Jeane/Viki agelessness source

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jawaz

Re: Jeane/Viki agelessness source

Post by Jawaz »

What i think with Jeane is..... she either found some kind of power with the runes because shes always revolved around runes. But my Biggest question is..... With Viki. She accidentally blinks out of every suikoden sooo .... HOW DOES SHE MANAGE TO GET HER MIRROR BACK!!@!@!@!@!@
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Jawaz wrote:What i think with Jeane is..... she either found some kind of power with the runes because shes always revolved around runes. But my Biggest question is..... With Viki. She accidentally blinks out of every suikoden sooo .... HOW DOES SHE MANAGE TO GET HER MIRROR BACK!!@!@!@!@!@
Haha! You've got a point there! On Suiko2 she didn't have her Blinking Mirror with her. It was Lepant who gave it to Riou.. I wonder why.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The blinking mirror was originally owned by Hellion. She gave it to Tir McDohl, who left it behind when he left Toran-- and it ended up with Lepant. Lepant gave it to Riou.

The blinking mirror owned by little Viki may be a separate blinking mirror altogether, because she says that she is "returning" the mirror. Many possibilities there.

Only in Suikoden 4 does big Viki come with the Blinking Mirror.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Vextor wrote:Only in Suikoden 4 does big Viki come with the Blinking Mirror.
She brings it in Suikoden 5 as well doesn't she?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Vextor wrote:Only in Suikoden 4 does big Viki come with the Blinking Mirror.
She brings it in Suikoden 5 as well doesn't she?
Yes, she does. Blinking Mirror/s sure is/are mysteriuos.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

one has to wonder EXACTLY where she got the Blinking mirror from. I mean Hellion (Suikoden I) gave it to Tir, but in every other Suikoden game (with the exception of Suikoden II and III) Viki was the one who gave it to the leader of the rebel army.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think my favorite theory is that Hellion is old Viki. We already know that there can be more than 1 Viki in your army at a given time, Hellion gives you the Blinking Mirror, and when she joins she says something about also having a difficult power.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

That wwould make, in a way, sense. Then a young, a normal age and a really old Viki would exist... mh.. But you can't confirm it^^
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If Viki's involvement in each game has her pinned at 16 years old, wouldn't that mean the combined events from Suikoden 1-4 from the time she appears to the time she disappears don't total up to a whole year? That means her appearance in each game signaled that the respective wars she took part in ended within an average of 3 months later.

Suikoden V is fairly different, with the campaign being known to have taken more than a year and Viki popping up before you even gain access to your HQ. Perhaps her age will change in the next game?
Formerly known as: Gothann
JanusThePaladin

that is rather odd, especially because after the incident with the elves, dwarves, and kobolds in Suikoden 1, there is definitely a "3 months later" frame.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I think my favorite theory is that Hellion is old Viki. We already know that there can be more than 1 Viki in your army at a given time, Hellion gives you the Blinking Mirror, and when she joins she says something about also having a difficult power.
If that is the case (and it wouldn't surprise me since Konami loves to mess with our minds.) Why would Hellion change her name? I know at that point it would confuse us...and should the remake ever get released outside Japan, they could offically confirm it. (should it be true)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Hellion and (little) Viki have different Stars, so they cannot be the same person.
JanusThePaladin

And Little Viki and Big Viki have different stars. So can they not be the same person?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I would assume so.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

JanusThePaladin wrote:And Little Viki and Big Viki have different stars. So can they not be the same person?
There's something about this that confuses me...>.< I mean Little Viki and Elder Viki look identical, yet they're as different as two snowflakes.

Konami is gonna have to explain more about Viki sooner or later I suppose.