Suikoden with the best and worst named characters?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sagiri

Re: Suikoden with the best and worst named characters?

Post by Sagiri »

'Bear' suits Zegai more... And on the other hand, isn't 'bear' the name given to Viktor by someone at some point?
It was Hix who said that. Hix and Tengaar seem to go together very well, just by the way it sounds.
Hix said something like Viktor was a bear man.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Is it just me or is Lyon's real name, "Mismar" another name for the star, Polaris?

It's probably one of the more profound things I dug up through my continuous random archiving I did all night long. Seriously, this changes my perspective of the name itself. I think Mismar is a beautiful name now. And not just an oddball.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Mismar is the ancient Mesopotamian name for the Polaris(technically it's an older name too, so Polaris is another name for it). I can't remember for sure, but wasn't Lyon an orphan found by Nether gate, who then named her Mismar, so wouldn't she have 3rd name from before Nether gate? I remember Oboro saying Ferid asked him to find her real parents(whom I presume are dead, likely killed by Nether gate)
SuikoAddicted

Post by SuikoAddicted »

Right now its an easy one...haha....well its Snowe!!!!....damn where`s my shovel & Christmas miracle in this Snowstorm!! Sorry, gotta go....but i`ll return later, lots to say & read about!!!
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

@Suiko: Is Snowe one you like or one you don't? Personally, I think it's pretty, especially for a guy (and not just because he's my favorite character). It would be a but funny to meet someone in real life with that name, though. He'd probably get picked on a lot in school.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

LOL i would pick on him and not just because i hate him. My friend called him Winter Fingerhut and when I laughed she said What happens in winter? It snows. I must admit, she has a point.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Lol my sister's weird. She keeps twisting Snowe's name from "Snowe Weeniehut" "Weeniehut Jr." "Weeniehut Champion" to "Snowe Fingerbutt."
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Haha, pretty cute! It is way too easy to make fun of (and his last name really needs to go, but Fingerhut instead of Vingerhut would be an improvement). RPG recaps calls him "Slowe Fingerbang."
wakaba90

Post by wakaba90 »

for me it`s kinda weird when jowy turned to be jowy blight , kinda heavy for him , because he is a pretty boy in my opinion and the name doesn`t fit at all . xD
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

He is pretty, but he's a bad-ass fighter and a kind of genius. However, he shares the same name as Luca Tyrant Blight.
jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins »

Hi there..
Gen Dirge can tell us what you think so we can debate over it. Never know, you might get this somewhere..
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Fuwalafuwalu((Did I got the spelling right??)) is so freaking long.. I can't imagine calling someone like that.. Kun To sounds rather weird too.. And that Scholtheim something, what was it?? I always thought it was just a 'joke name' since it's used as fake names in I and II but there was actually someone named like that!! That made me laugh.. Many names in V seems to be rather ..unique.. Sialeeds, Sharmista, Zerase, Alhazred and whatnot.. It seems like they just put random letters and that's it..

I like the name of the villains all through out the series((Except Windy.. Which does NOT sound evil at all)).. Luca sounds really evil.. And so does Yuber and Barbarossa..
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Lazlo. The name.. Is bad. Kinda funny to hear "The Great General TEO" though, i mean, come on. Teo? If they wanted us to know he was awesome name him like, something! There must be better fitting names than Teo!
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Hirathien wrote:Kinda funny to hear "The Great General TEO" though, i mean, come on. Teo? If they wanted us to know he was awesome name him like, something! There must be better fitting names than Teo!

I totally agree about that.. I mean.. Teo sounds like a name of a bystander.. Not a GREAT GENERAL..
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

A bystander or a little boy, not a great general...