Sanchez?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: Sanchez?

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Tir spared the life of a lot of villains like Milich, Kwanda etc. I personally don't think it would have made much sense if they suddenly stopped being merciful so close to the end.
(If you believe Gensopedia) It's said Sanchez was pardoned by Lepant and went to live at Qlon Temple.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm it would be a nice twist to have one of your trusted allies act as a spy and in the end joins the other side because of the relationships that were developed, giving your side a royal screwjobr. Jowy and Sialeeds are similar characters but both had different intentions from the start.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I grew suspicious when he kept offering me wine....
I used to wonder if he had gotten executed or not,hearing that Lepant may have pardoned him makes some sense. Though I always figured that they did it before the end at Gregminster,that way Sanchez died with what was left of the empire he supported.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I wanted him to be imprisoned for life. Or put to work somehow.

I noticed he wasn't on my tablet when I was doing recruiting, but never thought he'd be a spy or anything. Creepy man, I don't want your wine!!!
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

Sometimes I wonder if he's the guy that runs the inn at Coronet in S2. I mean I figure it isn't him but it sure does look like him enough to make me question it hahaha
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is it my idea or Sanchez besides being a spy,he is a pederast too?

Everytime Tir speaks to him,Sanchez wants to offer him some wine,besides the fact that Tir is 15 years old...

If it's true,then that guy is a total creep!

Anyway,you can figure out that there is something strange with Sanchez,because of the fact that he is the ONLY character,except Odessa and Ted who will die anyway,of your army...who is a non-SoD.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:he is not a SoD, but there are many NPCs who are non-SoD who are still your allies. this applies to all the games..

Look these characters aren't staying in your castle...and all of them are town mayors,village elders,etc who will stay in their own town/village and not on your castle.

Non-SoD characters who are staying at your castle are either characters who belong to a group of 5. (like the other 4 squirels from S2,or the other 4 dogs from S3)...or people who will turn against you,like Sialeeds from S5.
Belle

Post by Belle »

No need to doublepost...
Sasarai10 wrote: Non-SoD characters who are staying at your castle are either characters who belong to a group of 5. (like the other 4 squirels from S2,or the other 4 dogs from S3)...or people who will turn against you,like Sialeeds from S5.
Pilika seems to be the exception to that rule. (True, she'll eventually leave, but she doesn't turn against you.)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Belle wrote:No need to doublepost...
Sasarai10 wrote: Non-SoD characters who are staying at your castle are either characters who belong to a group of 5. (like the other 4 squirels from S2,or the other 4 dogs from S3)...or people who will turn against you,like Sialeeds from S5.
Pilika seems to be the exception to that rule. (True, she'll eventually leave, but she doesn't turn against you.)

Sorry about the double-post but it was on a different page so i couldn't find it in order to quote it. :)

Anyway,Pilika belongs to the 2nd section,but she is not like Sialeeds or Sanchez (Although some people say Sialeeds turned against Frey,to help him to get rid of Barows and Godwins). I mean she belongs to the non-SoD characters who will leave from your side,at a certain point of the game.

Actually the exception is McDohl in S2. He is totally different than the other 2 categories...you have to have a S1 data in your memory card in order to get him...plus you have to go all the way to Gregminster if you wish to put him in your party after his side-quest.....pah :x
Belle

Post by Belle »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Anyway,Pilika belongs to the 2nd section,but she is not like Sialeeds or Sanchez (Although some people say Sialeeds turned against Frey,to help him to get rid of Barows and Godwins). I mean she belongs to the non-SoD characters who will leave from your side,at a certain point of the game.
Well, you should've said that first :P
Actually the exception is McDohl in S2. He is totally different than the other 2 categories...you have to have a S1 data in your memory card in order to get him...plus you have to go all the way to Gregminster if you wish to put him in your party after his side-quest.....pah :x
Ah, but remember, McDohl doesn't stay at your castle.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Belle wrote: Ah, but remember, McDohl doesn't stay at your castle.

Yes,i said that already...once you release him from your party....if you wish to get him again,you have to go back to Gregminster.
Belle

Post by Belle »

In other words, McDohl isn't the exception to your rule.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In S IV, you can get some nameless NPCs and some cats, iirc, if you want to count them in. ;)

Anyway, in Suikoden, a lot of characters dont appear on the Table of Promises (or disappear all of a sudden at times), so it is not that suspicious if he isn't on it.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:In S IV, you can get some nameless NPCs and some cats, iirc, if you want to count them in. ;)

In that case,the animals you recruit in S2,for Yuzu's farm are considered npc....

But when we say non-SoD,probaly we mean characters with avatar.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

dragons_descent4 wrote:Sometimes I wonder if he's the guy that runs the inn at Coronet in S2. I mean I figure it isn't him but it sure does look like him enough to make me question it hahaha
Sorry for reviving this old post but I also thought this :D the guy at the Coronet Inn looks eerily like Sanchez. Is this wikipedia-like website claiming Sanchez was exiled to Qlon temple anything canon or reliable? Because if Sanchez going to Qlon is not from an official source, then I want to believe he was banned from Toran and made his way north until he could open the Coronet Inn :lol: