What a sissy

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The only reason why I thought he was a girl at first was because everyone said so.
ChikuChiyu

Post by ChikuChiyu »

I havent seen this character, ihave seen similar things before. I thing waring some decent Male implitive clothing would be appropriat too.
Who being loved is poor?..
Truely if there is evil in this world, it is in the hearts of Mankind.
Let those who find pleasure in loving be loved, and those who find pleasuer in killing, be killed.
ChikuChiyu

Post by ChikuChiyu »

Leggings and tiara maybey a little too open. You still have dignity you know.. But if you like that sort of thing.. Great,..
Who being loved is poor?..
Truely if there is evil in this world, it is in the hearts of Mankind.
Let those who find pleasure in loving be loved, and those who find pleasuer in killing, be killed.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

In the future, don't double post, especially when you could just edit your first post.
I hope everything is going delicious.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

All I can say is that the front cover of the game made the prince look like a girl, I mean seriously but in the game he look like a young man thankfully. We should have gotten the last custom change in the good ending of the game if you choose not leave the country.
Pretty Like A Girl

Post by Pretty Like A Girl »

I think if they'd dressed the hero in clothing more similar to Roy then it would definitely have been a massive improvement, i mean its not like Roy is a huge buff man, he's physically identical to the hero apart from clothing and hairstyle, but at least he exudes some sort of masculinity.

konami have two options really, keep making their characters effeminate and have them talk and possess a personality which would make them original and appealing (without the personality they're just like oddly dressed puppets and its starting to grate on me) or they can keep them silent and get them to put some pants on or hey, maybe even up their age a little.
i am like a wall of flesh....
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Or Konami could keep their protagonists as silent 16 year old males, which is what they'll probably keep doing.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I like them being silent and having lots of choices that reflect you. Cause when heroes talk, you sometimes get really bad results in RPGs and you just want to tell the hero to shut the hell up.

Cloud, Squall, Tidus come to mind...
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Shula

Post by Shula »

Sickpup wrote:I like them being silent and having lots of choices that reflect you. Cause when heroes talk, you sometimes get really bad results in RPGs and you just want to tell the hero to shut the hell up.

Cloud, Squall, Tidus come to mind...
I agree with you about the silence of the heros of suikoden and...

Ugh... Tidus... he is the worst main character in all FF's(well i havent played them all but out of those 3 you mentioned).I was finally getting bored with SV so I started playing X again and stopped after 10 minutes of it :( but I am playing S IV right now and its not half bad! :D
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Although this is in the locked archive, just for your info we already discussed silent heros a bit: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4544

I don't like them actually unless you get extremely large number of choices of diologue that actually effect story (like in KOTOR and Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines).
razorwing77

Post by razorwing77 »

I gotta agree with the original poster on this topic. I'm not a big fan of the Hero's character design. I'd rather the character be obviously male if he's a dude, or I'd just rather him be a girl. I wouldn't have a problem with that. But somewhere in between... I really don't care for that.

I'd rather the Hero take after his dad more than his mom and aunts.
Fei Yuki

Post by Fei Yuki »

I'd always found Lym to take after her dad and the prince, after his mum...

As for the post.. I'll say its more of a cultural viewpoint than anything else. Japanese ppl love looking at pretty boys more than muscular bishes. Also don't forget the prince is pretty young... about 15/16 or so. Considering the sort of society he was brought up in, I'm not really surprised at the way he turned out.

Am i the only one who thinks he looks cool in that daring outfit? =x
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I still stand on my comment that because he was the first born and was male, his parents must have treated him more feminine because they wanted a female.
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

I read somewhere that because he's Falenan where females rule, his design was meant to be a little femanine. It's either from this board or King's blog entry. Can't really recall.
Darian

Post by Darian »

I liked the hero in his orignal outfit, that orange tunic thing. But yeah, I hate his main outfit. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the scarf and half-sleeves or whatever they're called... you all know what I'm referring to.

The tights didn't help, either.

Ugh... I just really wish they would have kept him in his original outfit. :\