not just a swordswoman, like Chris, Valeria, Anita, and Queen, but Kika's also a duel-wielding pirate captain. The keyword there is PIRATE. How many woman pirate captains are there in RPGs these days?

Kika rocks.
~The Rune of Punishment can never fall into another's hand, for if it does, the cycle of Atonement will continue again...
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Not to mention there is an entire society of beautiful yet intellegent women and a female - dominated society in the south

And Katarina of the Gaian Knights became their General after the war

Lucia was the Village Chief with beauty and power

Chris was powerful and beautiful and the most feared warrior in all of Zexen

[spoiler]Dont forget that in 5 the main character is a prince, and you know that royalty have to have a bodyguard right. Well guess what! The princes bodyguard is a GIRRRLLL, not some big husky dude. [/spoiler]

Dont forget about Sheena's!

O yah! Forget about Leknaat and Windy? The mages with unspeakable power? BOTH WOMEN

Suikoden is in NO WAY SHOVENISTIC! It gives female players what they want( kick ass women who are itellegent and sexy) and guys what the guys want No SEXISM IN SUIKODEN!!!
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Time of the month:a rant about female characters

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

I don't really look at the stats that much, but one thing I've read is that if you level up Valeria and get her to use her critical falcon-rune attack she can actually break the damage limit. So speaking simply in terms of dealing damage-points the strongest character in the whole world of Suikoden would have to be Valeria.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!