Why is Leknaat not a SOD?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Luca

Why is Leknaat not a SOD?

Post by Luca »

From my point of view she has been involved in every game one way or another just like the rest of 108SOD....but she was never part of them.

What do you think is the cause? 8)
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Maybe she's too old for that sort of thing? :) Just kidding, well Konami still makes a mystey out of Leknaat, but I hope to recruit her one day in Suikoden 20 or so :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

It is very possible that she may be a Star f Destiny in a future game. More than likely, she has not been one because she has not been required for direct involvement and it would also spoil the mystery and allure that comes along with her character. She is supposed to guide the wheel of fate indirectly by motivating young and impressionable boys. That has been her role and becoming directly involved in the plot would slightly askew such a role.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Pretty much the mechanism that makes the world move. She may become a SOD when we actually get a story that directly involes The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia and actually able to explore that country. It would make sense, because she has been involed with Harmonia in the past, not as a supporting member though, but as an enemy it seems.
Luca wrote:From my point of view she has been involved in every game one way or another just like the rest of 108SOD....but she was never part of them.

What do you think is the cause? 8)
She played major roles in 1,2 and somewhat 5. I can't quite remember how much she showed up in 4 though. She was nearly non-existent in the third installment, unless you got Lucs POV I believe. and ofcourse, she wasn't even in Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

The Prophet wrote:She is supposed to guide the wheel of fate indirectly by motivating young and impressionable boys.
Are we talking about Leknat, or Michael Jackson? :lol: But seriously, Leknat's not one of the SoD's because she doesn't truly affect the flow of destiny. She merely speaks to the Tenkai, letting them know of their destiny to gather the SoD's and lead them. In otherwords, she doesn't affect the flow of destiny, merely watches from the sidelines and offers encouragement. Much like parents watching their kids play sports.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Luca

Post by Luca »

WaterMoon wrote:
The Prophet wrote:She is supposed to guide the wheel of fate indirectly by motivating young and impressionable boys.
Are we talking about Leknat, or Michael Jackson? :lol: But seriously, Leknat's not one of the SoD's because she doesn't truly affect the flow of destiny. She merely speaks to the Tenkai, letting them know of their destiny to gather the SoD's and lead them. In otherwords, she doesn't affect the flow of destiny, merely watches from the sidelines and offers encouragement. Much like parents watching their kids play sports.
Thats the point, she got the power of a true rune so why did she decide not to get direct involvement to help?

And those of you who say she is watcher of fate or something....who decided on that? is there any proof? :D

And thats a good joke about Jackson i've had for some time :lol:
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Not all True Rune bearers are SoD's. Windy was never one, nor Jowy, nor Barbarossa. Ted was one during the Island Nations thing, but not during the later War with Tir. Sasarai wasn't on during the Dunan Unification War. Hikusaak hasn't been one in ANY of the 5 wars we've seen, even though he's been around since forever.

And as for her non-involvement, she pretty much says it herself throughout the games. Everytime she introduces herself she says something along "I am Leknaat, the watcher of the threads of destiny. It is my duty to show the stars to their destiny" something along those lines. The only time she has ever been involved beyond the odd cryptic message or droppin off some big stone slabs is to help counter Windy's half of the Gate Rune.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

she will never be a part of SOD,because she's the one who guide the SODs..maybe their is a chance that she will became part of it when the gameplay or the setting was in her time when her clan was massacred by harmonians..
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I know im being er. . . lame?

This what i 'stupidly' think of. .

(1)She could be the Tenkai star of the final suikoden (don't know when?)

(2)Since she have the gate rune (She can travel through time or sort.)

(3)Who know once she complete her journey, ending of the game(lolz),
she went on a time journey to help the past Tenkai to win!

Like i say it really stupid. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Archer

Post by Archer »

I'm not being funny but I don't see her being a Tenkai. She's blind. Navigating the game ruins and dungeons would be tough ya?

I don't think she would become a SoD. It's hard for me to explain what I think but just suffice to say that I see her as something more important than a Star in Suikodens terms.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

just like i said,she's the one who guides the SOD specially the tenkai,how can she became a tenkai,,

hmmm,a best example if this,

okay,she became a tenkai,now,who will becam a person who will guide her or the future tenkai..
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:just like i said,she's the one who guides the SOD specially the tenkai,how can she became a tenkai,,

hmmm,a best example if this,

okay,she became a tenkai,now,who will becam a person who will guide her or the future tenkai..
She didn't really do any guiding in Suikoden III, and her appearance in V comprised a total of one scene (haven't played IV, so can't say there). It's apparent that some events need less guiding than others.

Still, I don't see her as a Tenkai; she just doesn't fit the model. Another star is quite possible though - especially Tenkan (the star of Luc, Ted, and Zerase).
Twelve

Post by Twelve »

Whereas Suikoden I, II, IV and V, had unambiguous leading characters, Suikoden III almost completely abandoned the formula. If you want to say that her duty is to lead "young males," she attempted to do so with Luc (who eventually rejected her guidance), even though Thomas was technically the Tenkai and Hugo is a popular candidate for Flame Champion.

However, I do agree that her role seems to be decreasing in importance with each new Suikoden game. I could even foresee her complete removal from future games (or at least an absence for a few games).
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Post by Ralphy Leone Tensei »

My question is that how can you recruit someone who pops out of nowhere? She could be difficult to recruit. And what would here special ability be?
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Well, Viki always pops out of nowhere and there is no problem recruiting her. Her specialty would be magic, since she is a sorceress. But, I doubt she will ever be recruitable.