Ernst

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Ernst

Post by KFCrispy »

as far as we know, they're nothing alike other than the fact that they grant some power of transformation. the True Beast Rune never transformed anyone, btw.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

It didn't transform anyone? I thought it did in SII with the ritual thing, correct me if I'm wrong.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

VinceValentine wrote:It didn't transform anyone? I thought it did in SII with the ritual thing, correct me if I'm wrong.
if you meant the ritual in Muse where those golden wolves appeared

well, we didn't ACTUALLY saw anybody transform right?

all citizens of Muse died as a sacrifice to unleash the True Beast Rune's power

this prolly was the plan

lure Riou to Muse (peace treaty)

sacrifice the people of Muse to unleash the golden wolves

golden wolves should devour Riou's party while being trapped inside the city

the plan didnt work due to Chaco
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

No, we didn't see anyone transform but I always thought that some of the towns citizens transformed into those golden wolves as part of the ritual but my memory is a little foggy on this, its been awhile since I've seen that part.

Also, didn't Leon Silverberg use the ritual for the Beast rune before the final battle? I always thought he transformed also...
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

VinceValentine wrote:No, we didn't see anyone transform but I always thought that some of the towns citizens transformed into those golden wolves as part of the ritual but my memory is a little foggy on this, its been awhile since I've seen that part.

Also, didn't Leon Silverberg use the ritual for the Beast rune before the final battle? I always thought he transformed also...
Leon unleashed the Beast rune once the PC party showed up so that they could beat it. He did not transform. Rather, he unleashed the rune and then ran off to let the PCs handle it.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

O_O Then where did Leon go after that if he did'nt transform into the Beast Rune? Did it just take his life as a sacrifice?
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Redheim wrote:O_O Then where did Leon go after that if he did'nt transform into the Beast Rune? Did it just take his life as a sacrifice?
I believe it just took his blood as the sacrifice to be unleashed. But he escaped afterward.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Well that does make sense, but where did you get this information from? or is it confirmed in the game itself and we just didnt notice?

My main reason for thinking he transformed is because well, most of the final bosses in Suikoden transform into something, Barbarossa from SI, Godwin from SV, Graham from SIV, Luc from SIII and ect.

it would be kind of natural to think that the Beast rune would transform someone anyway.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

VinceValentine wrote:Well that does make sense, but where did you get this information from? or is it confirmed in the game itself and we just didnt notice?

My main reason for thinking he transformed is because well, most of the final bosses in Suikoden transform into something, Barbarossa from SI, Godwin from SV, Graham from SIV, Luc from SIII and ect.

it would be kind of natural to think that the Beast rune would transform someone anyway.
It is both in the game and confirmed on a little site I like to call Suikosource. Look up his character profile on the main page.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I'll do just that then, thanks for clearing that up. I was kind of confused about it I admit, even after playing the game a million times. Though its strange that I couldnt notice it in the game but I guess I just assumed that since every other Suikoden final boss transformed that Leon would too. I thought it was the general thing for final bosses in Suikoden to do sorta speak.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

VinceValentine wrote:Well that does make sense, but where did you get this information from? or is it confirmed in the game itself and we just didnt notice?

False.
Leon summoned the Beast Rune, Luc summoned the Wind Rincar, Graham Cray brought life to the Giant Tree "that was summoned into this world by Warlock and sold to the Kooluk Empire"-Tactics.
These people never acutally transformed into the final boss monsters.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

What's so off about Bob's and Ernst's runes not being children of the Beast rune? It obviously deals with transformation
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:

False.
Leon summoned the Beast Rune, Luc summoned the Wind Rincar, Graham Cray brought life to the Giant Tree "that was summoned into this world by Warlock and sold to the Kooluk Empire"-Tactics.
These people never acutally transformed into the final boss monsters.
I think Barbarossa was the only one to actually transform.

S1 - The Sovereign Rune grants its bearer the ability to transform into the Golden Hydra.
S2 - Leon offered a blood sacrifice to the Beast Rune to summon the Silver Wolf
S3 - Not completely sure on this one. I'm assuming the True Wind Rune was able to manifest itself into the Wind Rincar with the added power of the other elemental runes.
S4 - Graham Cray awakened the Giant Tree which was summoned by Warlock, and was used as a source of ammunition for the rune cannons that were used in the region at the time.
S5 - Godwin summoned the Sun Rune's living incarnation and was apparently vaporized by its power in the process.
PSN: FreshMetal80
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Vermillion.Twilight wrote:What's so off about Bob's and Ernst's runes not being children of the Beast rune? It obviously deals with transformation
because the True Beast Rune has never transformed anybody. we don't know what kind of powers the True Beast Rune has other than the fact that it gets stronger with blood (hence the sacrifice, and breaking the seal w/blood).

you fight a large 3-headed silver wolf in the end of Suikoden II, but all true runes seem to have some animal/form they're associated with when you fight them (plus how else are you supposed to depict the battle, just your party vs a symbol lying on the ground or floating in the air?).
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

kfc is right, the beast rune from suikoden II never transformed anybody, whereas the rabid fang and beast rune that ersnt has did. I dont believe the cursed rune ersnt carries is a child rune of the beast rune the blight family carried. Someone mentioned the flowing and water runes being child runes of the true water, which they are, and that makes sense because the have the same characteristics and powers of the true water rune. Ersnt however doesnt have blood lust of any sort, he can control himself as a leapord, hell he can even do tricks, thats why i dont his rune is a child rune of the beast rune from SII.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor