The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: The other sword Tessai was interested in....

Post by patapi »

According to the main site, "Star Dragon Sword" was supposed to be "Zodiac Sword". Then what is the better translation of "King Dragon Sword"?
Zeikcied

Re: Re:

Post by Zeikcied »

Scotts wrote:
Iris wrote:That's the higher-level version of the Star Dragon Sword in Suikoden I. You get it when the SDS is sharpened to level 12. It doesn't exist in S2, IIRC.
~_~

Ok SO

In Suikoden 1, Viktor gets the Star Dragon Sword. If you upgrade it enough it turns into the King Dragon Sword
Barbarosa's sword is called Dragon King Sword, the "King" and the "Dragon" are switched around. Lol.
I'm pretty sure that's a translation issue.

If I recall correctly, the Zodiac Sword was mistranslated as the Star Dragon Sword. In all probability, its sharpened version was also mistranslated. Thus the odd coincidence in names of the King Dragon Sword and Barbarossa's Dragon King Sword.

Much like the True Holy Rune not being a True Rune.
chypa

Post by chypa »

what is the connection between the star dragon sword and dragon king sword?
jin022

Post by jin022 »

maybe they got no connection
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I wouldn't say there's a connection. If you think about it, Barbarossa was an emperor turned into a golden dragon thing. Thus, Dragon King. Star Dragon is a mistranslation of Zodiac. If the Dragon King sword was the one Tessai was talking about then it would be in there to add depth to the game, rather than a hint to bring another sword to him.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.