Roy's Death???

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Benthos

Roy's Death???

Post by Benthos »

Just a doubt I have from the time when you choose to flee or defend the castle. I played Suiko V four times, and in two of them I have chosen to defend the castle. In the first time, I've chosen the dialogue "But It Will Buy Us Some Time", and then the Roy/Childerich scene appeared. I won against him, but then another scene appears with Childerich ordering Jidan Guisu to attack, and he shoots some arrows in Roy, who dies seeing Lyon in his mind. The second time I lost to Childerich and Roy eventually died without the scene.

Seeing this, does it mean that if you choose to defend the castle Roy will always die?
Need some help please.
sunstar25

Re: Roy's Death???

Post by sunstar25 »

If you opt to defend the castle against overwhelming odds. Roy will die regardless. The only way to save Roy is to abandon the castle.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

sunstar25 wrote:If you opt to defend the castle against overwhelming odds. Roy will die regardless. The only way to save Roy is to abandon the castle.
Really? But then why the choice? You can't get all the 108 SoD if you defend the castle? There must be a way!!!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

No there isn't.
creativerealms

Post by creativerealms »

The choice it there to make the game more interactive. Much like how you can take Lord Burows up on his offer if you really wanted. It's there as a bonus really.
Iku

Post by Iku »

the decision is there to show that as the leader you have the final say over what happens, everyone else wanted to flee, and that its your fault roy died because you weren't making the best strategic choice. its good because on the other suikoden games you never really get to make a decision that affects the game so much! :o
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Well then, looks like there's no way to save Roy then. I thought he could be saved like Nanami. Thank god I could save her at least.

But, if someone knows a way to save Roy without fleeing the castle, feel free to put this on here.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Saving Nanami never made much sense to me anyhow. With no funeral services or graves after her "death", it was way too obvious that the entire thing was fake.

Roy's death was far better handled, definitely.
TheSeraphicRadiance

Post by TheSeraphicRadiance »

I always had the idea, that Roy's vision of Lyon just before he dies, is some kind of "Forshadowing" in the game, because if I recall correctly Lyon can not be saved if Roy dies.

Maybe it is just me though :)
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

TheSeraphicRadiance wrote:I always had the idea, that Roy's vision of Lyon just before he dies, is some kind of "Forshadowing" in the game, because if I recall correctly Lyon can not be saved if Roy dies.

Maybe it is just me though :)
Never thought about that. Makes sense.