Jeane/Viki agelessness source

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Crowetron

Re: Jeane/Viki agelessness source

Post by Crowetron »

Then again, given her teleporting track record, she could be refering to ANY empire in ANY period of time in ANY place. No wonder the poor girl's confused.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Crowetron wrote:Then again, given her teleporting track record, she could be refering to ANY empire in ANY period of time in ANY place. No wonder the poor girl's confused.
...That's true...so far we only know about the Scarlet Moon Empire, and Kooluk Empire. And she DID say "Almost on the other side" (or roughly close to that)

So she could be refering to an Empire on perhaps the Western Continent. And she may have heard about said empire, instead of being there too...
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Isn't Harmonia the Holy Empire?

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Crowetron wrote:Isn't Harmonia the Holy Empire?
It's actually known as the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

My mistake. I thought I remembered them calling it the Holy Empire in Suiko 3, but, as I said before, I haven't played 3 since...'98? Maybe more recent, but still a long frickin' time ago.

Georg = Batman?
sad_ninja

Post by sad_ninja »

I always thought that Viki carried a true rune and didn't know it. Maybe one that has purview over Time and Space, but the curse associated with it is that it can't really be controlled. That would make Viki a pawn of the rune's will more than anything else.
rhombus

Post by rhombus »

What I always found interesting is that poor Viki never gets a break. From her dialogue, she seems to teleport away during all the victory celebrations and ends up right in the middle of the "next" (for her) conflict- so she's had 5 Suikodens worth of nonstop warfare. Assuming that each campaign took at least several months (which already seems short) that's a few years in a row without a break for her. Also, it kinda bugs me that her age is still 16 after 5... I think they just do it for the sake of keeping at least SOMETHING the same, and they like to keep a cute teenage girl, but really she should probably be at least 18, and probably more (as some of those campaigns really would, or SHOULD, have taken more than a couple of months).
Erk in danger!
Exclamation

Post by Exclamation »

I may be wrong, but nowhere did it ever say explicitly that she was human. We know there are plenty of non-human races out there and we have no idea what kind of life cycle they have. Bob could live to be 600 years old for all we know. Then's there the whole Eresh thing, seeming to jump bodies and knowing Jeane quite well. It's possible she migrates to a knew body every so often and uses her Charm Rune to hide her true identity. Or maybe she doesn't jump bodies and just hides her true form with the Charm Rune. This also goes well with the "Koroku sees her true form" theory. The sounds... they would work with the whole hiding her true self theory, maybe she's like some pleasure goddess and Rania is in to that stuff so she loves the sounds that constantly flow out of Jeane and her sexy-self.
Just give up and learn to cry.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

THe whole "true form hidden" thing also seems to work with Richmond's investigation of her. SOMEthing scared the crap out of him, and that would probably do it.

Georg = Batman?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Viki teleports through time, thats what I know.

About Jeane.. Like Zerase, she doesn't have any True Rune but she still lives from IV to III. Ask animals about that. I dont remember how i knew but animals seem to know her true form. Can't we ask Ernst about her on a full moon????? awww......
Last edited by Runemaster on Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I think Jeane is cursed like the Sindar, to roam eternally throughout the world.

Viki, as stated 40 times in this topic, travels through time.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Redheim wrote:I think Jeane is cursed like the Sindar, to roam eternally throughout the world.

If ever Jeane really is cursed, looks like she does not even consider it a "curse". In fact, nobody does! If you get what I mean. :D :D :D tee-hee!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Runemaster wrote:
Redheim wrote:I think Jeane is cursed like the Sindar, to roam eternally throughout the world.

If ever Jeane really is cursed, looks like she does not even consider it a "curse". In fact, nobody does! If you get what I mean. :D :D :D tee-hee!
Do you consider it a curse to have the chance to bath with Viki at at least 5 Occasions? Well, I don't^^
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

They're ageless because they are Konami's spy and fanservice tool D:
I rest my case.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I read something on this site about why Jeane is ageless because she is some kind of alien that morphs because of the Charm rune.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.