Who trained the Prince with the tri-nunchaku?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
StalkerPizza

Re: Who trained the Prince with the tri-nunchaku?

Post by StalkerPizza »

Somebody living in Sol Falena most likely trained the Prince. I highly doubt that nobody, other than the royal family, knew how to use a nunchaku, an tool used for farming and fighting. Highly doubt. I mean, Roy knows how to use a nunchaku and he had no affiliation with the royal family whatsoever.
Edited.
Last edited by StalkerPizza on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Actually your timeline is incorrect. It goes Suikoden 4, Suikoden Tactics, Suikoden 5, Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2, Suikoden 3. Check out the Suikosourse timeline if you dont believe me, it distintly lists the Sun Rune wars before the Gate Rune Wars.
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Oops.....Sorry, my bad ;)
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Genoh

Post by Genoh »

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the Queen trained him. She cared very much for her son after all. She likely had some free time to at least partially train him.

I wonder who would've been his bodyguard if Lyon hadn't been rescued by Ferid- or if he'd even have one. Perhaps they are the one that trained him.

Maybe he was never trained, and it just came natural to him. Or maybe they had someone train him, and they were just a nameless person, or someone that died in Lordlake.
pyroz218

Post by pyroz218 »

me
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Ferid is quite a skilled warrior, so I doubt the Prince had too much trouble training with the tri-nunchaku.

As for who trained him, most likely Ferid and Arshtat took turns giving him advice on how to properly use it. Maybe they felt he would make an excellent Queen's Knight for Lym when she became Queen someday.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

it was Genkaku
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

my theory about genkaku is quite plausible
after he was banished he could've traveled the world for a while and ofered his services to make a living.
he could easily have been to sol falena while the prince was still a kid. train him and after that return his home in Kyaro. and raise riou and nanami.
since suikoden v is tewlve years prior to suik II.
Also, maybe he adopted them during one of his trip since there hasnt been any mentioning of riou and nanami's origins.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1. the weapon is uniquely used in the Falenian royal family. Just like my points on Ferid, how experienced could Genkaku become so that he could teach Prince?
2. How skillful/mastered could Prince have become assuming Genkaku was training him.... Genkaku has to be back in Kyaro to raise the kids, and he was probably already in Kyaro with his dojo up and running, when he finds the infants Nanami and Riou at around IS 445. The Sun Rune War started in IS 449, and Prince was what, 18 in IS 449? That means he's gone without his "trainer Genkaku" for the last 4-6 or 7 years, which is pretty crucial considering he was basically a pre-teen when his "training" would have ended with Genkaku. do you think Prince learned much from Genkaku, then, even if he trained Prince since birth? The last 4-5 years probably made Prince the skillful warrior he is in Suikoden V, and that training was led by someone other than Genkaku.
3. I'm pretty sure it's said somewhere in Suikoden II that Genkaku stayed in Kyaro after his humiliation, probably in Viktor's story...
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

KFCrispy wrote:2. How skillful/mastered could Prince have become assuming Genkaku was training him.... Genkaku has to be back in Kyaro to raise the kids, and he was probably already in Kyaro with his dojo up and running, when he finds the infants Nanami and Riou at around IS 445. The Sun Rune War started in IS 449, and Prince was what, 18 in IS 449? That means he's gone without his "trainer Genkaku" for the last 4-6 or 7 years, which is pretty crucial considering he was basically a pre-teen when his "training" would have ended with Genkaku. do you think Prince learned much from Genkaku, then, even if he trained Prince since birth? The last 4-5 years probably made Prince the skillful warrior he is in Suikoden V, and that training was led by someone other than Genkaku.
hmm prolly why he's at lvl 1 in the beginning of the story?? hehe lol

however it's not at all impossible to learn a martial art in a couple of years correct??

i mean, the guy from samurai X was trained also a few years by his master correct??

although it's a different reference, the concept of mastering a weapon in few years is still intact, correct?

anywho, 14 years under Genkaku (minus infant years) is still a long time compared to Battousai who's had (estimate) 5 years of training...

I'd imagine the remainder of 4-5 years is a time where the Prince was running errands for the Queendom

after years of training, it's high time to serve the Queendom...

hmmm... whatcha think?? too picture perfect??
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the main issue to review is whether or not Genkaku stayed in Kyaro after he was disgraced. i am pretty sure there is no information about him traveling anywhere... did Viktor say he stayed in Kyaro or was it mentioned at any other time in Suikoden II?

both Suikosource and Gensopedia say he lived out the remainder of his life in Kyaro, with the exception of sealing his rune in Toto.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

if sources indeed say he stayed in Kyaro

then it's quite impossible for him to train the Prince

*sigh*
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

Just because somone lives in one place doe'snt mean he actually stays there all the time.
I mean take me for exemple. I lived in quebec for 28 years and it didnt stop me to travel a bit.
ive been to ontario for coupple of month and even in yellowknife. ive been to europe once.
so who knows he might've travelled even if he ``stayed `` in Kyaro.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Mazinkaiser26 wrote:Just because somone lives in one place doe'snt mean he actually stays there all the time.
I mean take me for exemple. I lived in quebec for 28 years and it didnt stop me to travel a bit.
ive been to ontario for coupple of month and even in yellowknife. ive been to europe once.
so who knows he might've travelled even if he ``stayed `` in Kyaro.
Yeah but it would take more then a couple of months for Genkaku to make the Prince an effective fighter. Training is a long process.

I feel like the time frame doesn't work, I like the idea of Arshtat training him though, never knew that the staff was a family heirloom, that's pretty interesting.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Arshtat? I highly doubt that when has she ever been known to be skilled with anything other than magic. I do have to agree somewhat with Genkaku maybe being his teacher because that is true he could have travled a little bit maybe even brought the kids with him. Now the question is how did Frey become so skilled with the tri-nuchaku with Genkaku only training him for a few months? Well being a skilled warrior that Ferid is I'm sure it wasn't hard to enforce what was already taught to them. So I'm thinking maybe Genkaku taught them the basics,and being Ferids son, he also probaly had training form the Queen's Knights too.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai