Who trained the Prince with the tri-nunchaku?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
The fighting 108

Re: Who trained the Prince with the tri-nunchaku?

Post by The fighting 108 »

The fact the Roy uses the same weapon kind of implies that the tri-nunchaku might not be a royal secret, but rather a distinctive native fighting style that probably evolved in Falena out of some previous necessity. I sort of doubt that Roy recieved training from any illustrious grandmaster.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The fighting 108 wrote:The fact the Roy uses the same weapon kind of implies that the tri-nunchaku might not be a royal secret, but rather a distinctive native fighting style that probably evolved in Falena out of some previous necessity. I sort of doubt that Roy recieved training from any illustrious grandmaster.
That's very true. The idea that Genkaku would travel all the way to Falena just to train royals on how to use their own family heirloom, and that the royals would readly allow a total stranger from afar with no connections whatsoever to teach their prince how to use a deadly weapon sounds far-fetched.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Euram also got Roy to mascarade as the Prince, so he most likely devised a faux version of the Tri-Nunchaku, to make it LOOK like the real deal, thus fooling everyone in Sable.

Anyone else think Lord Rovere might have something to do with the Prince's training? We don't know much about him, and sure he may have been a noble but that doesn't necessarly mean he couldn't fight...
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Is there anything mentioned in the game about Georg training the Prince? in Suikoden V manga Dawn Castle, the prince is shown being trained by Georg (apparently regularly). Ferid later asks the prince to train with him which the prince refuses. Kyle and Lyon also say that because of the prince, they never get a chance to spar with Georg.

I haven't play S5 so I don't know if the game support this.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Paler than Moon wrote:Is there anything mentioned in the game about Georg training the Prince? in Suikoden V manga Dawn Castle, the prince is shown being trained by Georg (apparently regularly). Ferid later asks the prince to train with him which the prince refuses. Kyle and Lyon also say that because of the prince, they never get a chance to spar with Georg.

I've yet to see the Suikoden V Manga, but that's probably due to the fact that it's not translated...but I've played through Suikoden V quite a bit, and there was never any mention of them training with Georg. Though that would be a good assumption.
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

Paler than Moon wrote:Is there anything mentioned in the game about Georg training the Prince? in Suikoden V manga Dawn Castle, the prince is shown being trained by Georg (apparently regularly). Ferid later asks the prince to train with him which the prince refuses. Kyle and Lyon also say that because of the prince, they never get a chance to spar with Georg.

The game never really implies any training the prince might have had with Georg. As was noted elsewhere in the thread, the only training the Prince seems to get is from his Mom in the opening as she encourages him on in a duel with Lyon.

Btw, is it just me, or is Arshtaht semi transparent in this particular scene? And why is the Prince wearing the outfit that he is only supposed to get after he broke away with from the Barrows?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The fighting 108 wrote:Btw, is it just me, or is Arshtaht semi transparent in this particular scene? And why is the Prince wearing the outfit that he is only supposed to get after he broke away with from the Barrows?
A wizard did it. Or he has had the outfit for a while and managed a quick pack before fleeing the Sun Palace.
Nahilip

Post by Nahilip »

Well it was royal heirloom so i don't think it would be outsider who teach prince.
Here's my theory:
Arstat would probably just showing prince how to use n ferid is the one who help master it.
jerome1

Post by jerome1 »

StalkerPizza wrote:Somebody living in Sol Falena most likely trained the Prince. I highly doubt that nobody, other than the royal family, knew how to use a nunchaku, an tool used for farming and fighting. Highly doubt. I mean, Roy knows how to use a nunchaku and he had no affiliation with the royal family whatsoever.
Edited.
you mean only royal family knew how to used the nunchaku? is it hard to use? needs proper training?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I think it's not just a nunchaku. It's what they call a sansetsukon, basically a three-piece-rod which can be switched between a nunchaku (similar to Nanami's weapon in S2) AND a bo staff (similar to Tir's weapon in S1).
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Tanaka "King", the chief character designer, stated that Arshtat was the previous user of that weapon, and was trained in its use. Likely she was the one who trained him.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

So shall we consider this question answered, then?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes Vextor provided the same information only a few posts into this thread only to have everyone ignore it.
-The weapon's a family heirloom (I'm guessing it's very symbolic of the 3-rune relationship)
-Arshtat used it when she was younger
-The game's intro also provides evidence of this, showing Arshtat carefully watching Prince and Lyon spar.